PDA

View Full Version : OMG WGR sucks

patmoran2006
08-27-2008, 02:32 PM
11 days before the season opener, 1 day before the last preseason game, 3 days before final cuts.. And Schoop and the Bulldog are talking more about the SABRES than the Bills.. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Unbelievable.<o:p></o:p>
The topic today is which team is better “The bills or the Sabres” and I’ve heard the name Ryan Miller more times than Trent Edwards.<o:p></o:p>
Absolutely brutal radio. But hey, in a related note, I got to hear all about Jeremy White’s exercise regime this morning!! Gotta be kidding me man.<o:p></o:p>

hydro
08-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Their excuse is that they still get listeners so why should they change. I say if they actually had some competition in the sports radio market people would stop listening...

patmoran2006
08-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Yep, WNSA going down was the worst thing for Buffalo sports fans.

Oaf
08-27-2008, 02:37 PM
When do the sabres start playing? Do they ever play on national cable?

hydro
08-27-2008, 02:40 PM
They play on Versus once in a while. The season starts mid October.

MikeInRoch
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Schoop was actually good when he was in Rochester. Sounds like he has changed a lot, tho.

bigbub2352
08-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I have stated it many times WGR55 is horrible, Dead Fish hamilton (he looks like a swollen dead fish) and the two cocky *******s Schop and the Bulldog are the worst most biased and unknowledgable sports casters i have ever heard especially when it comes to Football, and they also are horrible to people who call in

**** Schop and the Bull dog i hate them

Mr. Pink
08-27-2008, 02:48 PM
It's simple, GR has to pander to the Sabres to keep broadcasting them and getting paid.

The Bills aren't a priority because they aren't affiliated in any way really.

It's also why they can be more "honest" about the Bills than the Sabres when they do discuss them.

RockStar36
08-27-2008, 03:00 PM
OMG WGR SUX LOL WTF

hammerbillsfan
08-27-2008, 03:10 PM
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3762/1337cereal070kh7.jpg

theanswer74
08-27-2008, 03:14 PM
WGR is the home of the Sabres.

I just wish they would get some football people on this station. Get a football guy for 7pm show.

Typ0
08-27-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't mind the people or opinions on the station and I listen a lot...but I am really getting sick of the non-sports talk. This week on monday, the day after an actual football game, they spent over 2/3 of their time talking about non-sports stuff. That's really rediculous since it's a sports talk station.

mchurchfie
08-27-2008, 03:17 PM
I can't even stand to listen to any of them anymore. Jeremy White is so gay and anal it makes me:puke: The only one I care to listen to on there is Dennis Williams. The rest of them talk mindless drivel just to hear themselves talk and to kill time. They definitely could use a another sports radio station around here, they have become waaay too complacent and boring.

SabreEleven
08-27-2008, 03:17 PM

Actually the Sabres will play 8 times on VS. this year, if you consider that a national cable company.

mchurchfie
08-27-2008, 03:20 PM
I don't mind the people or opinions on the station and I listen a lot...but I am really getting sick of the non-sports talk. This week on monday, the day after an actual football game, they spent over 2/3 of their time talking about non-sports stuff. That's really rediculous since it's a sports talk station.
Howard and Jeremy have become the worst. They actually think that they are comedians with their accounts of their everyday boring stuffy lives.:puke: i used to like Simon, he actually was somewhat funny at one time. Now he is letting White run the ship and drag him down.:hang:

don137
08-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Howard Simon was good but I am not sure if it is pairing with Jeremy White or what but that morning show is awful. Howard's show was entertaining with WNSA but they barely talk anything relevant to what people want to hear which is sports in WNY.
Schoop and Bulldog come across as know it alls where no one elses opinion matters.

Novacane
08-27-2008, 03:23 PM
I rarely listen anymore because of the reasons already listed but I tuned in today hoping to hear some Bills talk. I could only handle 5 minutes of those 2.

patmoran2006
08-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Now they're talking Yankees

mchurchfie
08-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Anything to kill time.

mchurchfie
08-27-2008, 03:38 PM
I think they go on these messageboards to get the pulse of the masses and get info, so if you are reading this White, Simon, Schoop, and Bulldog this is from me!:moon: You guys blow!!:puke:

OpIv37
08-27-2008, 03:42 PM

The Sabres forum has your answer:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=158176

If we're lucky they'll be on HD Net a few times too.

RockStar36
08-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I love the phony obit movie game...

X-Era
08-27-2008, 04:35 PM
11 days before the season opener, 1 day before the last preseason game, 3 days before final cuts.. And Schoop and the Bulldog are talking more about the SABRES than the Bills.. <o:p></o:p>
The topic today is which team is better “The bills or the Sabres” and I’ve heard the name Ryan Miller more times than Trent Edwards.<o:p></o:p>
Absolutely brutal radio. But hey, in a related note, I got to hear all about Jeremy White’s exercise regime this morning!! Gotta be kidding me man.<o:p></o:p>

This is another thread that we see every year around this time (by at least one person on the board). I agree wholeheartedly and I simply wont even listen to them anymore.

DMBcrew36
08-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Go Sabres

Ebenezer
08-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Anything to kill time.
Bingo. Not that I am disagreeing with anything anybody said here but let's face it...what are they supposed to talk about regarding the Bills. Peters hold out? The RT situation? The TE injuries? The ?? at LB? Most of us are beating those subjects to death here. In radio repeating the issue 1000x is death.

raphael120
08-27-2008, 05:10 PM
I think Greg bauch is hilarious, he sometimes makes the show

hydro
08-27-2008, 06:33 PM
I think Greg bauch is hilarious, he sometimes makes the show

I agree. His clips imitating a football annoucer are hilarious at times.

djjimkelly
08-27-2008, 07:44 PM
11 days before the season opener, 1 day before the last preseason game, 3 days before final cuts.. And Schoop and the Bulldog are talking more about the SABRES than the Bills.. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

go figure trent edwards isnt making people drool im not trying to be smart but ryan miller is a stanley cup final type goalie and edwards is lucky to be in nfl.

DMBcrew36
08-27-2008, 08:53 PM
go figure trent edwards isnt making people drool...edwards is lucky to be in nfl.

That's an opinion...:stupid:

Novacane
08-27-2008, 09:54 PM
That's an opinion...:stupid:

A :limp: one

Homegrown
08-27-2008, 10:03 PM
I gave up on 'GR a long time back.

Its all Sabres All the time.

I liked Schoop during his Rocha-cha days. But I think pairing him with Parker (re:Bulldog) brings out the worst in both of them. Schoop becomes more pretenious & Parker becomes more of a goof ball.

And Simon was great at WNSA; but I swear he's a different person now. I know its his voice, but its like someone removed his brain when he joined 'GR.

Some of the 'GR guys (ie: Cory Griswell - spelling), clearly do not prepare for there shows. Its like he just got off the bus and stumbled into a radio studio.

Just my 2 cents.

SABuffalo786
08-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Brad Riter's back on air -1230 WECK. TONS of football talk, Bills and UB.

Nighthawk
08-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Their excuse is that they still get listeners so why should they change. I say if they actually had some competition in the sports radio market people would stop listening...

Exactly! Schoop is such a tool and so stupid! If their was another sports radio station in Buffalo, then they would have a tough time getting listeners.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-28-2008, 12:57 AM
There's change coming soon my friends,

as soon as Sirius and XM get their new company going SiriusXM Radio Inc. Satelite radio is the future the AM & FM channels will become obsolete that includes WGR55.

Bravo82
08-28-2008, 03:42 AM
Brad Riter's back on air -1230 WECK. TONS of football talk, Bills and UB.

thanks. ill have to check out 1230 in the morning :D:

SABuffalo786
08-28-2008, 06:21 AM
thanks. ill have to check out 1230 in the morning :D:

He does the 6-9 PM slot.

SABuffalo786
08-28-2008, 06:24 AM
There's change coming soon my friends,

as soon as Sirius and XM get their new company going SiriusXM Radio Inc. Satelite radio is the future the AM & FM channels will become obsolete that includes WGR55.

No thanks, I'd rather have indepenedent local programming instead of a huge national coglomorate.