PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lee Evans

Lexwhat
08-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Many posters have used the Lee Evans excuse to blast Jason Peters. "Show up and he'll get an extension."

Well, it's been months and they are still "working" on a contract extension. I am not sure what's going to happen.

My question is: How would you feel about our Front Office if we went into the season and there was still no agreement reached?

Contracts don't usually get worked on in the middle of the season, so it's possible they might franchise Evans and try to get an extension done next offseason. But by then, his value probably goes up and we will have other contracts to re-do. Not to mention, we have tons of cap space now, so it doesn't make sense to me to not get anything done now.

Can you imagine our offense without Lee Evans and Jason Peters?

patmoran2006
08-27-2008, 12:38 PM
It would prove the obvious.. But somehow, someway it will get spun around in here and by the end of the thread it will end up being Lee Evan's fault.

When it comes to Wilson, people like to keep their head in the sand; there's no other way to say it.

OpIv37
08-27-2008, 02:25 PM
if we go into the season without Lee Evans, he's as good as gone. If we have a franchise tag available, we'll franchise him for a year. If we don't, he'll leave via FA.

and yes, I'll be mad if a deal isn't done. We have tons of cap room THIS year to front load his contract.

patmoran2006
08-27-2008, 02:28 PM
if we go into the season without Lee Evans, he's as good as gone. If we have a franchise tag available, we'll franchise him for a year. If we don't, he'll leave via FA.

and yes, I'll be mad if a deal isn't done. We have tons of cap room THIS year to front load his contract.
Unless he wants Larry Fitzgerald money, which trust me if thats the case it will come out. There is ZERO excuse to not get a deal done in the next 12 days.

patmoran2006
08-27-2008, 02:29 PM
If a player tries to highball a team with a ridiculous deal, the PR dep't in the organization ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS "leaks" it to the media; to make the player look like the bad guy.

I've seen it many many MANY times.

historypete
08-27-2008, 07:32 PM
If the season starts and Evans isn't signed I'd be disappointed. Evans is showing the Bills he wants to be here. Unfortunately the market has escalated his salary so its going to take at least 8m per year to keep him here. The Bills have the money to do that and they need to. If he doesn't get signed I would think its falls more on management than on Evans.

Mitchell55
08-27-2008, 07:38 PM
There probably trying to hold off the official contract, until they know exactly what they want to do with Peters. It seems that its a long and big contract. Lee will probably get a contract like Hines Ward would get. You dont want to give lee the big money and have Peters come the next week and your forced to give him even more. That would make us flat broke. Not to mention Crowell who is our best LB is in need of a contract.

yordad
08-27-2008, 10:04 PM
We are like 30 million under the cap. I would be friggin pissed. I already told my girl to stop bringing me home random things with the Bills logo. I drew the line after she brought me home Bills Reeboks. I like them (the shoes and the Bills), but if they aint gonna spend it, they aren't getting any more of my money.

BidsJr
08-27-2008, 10:09 PM
We are like 30 million under the cap. I would be friggin pissed. I already told my girl to stop bringing me home random things with the Bills logo. I drew the line after she brought me home Bills Reeboks. I like them (the shoes and the Bills), but if they aint gonna spend it, they aren't getting any more of my money.

:shortbus:

Romes
08-27-2008, 10:35 PM
I would feel the same as I do now until around Feb 1st, 2009.

I feel a little worried and a bit anxious about it getting done but overall I realize there is still a lot of time and many factors that go into this. That the Bills have a different financial situation than the big market clubs and they have to be careful and more prudent about the contracts they hand out.

syracuse76
08-28-2008, 04:50 AM
evans will be signed by the end of summer (sept 22nd this i billieve). trying to get all those bonuses straight, dot the i's and cross the t's. it will be a done deal.

Dujek
08-28-2008, 05:23 AM
I would just like to point out that with the exception of Bruce Smith, every time I have bought or been given a player's jersey they have left at the end of the following season.

And I bought an Evans throwback in January.

Just throwing it out there.