PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown's 53 man roster

mysticsoto
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM
QB (3) - Edwards, Losman, Hamdan
RB (4) - Lynch, Jackson, Barnes, Omon (this was a tough call because I still believe Wright is a talented player and can have a solid career in this league. I just worry the staff has run out of patience)
WR (6) - Evans, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, Jenkins, S. Johnson
TE (4) - Royal, Schouman, Fine, Massaquoi
OL (8) - Walker, Dockery, Fowler, Butler, Chambers, Bell, Preston, Whittle (Gaddis is still practice squad eligible and Peters goes on Did Not Report list, Matt Murphy to I-R)
DL (8) - Schobel, Kelsay, Stroud, K. Williams, Denney, McCargo, S. Johnson, Ellis
LB (7) - Crowell, Posluszny, Mitchell, DiGiorgio, Ellison, Buggs, Costanzo (I really think this is a toss up between Costanzo and Jon Corto - I think it could go either way - Whoever doesn't make I think makes the practice squad between those two)
CB (5) - McGee, Greer, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner (I would prefer to keep Will James as well, but I think the luxury of keeping six corners went out the window with the tight end injury situation. I think if this has to happen it would be valuable experience lost - Not saying it will happen, but I think it's a distinct possibility)
S (5) - Whitner, Simpson, Scott, Wilson, Wendling

Practice squad - Gaddis, Huggins, Cox, R. Felton, Mace, Hall, Mayle and then Corto or Costanzo (whoever doesn't make the 53).

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

OpIv37
08-29-2008, 09:09 AM
I bet it's no more than 2 players off the actual final roster.

justasportsfan
08-29-2008, 09:10 AM
can we free up a roster spot if we put Fine on IR because of his thumb?

mysticsoto
08-29-2008, 09:12 AM
I'd add Bryan Copeland to the PS and bump Cox, Mace or Mayle. Unfortunately, though Mayle looked good on returns (better than McKelvin did), he had 2 chances for scores that he flopped. You just can't do that in the NFL and expect to win!

mysticsoto
08-29-2008, 09:13 AM
can we not free up a roster spot if we put Fine on IR because of his thumb?

That's an option, and it likely depends how bad it is and how long it will take him to return. But that's a definite possibility!

Kerr
08-29-2008, 09:18 AM
It looks like it could play out that way, give or take.

madness
08-29-2008, 09:25 AM
LB (7) - Crowell, Posluszny, Mitchell, DiGiorgio, Ellison, Buggs, Costanzo (I really think this is a toss up between Costanzo and Jon Corto - I think it could go either way - Whoever doesn't make I think makes the practice squad between those two)

Anybody have anything positive about Costanzo? I've heard Corto making an impression but though Costanzo was kind of quiet. He went to college right by where I live and actually came back for a youth football camp this year.

My nephew and my buddy's kid got to meet him and get his autograph and my nephew was thoughtful enough to grab one for me. It's on a napkin but I thought it was pretty cool that he did that for me.

Jan Reimers
08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
If we keep 4 TEs, I think it's only temporary until Schouman or Fine gets healthy. Then Massaquoi goes. I'd like us to keep James over both Costanzo and Corto, meaning we would carry only 6 LBs.

With 6 WRs on the active roster, I'd keep Huggins on the PS, let Mayle go, and add both Costanzo and Corto on the PS.

justasportsfan
08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
My nephew and my buddy's kid got to meet him and get his autograph and my nephew was thoughtful enough to grab one for me. It's on a napkin but I thought it was pretty cool that he did that for me.
was the napkin brown or yellowish?

Bruce is Loose
08-29-2008, 09:48 AM
So what do we classify Peters as so he doesnt count against the 53?

Dr. Lecter
08-29-2008, 09:51 AM
There is a reserve list for players who do not report. He is on it now.

Ed
08-29-2008, 09:54 AM
If we keep 4 TEs, I think it's only temporary until Schouman or Fine gets healthy. Then Massaquoi goes. I'd like us to keep James over both Costanzo and Corto, meaning we would carry only 6 LBs.

With 6 WRs on the active roster, I'd keep Huggins on the PS, let Mayle go, and add both Costanzo and Corto on the PS.
I was going to say the same thing. I think we're better off keeping 6 CB's, and 6 LB's and put Costanzo and Corto on the practice squad. I don't see the benefit in cutting Will James to keep either of those guys on the 53 man roster.

Homegrown
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
I was going to say the same thing. I think we're better off keeping 6 CB's, and 6 LB's and put Costanzo and Corto on the practice squad. I don't see the benefit in cutting Will James to keep either of those guys on the 53 man roster.

I agree with you.
I know Corto's a good "story" but seriously...a roster spot???
I think Donnie Spargue (spelling???) makes the squad ahead of Costanza.

They should IR Fine.
I don't see the value of keeping a roster spot open for a 1st year Reciever (TE) with a broken thumb.

As "bad" as Wright looked, I still think he makes the team b/c Omon & Bell have PS eligibility.

madness
08-29-2008, 10:48 AM
was the napkin brown or yellowish?

:rofl:

It was justa-ish white.

Nighthawk
08-29-2008, 11:51 AM
The funny thing about the "toss-up" between Corto & Costanzo is that it's very obvious that this staff did not bring in enough NFL talent to be backups at the position. I'd love to see Corto succeed (homegrown talent), but the fact is that neither of these guys would even be on another teams roster. Pray for no injuries at that position!

Michael82
08-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Looks like I was right about Buggs. He's the sleeper LB to make the team. He looked very good at camp and has a pretty good pre-season.

Dr. Lecter
08-29-2008, 01:00 PM
The funny thing about the "toss-up" between Corto & Costanzo is that it's very obvious that this staff did not bring in enough NFL talent to be backups at the position. I'd love to see Corto succeed (homegrown talent), but the fact is that neither of these guys would even be on another teams roster. Pray for no injuries at that position!

Neither would be a candidate had Bowen not gotten injured.

Bravo82
08-29-2008, 02:48 PM
i like it all except for massaqoi. courtney anderson should beat him out easily.

Nighthawk
08-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Neither would be a candidate had Bowen not gotten injured.

True, but this organization seems to have way to many guys that wouldn't be on other team's rosters...ie: Ellison, DiGiorgio, Costanzo & Corto. That is not a good thing. These guys are waaaayyyy too small and really aren't all that athletic.

Bert102176
08-30-2008, 09:16 AM
True, but this organization seems to have way to many guys that wouldn't be on other team's rosters...ie: Ellison, DiGiorgio, Costanzo & Corto. That is not a good thing. These guys are waaaayyyy too small and really aren't all that athletic.

Ellison, DiGiorgio hell they played good enough to help us win some of the games we won with all the injuries last year

Bert102176
08-30-2008, 09:19 AM
we put Omon on the PS and he is as good as gone hell probly to the bears or patrots, and I like the kid