X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Bills cuts by position-WR

The Bills have 8 WRs on the roster at the moment. They'll carry 5 or 6 in the regular season. Who will be looking for a real jo next week?

Scott Mayle - he's got plenty of speed, but one decent return isn't enough to negate the drops. Buffalo does not have a shortage of returners.

Felton Huggins - had a decent preseason, but I think Steve Johnson gets the nod because he's a draft pick, he's got a big body and great hands. Huggins has speed, but Buffalo has enough of that.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bills cuts by position-WR

Agreed
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

Im really pulling for Steve Johnson to make the team

Comment

• Homegrown
        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
        • Jul 2008

Bills will carry 6 recievers

I think Evans, Reed, Parrish, Hardy...obvious

Jenkins - because he's an April fool (ie: Gunner on ST)
        Johnson - looked good tonight; real good

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Where was Jenkins tonight? He shined against Indy and is a ST ace. Johnson may be too good to PS however. Huggins looks like he good use one more year there. (possible?) He reminds me of an unpolished Parrish. With us having to keep 4 TEs, unless we cut James (please!), we'll likely have to decide between Johnson and Jenkins.

On a side note, Bryan impressed me again and may be worth keeping around as a 5th DE. Wonder if he could play at all at DT..

Comment

• Homegrown
            Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Oaf
            Where was Jenkins tonight? He shined against Indy and is a ST ace. Johnson may be too good to PS however. Huggins looks like he good use one more year there. (possible?) He reminds me of an unpolished Parrish. With us having to keep 4 TEs, unless we cut James (please!), we'll likely have to decide between Johnson and Jenkins.

On a side note, Bryan impressed me again and may be worth keeping around as a 5th DE. Wonder if he could play at all at DT..
            Agree with you on the James opinion.

I think the fact that Jenkins wasn't playing much tonight indicates his roster position is safe.

Its hard to think Johnson doesn't make the roster after tonights performance.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

if you have teared it up all camp and then in the make it or break it game you go for 8 catches for 74 yards, i think you are pretty safe. especially when besides your skills you have the height and size we are in need of most and the other 2 or 3 on the bubble dont have either.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                • Aug 2008

I actually think Johson makes the 53 for the fact that if he gets put on the PS, some other team will scoop him up. I don't think he'll be dressed to start the season but at least he'll be on the roster. Jenkins is a lock as well, we will keep 6 WRs. I think Huggins has a 50/50 chance of going back to the PS and I think it's safe to say Mayle is done.
                Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

I think we carry 6 with Johnson and Jenkins.

I think we lose Huggins because I think he's going to get claimed if we try and put him on the PS squad again.

I'll give ya one surprise.. If we only end up keeping 5 WRs, I think Johnson is going to make the team over Jenkins.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    I think we carry 6 with Johnson and Jenkins.

I think we lose Huggins because I think he's going to get claimed if we try and put him on the PS squad again.

I'll give ya one surprise.. If we only end up keeping 5 WRs, I think Johnson is going to make the team over Jenkins.
                    I doubt we'll keep only 5 and if we do, Johnson can't play STs like Jenkins can, so he'd be the odd man out.

You're probably right about Huggins, but there's nothing we can do about it...

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Oaf
                      Bryan impressed me also. But being 6'4", 240 lbs makes it unlikely that he can play DT for us...

Comment

Working...
                      X