Best guess and last thought on Peters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Best guess and last thought on Peters...

The guy is still hurt and is going to use his recovery as a holdout until week 10 when he has to report. This is most likely why there is no public discussion.

He shows up week 10, fully recovered, plays well, and gives himself the best chance to renegotiate his contract.

I'm disappointed that he's not going to be playing anytime soon because this is a significant loss.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Best guess and last thought on Peters...

Please his injury does not take that long to heal.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
      Then why won't he say a word or even show up? He is acting extra shady about things.

I personally hope if he waits till week 10 to show up that he just rots on the bench.

D & S Sports

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
        Then why won't he say a word or even show up? He is acting extra shady about things.

I personally hope if he waits till week 10 to show up that he just rots on the bench.
        Yeah, there has to be more to this story.

Last week I was pretty confident that something was going to break or his agent would go public and say the Bills are "cheap bastards".

Even agents around the league are starting to change their tune from a few weeks ago.

This isn't good.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          Well, give me your theory. The situation is starting to get weird.

Comment

• gil
            • Mar 2005

Yeah, honestly I think this is the best way to get him into camp -- or at least talk to someone -- is if some "sources close to the bills" start leaking out that maybe he's damaged goods and that's why he isn't reporting.

That might be one way to smoke him out to have him prove he's not hurt.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Don't know about his being hurt, but he reports in weak 10, will not be a huge factor the remainder of the season. The Bills shop him and trade him in the offseason to a team that is willing to negotiate a new deal. I hope they can get a first round pick for him.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

This story is very simple I dont know why everyone wants to try and "figure it out"... Peters asked for a raise after the season, the Bills said no and since then he has refused to show up for any team activities until the Bills change their stance on paying him this year. He has been silent because there is nothing to discuss in his mind. It's either the Bills agree to re-do his contract this year or he continues to hold out. He is waiting for the Bills to call him and tell him they are willing to negotiate now.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

I dont want to say it but I think Mahdi is right.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36

He wants more money. The exact same tactic got Stephen Jackson paid didn't it?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
                      This story is very simple I dont know why everyone wants to try and "figure it out"... Peters asked for a raise after the season, the Bills said no and since then he has refused to show up for any team activities until the Bills change their stance on paying him this year. He has been silent because there is nothing to discuss in his mind. It's either the Bills agree to re-do his contract this year or he continues to hold out. He is waiting for the Bills to call him and tell him they are willing to negotiate now.
                      People need to apply the principle of Occam's razor. Stop making assumptions. The guy had a routine injury and has had more than enough time to recover. Even if he were hurt, he would be better off coming back and rehabbing the team instead of forfeiting millions because he doesn't want people to know he is hurt. That makes no sense.

This is a simple money grab. Peters wants more money, probably a lot more, and won't play until he gets it. The Bills are putting their foot down and saying they are not going to re-do the deal with 3 years left. Until one side or the other changes their mind, you have a standoff.

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        The guy is still hurt and is going to use his recovery as a holdout until week 10 when he has to report. This is most likely why there is no public discussion.

He shows up week 10, fully recovered, plays well, and gives himself the best chance to renegotiate his contract.

I'm disappointed that he's not going to be playing anytime soon because this is a significant loss.
                        IF he comes back this late, week 10 an actually tries to play for a new contract..i better see his ass outta here, no way are we going to give him a new contract if he sits out for 10 weeks/longer than that..F this piece of ****, get rid of him.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                          People need to apply the principle of Occam's razor. Stop making assumptions. The guy had a routine injury and has had more than enough time to recover. Even if he were hurt, he would be better off coming back and rehabbing the team instead of forfeiting millions because he doesn't want people to know he is hurt. That makes no sense.

This is a simple money grab. Peters wants more money, probably a lot more, and won't play until he gets it. The Bills are putting their foot down and saying they are not going to re-do the deal with 3 years left. Until one side or the other changes their mind, you have a standoff.
                          Stop making "contact" NE, you'll confuse the masses.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

does anyone have a link or is this an assumption ?
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

I actually heard a rumer very simliar to this, i have a friend who works at ST John Fisher at the practices, and he said media rumers have circulated that Peters may have re-injured his groin doing something non football related and was a no show for the OTAs and minicamps because of this

Knowing the Bills would not pay him cause he got hurt off feild

Just Here say but still interesting that this is why his agent chose to start the holdout stuff

Very weird situation goin on
                              and i think Peters needs to show up classless jerk
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X