PDA

View Full Version : Edwards held out of team work

justasportsfan
08-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Trent Edwards was back on the practice field with his teammates Wednesday, but was limited to individual position drills and held out of team work.

“I think it was just coach’s decision, just to kind of limit me on some of the stuff we were doing, to try to make sure we’re not putting too much into it and making sure I’m still going towards that 100 percent,” said Edwards.

“He is okay,” said head coach Dick Jauron. “It’s probably still a little bit sore from it, but he’s moving well and he’s throwing well. He’s had a couple of really good days of practice.”

Still the odds of Edwards seeing the field on Thursday night in the preseason finale against Detroit seem slim.

“I haven’t been told anything as of right now and I’m kind of going to see how it goes tomorrow,” said Edwards. “We have meetings tonight and I’m sure I’ll know more about it by that point. And again, I’m trying to get better and I’m trying to get healthy. I’m very, very concerned with our game a week from Sunday, and that’s kind of where I’m at right now.”
http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6468

djjimkelly
08-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Trent Edwards was back on the practice field with his teammates Wednesday, but was limited to individual position drills and held out of team work.

“I think it was just coach’s decision, just to kind of limit me on some of the stuff we were doing, to try to make sure we’re not putting too much into it and making sure I’m still going towards that 100 percent,” said Edwards.

“He is okay,” said head coach Dick Jauron. “It’s probably still a little bit sore from it, but he’s moving well and he’s throwing well. He’s had a couple of really good days of practice.”

Still the odds of Edwards seeing the field on Thursday night in the preseason finale against Detroit seem slim.

“I haven’t been told anything as of right now and I’m kind of going to see how it goes tomorrow,” said Edwards. “We have meetings tonight and I’m sure I’ll know more about it by that point. And again, I’m trying to get better and I’m trying to get healthy. I’m very, very concerned with our game a week from Sunday, and that’s kind of where I’m at right now.”
http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6468

good more work for JP with the first team it will be good they had this practice time together come week 3-5

Mitchy moo
08-27-2008, 07:56 PM
good more work for JP with the first team it will be good they had this practice time together come week 3-5

Jason Peters isn't even here.

OpIv37
08-27-2008, 08:17 PM
does anyone else wish Trent had more work in the Redskins game yet?

gil
08-27-2008, 08:20 PM
if he was in there for the game and got hurt, people would be calling for Jauron's head - this seems a prudent move - if he can practice with the team, while obviously not ideal, that will have to be good enough.

OpIv37
08-27-2008, 08:24 PM
It goes like this:

Jauron cuts OTA's short.
Jauron holds "Club Jauron" training camp with only two 2-a-days, both in the first weekend.
Jauron restricts Edwards' play in the first preseason game.
Jauron plays Edwards in the 2nd preseason game and he does well.
Edwards is injured for the 3rd preseason game.
Edwards is probably injured for the 4th preseason game, or at least too close to being injured to play.
Edwards is not participating in the team portion of practice.

So, how the **** is Edwards supposed to get better via experience when he's never practicing? Jauron can't be blamed for factors beyond his control like injuries, but he squandered the practice time he had with Edwards when he wasn't injured. Now the season starts in 10 days and there is no more time to practice.

Great.

thecoordinator
08-27-2008, 09:17 PM

not sure what week it will be, but its pretty much gauranteed....

2003: ...remained the team's starter for four games before a shoulder injury limited his play the remainder of the season ...

2004: ...missed the final two games due to injury and being knocked out of two others

2005: ...missed parts of three games due to injury

2006: ...missed the final five games due to a broken foot

2007: sprained wrist missed time

2008: injured in camp lol

Tatonka
08-27-2008, 09:25 PM
can i get you a beer.. maybe a wheineken.

Romes
08-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Edwards is not going to get the experience we want him to have in any pre-season game or any practice.