• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Maybe Peters is eventually trying to force a trade

Although I have absolutely no basis to say this; given the way he’s held out, if anything maybe he’s trying to force a trade.

He probably knows the Bills aren’t going to pay them this year, and from what I have heard he wants to be paid amongst the highest paid OL in the NFL. Perhaps he feels the Bills will never pay him what he feels he is worth.

So by being completely unreasonable and not even speaking to the team, maybe the Bills get fed up of dealing with him (or lack of) and end up trading him to a team that will give him the long term package he wants financially.

Maybe he figures it’s OK to lose money right now short term if he ends up getting dealt to a team that’s going to give him $20-25 million upfront after trading for him once the Bills are officially fed up.

A lot more likely than him “still being hurt”. That’s ridiculous. If anything, like NE39 said that would make him even dumber to not report, when he can at least get paid for rehabbing an injury instead of getting fined for not being here.

Regardless, I’m starting to turn the corner on this guy, and I’m getting beyond fed up with him myself.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Maybe Peters is eventually trying to force a trade

Hopefully he comes home and gets traded to Dallas. Colombo is a drive killer and Flozell could move to RT. A trade might be best anyway, looks like the relationship is sour and the Bills aren't willing to talk 2008.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
      • Sep 2002

What you state makes sense. Peters attitude throughout has been bizarre. It's like he forcing the Bills to get rid of him. Now, what do the Bills do? I admire their posture to date but practical realities may force them to do what you suggest.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Can Dallas afford him?

D & S Sports

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

it seems that d synder doesn't realize that a lot of players who sign the big contract with him also take a huge vacation the second they are signed on. So if this is Peters' end game solution, i would be surprised if anyone other than the redskins would bite on this.

If i was a rich owner, i would still be hesitant to pay a guy with 1 good year and was angry with a 3 year deal from another team. if he was my player to begin with, i'd be more understanding. i'm not sure i would trade picks/player and then sign a new contract with guarantees. The only guy who does that is snyder. he's the only gambler.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
            Can Dallas afford him?
            If Jones wants him he'll find a way to afford him. It's unlikely that he does want him though, since Flozell just got his big deal, Newman just got his, Barber just got his, and Ware is about to get his. Something is going to have to be done about Colombo though, his stupid penalties every drive get old quick.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Aren't the Rams desperate for an Olineman? Trading a pro-bowler should mean a 1st rounder! Imagine if we could get the Rams 1st rounder next year! That would be outstanding!!! Especially since they are likely to be among the top 5 or atleast top 10 picking in next year's draft!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I said this weeks ago.

One way or the other he is going to get his money.

He will either force the Bills to pay him or make the situation uncomfortable that they will trade him to someone who will pay him.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Aren't the Rams desperate for an Olineman? Trading a pro-bowler should mean a 1st rounder! Imagine if we could get the Rams 1st rounder next year! That would be outstanding!!! Especially since they are likely to be among the top 5 or atleast top 10 picking in next year's draft!
                  Yeah, if Pace goes down we're golden. If he doesn't they also have a first rounder in Barron on the right side so the trade is unlikely. Add the fact that their FO is just as cheap as ours and it's pretty unlikely.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    Yeah, if Pace goes down we're golden. If he doesn't they also have a first rounder in Barron on the right side so the trade is unlikely. Add the fact that their FO is just as cheap as ours and it's pretty unlikely.
                    cheap, yes. but they did cave to the S. Jackson situation.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      cheap, yes. but they did cave to the S. Jackson situation.
                      Yeah, but they are smart enough to pay their best player what he wants. Ralph would rather pocket some extra Denny's cash.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

I don't think that was necessarily his intent going into the holdout, but that may end up being the net effect. If the Bills won't renegotiate with three years left on his old deal and Peters won't play without being paid like a top five tackle, then the only way out is for Buffalo to trade him to somebody that will renegotiate. I don't really expect Buffalo to arrive at that conclusion until after the trade deadline, so the trade would end up being for a draft pick next April. Since that is most likely what another team is going to offer anyway, the Bills would probably just as soon wait and collect all the fines they can from Peters to punish him for the way he decided to handle his contract demands.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Add the fact that their FO is just as cheap as ours and it's pretty unlikely.

what a joke

Dockery,, Walker, Schobel and Kelsay all signed some pretty damn big money contracts. Evans is on deck

lets use just a tad bit of truth and common sense when we post, cause this quote is a complete joke, and a huge non-truth.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Hopefully he comes home and gets traded to Dallas. Colombo is a drive killer and Flozell could move to RT. A trade might be best anyway, looks like the relationship is sour and the Bills aren't willing to talk 2008.
                            Are you sure your not more a Dallas fan than a Bills fan?

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

I don't know, but if you ask me, trading him just seems like caving in to his dirty tactics. Will he sit out for 3 years? We'll find out. But if he doesn't, and comes to play, he'd assuredly be better than some high prized gamble we'd get in return. Not only that, but my guess is that if we traded him, it'd be for a '10 pick. Then we have to develop him.

Sounds like a 3 year merry-go-round to me, I'd just rather hold onto the UDFA TE and make him rot or play.

Comment

Working...
                              X