PDA

View Full Version : McGahee ... good or bad?

HenryRules
04-26-2003, 07:06 PM
Suprised that a poll hasn't been taken yet on whether or not people like Willis McGahee as our first rounder, so here it is.

ArcticWildMan
04-26-2003, 07:11 PM
You forgot to add "Undecided". I hated the pick at first, but the Kelsay pick in rd 2 makes me feel a little better. My only big gripe is that a first round pick should contribute right away (QB is the ONLY exception). We have a guy who will make millions and probably not even play a down this year. We basically picked a first pick next year.

Drewpac
04-26-2003, 07:58 PM
I believe this will go down as a very bad pick. If I'm correct this is McGahee's second major knee injury. Take a look at all of the great RB's in the NFL who have suffered similar injuries. None of them ever made it all the way back. Terell Davis, Jamal Anderson, and E. James are prime examples of this. I believe that WM will never make a significant contribution in a Bills uniform. But, I'll happily eat crow if he becomes a Bills' great!

ublinkwescore
04-26-2003, 08:13 PM
I'm undecided yet.

If we get rid of Gary, it might make us look less incompetent, but what if WM doesn't return to his prior form, and we got rid of Gary - we better hope to god like there's no tomorrow that Henry not only stays healthy, but also recovers from fumblitis.

On the other hand, training camp alone can decimate a team, and who knows, a stupid team like the Redskins (deep at CB), or the Raiders (still got some quality players) might get desperate for a WM who will/ at least should be at 100% by the time camp comes - TD is playing the leverage card in case we lose a key component to injury.

Bottom line is, I don't think this was the best pick we could have made, but at the same time, it was a pick we could afford to take given what we've done during the offseason.

Just a day ago, everyone on here was saying that we were playoff contenders prior to the draft - how does this hurt us?

Simple - it doesn't.

Novacane
04-26-2003, 08:29 PM
If Donahoe likes it than I like it. I trust this guys judgement

Pride
04-26-2003, 08:52 PM
It doesn't hurt us... (although it could psychologically to TH)

I just feel we didnt get any better today. We picked 3 guys who are probably not going to contribute at all...

I would have liked to get 1 immediate impact player today. Safety or TE. Then I would be happy.

Dannyboy
04-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
If Donahoe likes it than I like it. I trust this guys judgement
I have to agree. If it were just me from my armchair I would say this was a wasted pick. But Donahoe hasn't done very much of anything wrong. He must have known early on that MaGahee was going to be around at pick number 23 so he checked him out. I would imagine he interviewed MaGahee's kindergarten teacher. Time will tell, but he seems to do it right:hail:

BFBills
04-26-2003, 10:17 PM
what awm said about the hated it at first is how i feel

SABURZFAN
04-27-2003, 06:48 AM
too early to tell