PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Merriman has even less sense than Jason Peters.

BidsJr
08-27-2008, 10:31 PM
At least Peters if he misses a year he is still going to get his coin. Merriman has 2 years left on the contract with 2 torn knee ligaments. What does he think he is going to do? Does he honestly think that he can get the big new contract as damaged goods?

Not a chance. Dumbest move I have ever seen in any sport.

Tatonka
08-27-2008, 10:45 PM
what are you talking about? is he holding out or something?

BidsJr
08-27-2008, 10:50 PM
what are you talking about? is he holding out or something?

No he has two torn Knee ligaments and is refusing the advise of Doctors to have surgery to repair them. Schefter reported on NFLTA that he is worried about a 1.5 million bonus if he gets 12.5 sacks. That is just crazy because if he blows it out, the doctors have said his career may very well be over. So no 1,5 mill, no extension. If he doesn't blow it out, can he really expect to get the big money with a shredded knee? Doubt it.

trapezeus
08-27-2008, 11:20 PM
first round players usually have insurance on their contracts. i think he'll be fine. shows heart to play. whether he'll be a force is another question.

LtFinFan66
08-27-2008, 11:24 PM
first round players usually have insurance on their contracts. i think he'll be fine. shows heart to play. whether he'll be a force is another question.And whether he will ever play again is yet another matter

trapezeus
08-27-2008, 11:29 PM
i'm not doubting the ridiculousness of playing on his injury. if he has an agent worth anything, he was insured before the combine and will get a large payout if he can't play again. does it match up to a player's contract? no, but it won't be like if he is SOL.

it makes that chargers game in oct a little easier to stomach.

The Spaz
08-28-2008, 12:42 AM
I just don't see how he will be effective with 2 torn knee ligaments. If I am the Chargers do I really want him on the field and rely on him to make a play?

SpillerThrills
08-28-2008, 12:52 AM
I know that Merriman's muscles are alot bigger than mine, but I have a torn ACL and can't even play in my slowpitch softball league.... I can't plant, turn or push off with my bad leg.... I couldn't imaging playing football still with a torn ligament in my knee.

njsue
08-28-2008, 04:18 AM
Shawn Merriman made an extremely stupid risky move. He could potentially damage the injury further.

HHURRICANE
08-28-2008, 08:20 AM
At least Peters if he misses a year he is still going to get his coin. Merriman has 2 years left on the contract with 2 torn knee ligaments. What does he think he is going to do? Does he honestly think that he can get the big new contract as damaged goods?

Not a chance. Dumbest move I have ever seen in any sport.

San Diego just proved to me why players like Peters need to get as much as they can.

The Chargers did the original scope on Merriman's knee and didn't report any ligament damage. Of course when he still had discomfort, and got another opinion, that's when the ligament damage was discovered.

Carl Banks was ripping the Charger organization this morning about it and said Merriman is a young naive player.

mybills
08-28-2008, 08:22 AM
NFL Zone