X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Bills cuts by position-TE

This has been made tough by Derek Fine's injury. You'd normally expect Buffalo to carry 3 TEs since they will have a true fullback this season. You would expect Schouman to be one of those because he had a great offseason and a good training camp until he got hurt. You'd expect Derek Fine to be one of them because he's a draft pick and has looked very good at times. Both are hurt and may be out fo a few weeks. Can Buffalo go into the season with only one healthy TE (Robert Royal)? I don't think so. I think Courtney anderson gets a reprieve and Tim Massaquoigoes on with the rest of his life.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills cuts by position-TE

We are pretty thin at TE.

(Thank you, Captain Obvious)...

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

That's how it looks. Fine may go IR for the year. Schouman may mend a few weeks. Royal , Anderson and ? .
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• John Doe
        Florida Man
        • Jul 2002

I think that they keep the main 4: Royal, Anderson, Schouman & Fine with a practice squad player for depth.

When Schouman & Fine Return maybe cut Anderson.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by John Doe
          I think that they keep the main 4: Royal, Anderson, Schouman & Fine with a practice squad player for depth.

When Schouman & Fine Return maybe cut Anderson.
          I think theyll just put Fine on IR. Teams can sign players from other teams practice squad.

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

I think the Bills will be scouring the waiver wires at 4:01 PM on Saturday looking for another TE. I think Royal stays, Schouman stays, Fine stays but will be put onto IR, and a cut to be named later from another team sticks around as a third TE now.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• John Doe
              Florida Man
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
              I think theyll just put Fine on IR. Teams can sign players from other teams practice squad.
              It they put Tim Massaquoi on the practice squad I don't think that any team is going to grab him.

I think IR would put Fine out for the season, and the team definately wants to avoid that. I think that they can survive for a few weeks with just 2 tight ends. Schouman may be back in three weeks:

"Derek Schouman’s is coming along very well,” said Jauron. “We’re optimistic that it’s within a three week range and (head athletic trainer) Bud (Carpenter) doesn’t really know how to make it any more precise than that. Derek has been happy with the progress and we’ll just have to wait and see, but hopefully it comes back fast.”

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Jauron said he likes the way Courtney Anderson has looked.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                X