PDA

View Full Version : Hardy

mayotm
08-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I like that Hardy got some playing time in the first half. Only 2 catches for 30 yards, but good to see him on the field. He had another catch for about 18 yards called back by a penalty. I think they've just been ultra-conservative with his hamstring. Hopefully, he's fully healthy and ready to go against Seattle. I don't expect huge numbers from him this year, but we need him to contribute in the red zone. On a side note, Steve Johnson has looked good tonight. I don't think he's going to make the 53 man roster, but will be on the practice squad.

Mitchell55
08-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I like that Hardy got some playing time in the first half. Only 2 catches for 30 yards, but good to see him on the field. He had another catch for about 18 yards called back by a penalty. I think they've just been ultra-conservative with his hamstring. Hopefully, he's fully healthy and ready to go against Seattle. I don't expect huge numbers from him this year, but we need him to contribute in the red zone. On a side note, Steve Johnson has looked good tonight. I don't think he's going to make the 53 man roster, but will be on the practice squad.

Only? A reciever averages just about 3-4 catches a game. Having Hamdan throwing to him, he was still able to get 2 catches and 30 yards. Pretty good job for only 1 1/2 quarters.

mayotm
08-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Only? A reciever averages just about 3-4 catches a game. Having Hamdan throwing to him, he was still able to get 2 catches and 30 yards. Pretty good job for only 1 1/2 quarters.Is that really what you took from my post? That I used the word only. Pay closer attention to the content.

syracuse76
08-28-2008, 07:38 PM
not a bad night for my hardy. teams are gonna have to recognize with this fella. he fits the shoe i know that much, im looking forward to seeing this guy play this season.

gr8slayer
08-28-2008, 07:43 PM
not a bad night for my hardy. teams are gonna have to recognize with this fella. he fits the shoe i know that much, im looking forward to seeing this guy play this season.
No doubt about it, more than anything I think he gives us a threat over the middle if he can take a hit and hold on to the ball. Evans has us covered deep but we've lacked someone on he intermediate routes. I imagine we'll see a lot of curl routes and slants.

njsue
08-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Can't wait to see Hardy smoke opposing defenses. :snicker:

This kid is a draft steal.

mikemac2001
08-28-2008, 08:07 PM
HARDY mAdE MY APRIL!!!!!

Bottom line only guy i wanted in the draft........i see big things from him

syracuse76
08-28-2008, 08:20 PM
No doubt about it, more than anything I think he gives us a threat over the middle if he can take a hit and hold on to the ball. Evans has us covered deep but we've lacked someone on he intermediate routes. I imagine we'll see a lot of curl routes and slants.

that definitly remains to be seen. i gotta feeling this guy will be working his way into the starting rotaion by mid season

gr8slayer
08-28-2008, 08:24 PM
that definitly remains to be seen. i gotta feeling this guy will be working his way into the starting rotaion by mid season
Especially being as tall as he is, a good safety will put his helmet right into his ribs if the QB throws too high.

syracuse76
08-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Especially being as tall as he is, a good safety will put his helmet right into his ribs if the QB throws too high.

i can see that. hopefully he can take a shot. have to sit back and watch on that one. so lets all sit back, crack open a couple brew has, and enjoy. ITS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homegrown
08-28-2008, 08:40 PM

I'd look for that - starting by midseason; possibly by the bye week

syracuse76
08-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I'd look for that - starting by midseason; possibly by the bye week

i think the coaches will see the pressure it takes off of evans and have to due it if they want to win games. they would be stupid not to. i mean the guy is 10 ft tall he is going to over shadow just about every corner in the league, the guy has cockdieselups, they have to double him, and i bet he still comes up with alot of grabs.

gr8slayer
08-28-2008, 08:44 PM
i can see that. hopefully he can take a shot. have to sit back and watch on that one. so lets all sit back, crack open a couple brew has, and enjoy. ITS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to be as optimistic as possible but the patience has almost worn out over the past decade.

syracuse76
08-28-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm going to be as optimistic as possible but the patience has almost worn out over the past decade.

dude....you aint lying. no matter what happens though, your still gonna be there in front of the tv season after season. its who we are , its what we do.
WE ARE DUE......BOTTOM LINE

gr8slayer
08-28-2008, 08:54 PM
dude....you aint lying. no matter what happens though, your still gonna be there in front of the tv season after season. its who we are , its what we do.
WE ARE DUE......BOTTOM LINE
Sadly I'll be at a few games a year too, but it's well worth it.

The talent is there, we have the team on paper, now we just have to put it on the field.

Homegrown
08-28-2008, 08:56 PM
i think the coaches will see the pressure it takes off of evans and have to due it if they want to win games. they would be stupid not to. i mean the guy is 10 ft tall he is going to over shadow just about every corner in the league, the guy has cockdieselups, they have to double him, and i bet he still comes up with alot of grabs.

lets hope the coaching staff see it that way.

I like what Stevie Johnson did 2-night .... I think it was 8 catches; 50+ yards.

Hardy - bring it on!!!!!!

syracuse76
08-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Sadly I'll be at a few games a year too, but it's well worth it.

The talent is there, we have the team on paper, now we just have to put it on the field.

ditto on the games.....got to the atmosphere is AWESOME.
we slowly put the talent in place. its there now with exception of a few players just a few to make it to the show. i dont know what position, ill check back with that maybe week 5.

syracuse76
08-28-2008, 09:00 PM
lets hope the coaching staff see it that way.

I like what Stevie Johnson did 2-night .... I think it was 8 catches; 50+ yards.

Hardy - bring it on!!!!!!

ya i hope so to. sometimes i think i can do a better job when i am at home on the couch drinking brew ha's watching the game. but they get paid the big bucks for some odd reason.
johnson is going to bloom into one hell of a receiver i think. i am pretty confident is sayin we will see alot more of this kid nearing the end of regular season. but he will def. move up the depth chart next season.,

Homegrown
08-28-2008, 09:11 PM
ya i hope so to. sometimes i think i can do a better job when i am at home on the couch drinking brew ha's watching the game. but they get paid the big bucks for some odd reason.
johnson is going to bloom into one hell of a receiver i think. i am pretty confident is sayin we will see alot more of this kid nearing the end of regular season. but he will def. move up the depth chart next season.,

LOL...aint it the truth brother.

I having a Sam Adams, thinking the coaches see this stuff too right!!!

Hardy looked good
Johnson looked good
Youboty looked good (OSUBuckeyefan must have loved it)
but, please, don't tell me the coaches have a hardon for John Corto (spelling?)

patmoran2006
08-29-2008, 07:24 AM
I don't care if he didnt catch any passes.. He ran well, especially over the middle. He even had a couple of blocks, which is more than I can for most the offense.

I think you're wrong about Johnson though. I think he makes the final 53, because there isn't anyway someone isn't picking him up if he doesn't.