PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Bills expect Peters to show up Monday

Romes
08-28-2008, 09:02 PM
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=784179&nid=3661937&fhn=1

A source in the Bills front office tells Scout.com that they're holding firm with LT Jason Peters. The team likes Peters a lot, the source tells us, and has developed the player, but isn't sympathetic enough to buy one of those "take a number" gadgets for all the players who would line up if they renegotiated his deal. Peters still has three years left on his contract and management feels that it would set an unacceptable precedent to tear up his deal and re-write it.

Our team source expects Peters to show up Monday, practice for a week, and then sit as Dick Jauron refuses to start him. The team moved right tackle Langston Walker to left tackle late in July to fill in for Peters, and Walker has grown in the role, despite spooking Bills fans when he was hurt on Sunday.

The Spaz
08-28-2008, 09:04 PM
I hope he shows up.

gr8slayer
08-28-2008, 09:04 PM
grrrrrr......... I'll hold my excitement until it actually happens but thanks for posting it, good find either way.

gr8slayer
08-28-2008, 09:05 PM
I hope he shows up.
I'll feel 100% more confident about our team if he's on it. Walker at LT is giving me nightmares.

Nighthawk
08-28-2008, 09:05 PM
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=784179&nid=3661937&fhn=1

Umm, so if this is true, then it fully confirms that Jauron is an idiot. If Peters does show up, then you insert him immediately as the starter at LT!

raphael120
08-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Jauron refusing to start him would make sense considering Peters would have no idea whats going on in the new offense. But if Peters was going to show up and not start skipping games, Sunday, actually would be the logical day as thats the next practice the Bills hold.

TigerJ
I'll believe it when I see it.

The Spaz
Umm, so if this is true, then it fully confirms that Jauron is an idiot. If Peters does show up, then you insert him immediately as the starter at LT!

No not really when he hasn't been in camp the whole time and who knows what is physical conditioning is. Also the Bills are running a different offense and he won't know all of the calls.

syracuse76
08-28-2008, 09:07 PM
hmmmm.......hopefully. but ill wait this one out.

gr8slayer
08-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Christ, and you're the optimistic person 90% of the time.

camelcowboy
08-28-2008, 09:11 PM
So Peter's skips the summer workouts just to show up on labor day. Not going to happen.

gr8slayer
08-28-2008, 09:13 PM
So Peter's skips the summer workouts just to show up on labor day. Not going to happen.
If he shows up I'll forget the fact that he held out; we NEED Peters.

Homegrown
mmm....shows up at 400 lbs most likely.....

Nighthawk
No not really when he hasn't been in camp the whole time and who knows what is physical conditioning is. Also the Bills are running a different offense and he won't know all of the calls.

Umm, how many times did Orlando Pace or Walter Jones sit out the entire training camp and then start the opener? Keeping your best LT off the field is stupid.

RoscoeMagic
08-28-2008, 09:15 PM
I knew the fat man would cave!

Good move by Dick not starting him right away. Hopefully he'll be at LT by week 2 or 3 though.

cocamide
08-28-2008, 09:15 PM

Damn, you beat me to it. I wanted to say...

This guy hasn't labored in 7 months, and he's gonna start on Labor Day?!

FlyingDutchman
08-28-2008, 09:16 PM
mmm....shows up at 400 lbs most likely.....

Just what I was thinking. How good of shape can we expect him to be in? Even if hes been hitting the weight room and running, it will take him a few weeks to get his footwork back. Even if he did come back Monday, I wouldnt expect him to be back to form til at least week 4.

Romes
08-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Personally, I don't believe it but anyway this rumor is out there.

The Spaz
08-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Umm, how many times did Orlando Pace or Walter Jones sit out the entire training camp and then start the opener? Keeping your best LT off the field is stupid.

Did they get a new offensive coordinator? Hopefully Peters is at least in shape because he will be back in there sooner.

Romes
08-28-2008, 09:20 PM

:rofl: good point.

Mad Bomber
08-28-2008, 09:31 PM

My fear is that he is overweight, out of shape, and doesn't know the playbook. It will take him about 4 weeks to get with the program.

gr8slayer
08-28-2008, 09:33 PM

My fear is that he is overweight, out of shape, and doesn't know the playbook. It will take him about 4 weeks to get with the program.
And we are playing four of the best DE's in the league the first four weeks. Hopefully none of what you mentioned is the case and we can just move on.

syracuse76
08-28-2008, 09:33 PM

i am hopinh he wont be overweight. i think the guy will be ready to go, that what he gets paid for its his job. he will be starting by week 2 IF AND THIS IS A BIG IF this rumor is true.

Night Train
08-28-2008, 09:51 PM
I'll gamble on his present condition and welcome him back.

The rookie Bell got schooled bad tonight. We're painfully thin at OT.

BuffaloRanger
08-28-2008, 10:34 PM
The Bills haven't been right on one thing regarding Peters the entire year. What are the odds they are right about Peters coming back?

The fact that an organization that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 seasons is willing to play the season without their Pro-Bowl LT speaks volumes about their commitment to winning. But it's not making the playoffs that's important, it's being fiscally responsible. That's why I'm such a Bills fan. They are awesome at being fiscally responsible. Go Bills!!

Oaf
08-28-2008, 10:38 PM
I have no problem with Walker at LT. My REAL concern is at RT.. If the Bills are comfortable at RT they should suspend Peters for a few paychecks.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2008, 10:51 PM
What position is he going to practice at if Walker is at LT?? Left out?? It seems really stupid to have him practice at LT and then sit him. That would be punishing the team more than Peters. Get his butt on the line and run plays the other way where he just has to stop anyone from getting to Trent. We can add fancy runs towards his size as he gets back in the swing of things. Pro-bowl LT's can walk out on the field and be better than a majority of the defenses they are going to face, even with minimal practice. After 4 weeks, the left side is closed for defensive business.

Get out on the field Peters, the team needs your mighty taco chomping girth.

Tatonka
08-28-2008, 11:51 PM

i would too.. and then you hold his awfufl performance against him when he asks for a raise.

:poop:

patmoran2006
08-29-2008, 12:16 AM
I can confirm that I heard this tonight, and as some of you know I also actually write for scout.com. That report though is CERTAINLY NOT FROM ME, so I want no credit if its true and no blame if it isn't.. I do know who wrote it, and he is the regular NFL staffer for Scout.com and is very credible.

I heard he will be back on Monday.. but I didnt hear anything abot him not playing week #1, although that does sound very much like Jauron.

Ebenezer
08-29-2008, 01:52 AM
And I'll be the one to jinx it...how many times have we seen somebody hold out, come in at the last minute out of shape and not familiar and then...get injured.

clumping platelets
08-29-2008, 02:42 AM
The Bills haven't been right on one thing regarding Peters the entire year.

You are so wrong :drama:

don137
08-29-2008, 06:10 AM
I am under the notion that I will believe it when I see it.

If, and that is a big if, he shows up I just do not see how Peters will be ready from a game conditioning shape and know the playbook. Common sense tells us he will not be in game shape or know the new playbook to be effective in week one. He did not for any mini-camps either. We also remember Peters is not the most intelligent player so it may take him a while to learn the playbook.
I could see him out at least the opener and maybe part of Jacksonville but the coaching staff will be smart enough to determine when he is ready.

njsue
08-29-2008, 06:49 AM
I'll feel 100% more confident about our team if he's on it. Walker at LT is giving me nightmares.

:up: Peter's just solidifies the Oline.

Jauron better play him if he does show up.

patmoran2006
08-29-2008, 06:51 AM
I am under the notion that I will believe it when I see it.

If, and that is a big if, he shows up I just do not see how Peters will be ready from a game conditioning shape and know the playbook. Common sense tells us he will not be in game shape or know the new playbook to be effective in week one. He did not for any mini-camps either. We also remember Peters is not the most intelligent player so it may take him a while to learn the playbook.
I could see him out at least the opener and maybe part of Jacksonville but the coaching staff will be smart enough to determine when he is ready.
Despite knowing that the report from Scout.com is from a legit reporter, I feel the same way. I don't see why the organization wouldn't make any announcement regarding it.

And this Peters situation overall is really, really weird.

njsue
08-29-2008, 06:52 AM
I'll gamble on his present condition and welcome him back.

The rookie Bell got schooled bad tonight. We're painfully thin at OT.

:nervous:

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-29-2008, 09:51 AM

who cares..Ill gladly take a JP who doesnt know some of the offense calls then langston at LT an chambers in at right..

justasportsfan
08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
If Walker grew into the position and has better chemistry with Dockery under the new Turk offense , then Walker would be the best tackle.

If Peters is also out of shape, then Walker would be the best LT.

SquishDaFish
08-29-2008, 10:10 AM
As much as I love Peters at LT if he did report I would support Dick in suspending him for 1 week. Send a message to the players that this is not how you win games! Suspend his ASS (but only for a week hehe)

Ed
08-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Maybe if we keep Walker at LT and put Peters back at RT, his $4 million won't feel like such a slap in the face.

Ebenezer
08-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Despite knowing that the report from Scout.com is from a legit reporter, I feel the same way. I don't see why the organization wouldn't make any announcement regarding it.

And this Peters situation overall is really, really weird.
I think some of us have been saying that from the very beginning...now you see why we were so hesitant to not just hand over the bank. Seriously? I wonder if the guy has been doing some "stuff" in the offseason and knows he'll get caught. This just doesn't add up any more. Even his agent has to realize that this is only going to kill him. I haven't heard one line of support out there for him.

gr8slayer
08-29-2008, 10:24 AM
:up: Peter's just solidifies the Oline.

Jauron better play him if he does show up.
He basically makes it or breaks it; the people who are excited about Walker at LT clearly never saw him play in Oakland at LT.

SquishDaFish
08-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Well in a BILLS uniform where it only matters hes looked damn good at LT.

justasportsfan
08-29-2008, 10:29 AM
He basically makes it or breaks it; the people who are excited about Walker at LT clearly never saw him play in Oakland at LT.
some people here actually laughed at what he did with the raiders as a RT even though the bills saw the game tapes differently. The bills turned out right about their decision so who's to say they aren't right about their decision to move him to LT?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Peters will be back, and although he may not start, he'll play a significant portion of the opener.

If you use logic instead of letting your thoughts get clouded by your passion for this team, I think you'll agree.

Bottom line....he's got too much to lose not to show up.

gr8slayer
08-29-2008, 10:31 AM
some people here actually laughed at what he did with the raiders as a RT even though the bills saw the game tapes differently. The bills turned out right about their decision so who's to say they aren't right about their decision to move him to LT?
You have to be just as good of an athlete as the Freeney's and Allen's that you'll be lining up against, Walker is not that guy. He does a find job on the right where Edwards can see the rush coming but if he's our LT week one Kerney will be licking his chops.

justasportsfan
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
You have to be just as good of an athlete as the Freeney's and Allen's that you'll be lining up against, Walker is not that guy. He does a find job on the right where Edwards can see the rush coming but if he's our LT week one Kerney will be licking his chops.

RDE or LDE whatever, They laughed at him while he was with the raiders and he did well last year AS A BILL . While I'm not saying he's all that at LT ( obviously that remains to be seen) doesn't mean just because he didn't do well with the raiders means he'll fail as a bill.

M
08-29-2008, 10:35 AM
All this talk about Peters. If/when he shows up, there'd better not be 1 sack coming from the left side!!!

Ebenezer
08-29-2008, 10:38 AM
All this talk about Peters. If/when he shows up, there'd better not be 1 sack coming from the left side!!!
Can you imagine the boos when that happens?

mybills
08-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Somehow it doesn't make sense for him to hold out this long for more money, and NOT be in shape. My guess is that he's kept himself physically fit.

As for Jauron sitting him..other's have already said it for me..he won't know Turk's system.

Jan Reimers
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Peters better bring his piggy bank to pay the $500,000 or so in fines that he has rung up.

Typ0
08-29-2008, 11:26 AM
I think it's sad that he would only be held out from starting. They should say thanks but no thanks because he's refused to work and been a distraction. Suspend his ass and tell him when they get suitable compensation in a trade they will CONSIDER trading him then...otherwise he can sit and rot.

patmoran2006
08-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Peters better bring his piggy bank to pay the $500,000 or so in fines that he has rung up.
The Bills will end up wiping them clean.

Jan Reimers
08-29-2008, 11:33 AM
The Bills will end up wiping them clean.
It's too bad that the player never has to pay for the consequences of his bad acts. Most of us aren't so lucky in life.

Typ0
08-29-2008, 11:36 AM
It's too bad that the player never has to pay for the consequences of his bad acts. Most of us aren't so lucky in life.

so true. I'm most concerned about the long-term effects of what happens here not the here and now of it would be nice to have him on the team. Screw him. Fine his ass and suspend him. Even the players don't have much sympathy for him right now. The Bills have a long history of renegotiating contracts and making sure people are happy. It's sad that this JP situation has gotten to where it is but JP is an idiot.

Michael82
08-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Sorry, but that's a joke! you are the same person that bashed the Bills (along with patmoran) for signing Langston Walker, and giving him $5 million per year. Other that Peters, he's been our most consistant lineman last year and has looked very good alongside Dockery. I would actually be fine with bringing Peters back at RT until you can get Peters and Dockery back in rhythm with eachother and Walker comfortable with the right side again.

Michael82
08-29-2008, 11:40 AM
RDE or LDE whatever, They laughed at him while he was with the raiders and he did well last year AS A BILL . While I'm not saying he's all that at LT ( obviously that remains to be seen) doesn't mean just because he didn't do well with the raiders means he'll fail as a bill.
Great post! :bf1:

Bulldog
08-29-2008, 11:45 AM

Really, because Walker sure looked to do a pretty good job on Freeney in the Indy game.

Michael82
08-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Really, because Walker sure looked to do a pretty good job on Freeney in the Indy game.
:bf1:

Ickybaluky
08-29-2008, 11:49 AM

In a practice game. Not a real game.

gr8slayer
08-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Sorry, but that's a joke! you are the same person that bashed the Bills (along with patmoran) for signing Langston Walker, and giving him $5 million per year. Other that Peters, he's been our most consistant lineman last year and has looked very good alongside Dockery. I would actually be fine with bringing Peters back at RT until you can get Peters and Dockery back in rhythm with eachother and Walker comfortable with the right side again.
Please, humor me, show me the thread where I "bashed" the signing of Langston Walker.

Find it pea brain:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=121248&highlight=langston+walker

W1DER1GHT
08-29-2008, 12:10 PM
In a practice game. Not a real game.

Yeah, becuase Freeney was going at half speed, right? Give me a break,some people are just funny to me. Is Walker equal to Peters? No, clearly not, but I think he can get the job done for now.

Michael82
08-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Please, humor me, show me the thread where I "bashed" the signing of Langston Walker.

Find it pea brain:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=121248&highlight=langston+walker
okay, I got you confused with patmoran and one of the other Ralph haters. My bad. :doh:

gr8slayer
08-29-2008, 12:39 PM
okay, I got you confused with patmoran and one of the other Ralph haters. My bad. :doh:
It's ok, I get you confused with the other people who are satisfied with mediocrity all the time.

Tatonka
08-29-2008, 11:15 PM

what does walker in oakland have to do with anything? were you one of the people that **** on his signing and said he was an awful RT in oakland and cried about the sacks given up numbers.. again.. while in oakland.. failing to recognize that oakland was a black hole.. and no one played well there..

you would be much better served to acknowledge that how well or not well anyone in oakland played has nothing to do with anything.

he has played extremely well at RT.. and done well in limited duty at LT so far.