X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Hardy

I like that Hardy got some playing time in the first half. Only 2 catches for 30 yards, but good to see him on the field. He had another catch for about 18 yards called back by a penalty. I think they've just been ultra-conservative with his hamstring. Hopefully, he's fully healthy and ready to go against Seattle. I don't expect huge numbers from him this year, but we need him to contribute in the red zone. On a side note, Steve Johnson has looked good tonight. I don't think he's going to make the 53 man roster, but will be on the practice squad.
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: Hardy

Originally posted by mayotm
    I like that Hardy got some playing time in the first half. Only 2 catches for 30 yards, but good to see him on the field. He had another catch for about 18 yards called back by a penalty. I think they've just been ultra-conservative with his hamstring. Hopefully, he's fully healthy and ready to go against Seattle. I don't expect huge numbers from him this year, but we need him to contribute in the red zone. On a side note, Steve Johnson has looked good tonight. I don't think he's going to make the 53 man roster, but will be on the practice squad.

Only? A reciever averages just about 3-4 catches a game. Having Hamdan throwing to him, he was still able to get 2 catches and 30 yards. Pretty good job for only 1 1/2 quarters.

Comment

• mayotm
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MLynch23
      Only? A reciever averages just about 3-4 catches a game. Having Hamdan throwing to him, he was still able to get 2 catches and 30 yards. Pretty good job for only 1 1/2 quarters.
      Is that really what you took from my post? That I used the word only. Pay closer attention to the content.

Comment

• syracuse76
        Knowing is half the battle......
        • Aug 2008

not a bad night for my hardy. teams are gonna have to recognize with this fella. he fits the shoe i know that much, im looking forward to seeing this guy play this season.
        2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
        POZ will lead us to the promise land
        "That which does not kill me,
        will only make me stronger"
        Nietzsche

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by syracuse76
          not a bad night for my hardy. teams are gonna have to recognize with this fella. he fits the shoe i know that much, im looking forward to seeing this guy play this season.
          No doubt about it, more than anything I think he gives us a threat over the middle if he can take a hit and hold on to the ball. Evans has us covered deep but we've lacked someone on he intermediate routes. I imagine we'll see a lot of curl routes and slants.

Comment

• njsue
            Jersey Girl!!!!!!
            • Sep 2003

Can't wait to see Hardy smoke opposing defenses.

This kid is a draft steal.

Comment

• mikemac2001
              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
              • Mar 2003

HARDY mAdE MY APRIL!!!!!

Bottom line only guy i wanted in the draft........i see big things from him

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• syracuse76
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                No doubt about it, more than anything I think he gives us a threat over the middle if he can take a hit and hold on to the ball. Evans has us covered deep but we've lacked someone on he intermediate routes. I imagine we'll see a lot of curl routes and slants.
                that definitly remains to be seen. i gotta feeling this guy will be working his way into the starting rotaion by mid season
                Nietzsche

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

that definitly remains to be seen. i gotta feeling this guy will be working his way into the starting rotaion by mid season
                  Especially being as tall as he is, a good safety will put his helmet right into his ribs if the QB throws too high.

Comment

• syracuse76
                    • Aug 2008

Especially being as tall as he is, a good safety will put his helmet right into his ribs if the QB throws too high.
                    i can see that. hopefully he can take a shot. have to sit back and watch on that one. so lets all sit back, crack open a couple brew has, and enjoy. ITS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Nietzsche

Comment

• Homegrown
                      Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                      • Jul 2008

I'd look for that - starting by midseason; possibly by the bye week

Comment

• syracuse76
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Homegrown
                        I'd look for that - starting by midseason; possibly by the bye week
                        i think the coaches will see the pressure it takes off of evans and have to due it if they want to win games. they would be stupid not to. i mean the guy is 10 ft tall he is going to over shadow just about every corner in the league, the guy has cockdieselups, they have to double him, and i bet he still comes up with alot of grabs.
                        Nietzsche

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

i can see that. hopefully he can take a shot. have to sit back and watch on that one. so lets all sit back, crack open a couple brew has, and enjoy. ITS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I'm going to be as optimistic as possible but the patience has almost worn out over the past decade.

Comment

• syracuse76
                            • Aug 2008

I'm going to be as optimistic as possible but the patience has almost worn out over the past decade.
                            dude....you aint lying. no matter what happens though, your still gonna be there in front of the tv season after season. its who we are , its what we do.
                            WE ARE DUE......BOTTOM LINE
                            Nietzsche

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

dude....you aint lying. no matter what happens though, your still gonna be there in front of the tv season after season. its who we are , its what we do.
                              WE ARE DUE......BOTTOM LINE
                              Sadly I'll be at a few games a year too, but it's well worth it.

The talent is there, we have the team on paper, now we just have to put it on the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X