• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Chris Brown's 53 man roster

QB (3) - Edwards, Losman, Hamdan
    RB (4) - Lynch, Jackson, Barnes, Omon (this was a tough call because I still believe Wright is a talented player and can have a solid career in this league. I just worry the staff has run out of patience)
    WR (6) - Evans, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, Jenkins, S. Johnson
    TE (4) - Royal, Schouman, Fine, Massaquoi
    OL (8) - Walker, Dockery, Fowler, Butler, Chambers, Bell, Preston, Whittle (Gaddis is still practice squad eligible and Peters goes on Did Not Report list, Matt Murphy to I-R)
    DL (8) - Schobel, Kelsay, Stroud, K. Williams, Denney, McCargo, S. Johnson, Ellis
    LB (7) - Crowell, Posluszny, Mitchell, DiGiorgio, Ellison, Buggs, Costanzo (I really think this is a toss up between Costanzo and Jon Corto - I think it could go either way - Whoever doesn't make I think makes the practice squad between those two)
    CB (5) - McGee, Greer, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner (I would prefer to keep Will James as well, but I think the luxury of keeping six corners went out the window with the tight end injury situation. I think if this has to happen it would be valuable experience lost - Not saying it will happen, but I think it's a distinct possibility)
    S (5) - Whitner, Simpson, Scott, Wilson, Wendling

Practice squad - Gaddis, Huggins, Cox, R. Felton, Mace, Hall, Mayle and then Corto or Costanzo (whoever doesn't make the 53).
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Chris Brown's 53 man roster

I bet it's no more than 2 players off the actual final roster.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

can we free up a roster spot if we put Fine on IR because of his thumb?
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-29-2008, 09:23 AM.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

I'd add Bryan Copeland to the PS and bump Cox, Mace or Mayle. Unfortunately, though Mayle looked good on returns (better than McKelvin did), he had 2 chances for scores that he flopped. You just can't do that in the NFL and expect to win!

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          can we not free up a roster spot if we put Fine on IR because of his thumb?
          That's an option, and it likely depends how bad it is and how long it will take him to return. But that's a definite possibility!

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

It looks like it could play out that way, give or take.

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

LB (7) - Crowell, Posluszny, Mitchell, DiGiorgio, Ellison, Buggs, Costanzo (I really think this is a toss up between Costanzo and Jon Corto - I think it could go either way - Whoever doesn't make I think makes the practice squad between those two)
              Anybody have anything positive about Costanzo? I've heard Corto making an impression but though Costanzo was kind of quiet. He went to college right by where I live and actually came back for a youth football camp this year.

My nephew and my buddy's kid got to meet him and get his autograph and my nephew was thoughtful enough to grab one for me. It's on a napkin but I thought it was pretty cool that he did that for me.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

If we keep 4 TEs, I think it's only temporary until Schouman or Fine gets healthy. Then Massaquoi goes. I'd like us to keep James over both Costanzo and Corto, meaning we would carry only 6 LBs.

With 6 WRs on the active roster, I'd keep Huggins on the PS, let Mayle go, and add both Costanzo and Corto on the PS.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                  My nephew and my buddy's kid got to meet him and get his autograph and my nephew was thoughtful enough to grab one for me. It's on a napkin but I thought it was pretty cool that he did that for me.
                  was the napkin brown or yellowish?
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
                    • Jul 2002

So what do we classify Peters as so he doesnt count against the 53?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

There is a reserve list for players who do not report. He is on it now.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        If we keep 4 TEs, I think it's only temporary until Schouman or Fine gets healthy. Then Massaquoi goes. I'd like us to keep James over both Costanzo and Corto, meaning we would carry only 6 LBs.

With 6 WRs on the active roster, I'd keep Huggins on the PS, let Mayle go, and add both Costanzo and Corto on the PS.
                        I was going to say the same thing. I think we're better off keeping 6 CB's, and 6 LB's and put Costanzo and Corto on the practice squad. I don't see the benefit in cutting Will James to keep either of those guys on the 53 man roster.

Comment

• Homegrown
                          Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Ed
                          I was going to say the same thing. I think we're better off keeping 6 CB's, and 6 LB's and put Costanzo and Corto on the practice squad. I don't see the benefit in cutting Will James to keep either of those guys on the 53 man roster.
                          I agree with you.
                          I know Corto's a good "story" but seriously...a roster spot???
                          I think Donnie Spargue (spelling???) makes the squad ahead of Costanza.

They should IR Fine.
                          I don't see the value of keeping a roster spot open for a 1st year Reciever (TE) with a broken thumb.

As "bad" as Wright looked, I still think he makes the team b/c Omon & Bell have PS eligibility.

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            was the napkin brown or yellowish?

It was justa-ish white.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

The funny thing about the "toss-up" between Corto & Costanzo is that it's very obvious that this staff did not bring in enough NFL talent to be backups at the position. I'd love to see Corto succeed (homegrown talent), but the fact is that neither of these guys would even be on another teams roster. Pray for no injuries at that position!

Comment

Working...
                              X