Forked Thread: Rumor: Bills expect Peters to show up Monday- Money or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: Rumor: Bills expect Peters to show up Monday- Money or something else?

Forked from: Rumor: Bills expect Peters to show up Monday

Originally posted by mybills
    Somehow it doesn't make sense for him to hold out this long for more money, and NOT be in shape. My guess is that he's kept himself physically fit.
    Pure speculation...how about another reason for the hold out? Money or....drugs? What if he has been taking something? I can't understand if this is only about money why his agent would be so stubborn.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Forked Thread: Rumor: Bills expect Peters to show up Monday- Money or something else?

Originally posted by Ebenezer
    Forked from: Rumor: Bills expect Peters to show up Monday

Pure speculation...how about another reason for the hold out? Money or....drugs? What if he has been taking something? I can't understand if this is only about money why his agent would be so stubborn.
    Have you considered that he might suffer from depression like Shawn Andrews or Anthony Hargrove?

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: Rumor: Bills expect Peters to show up Monday- Money or something else?

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      Have you considered that he might suffer from depression like Shawn Andrews or Anthony Hargrove?
      A very real possibility...I can go with that, too. My point is there is something just not right.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

A very real possibility...I can go with that, too. My point is there is something just not right.
        You're right, something doesn't seem right. Either way, you have to realize that it's a swinging door and to a point both team and player are in the wrong.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

You're right, something doesn't seem right. Either way, you have to realize that it's a swinging door and to a point both team and player are in the wrong.
          At some point the player started this. I am sure the Bills didn't ask him to take a pay cut. They have renegotiated with many many others in the past. Something is not right. He either demanded way too much or something happened.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

he may have his cornrolls redone. They take time.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

At some point the player started this. I am sure the Bills didn't ask him to take a pay cut. They have renegotiated with many many others in the past. Something is not right. He either demanded way too much or something happened.
              Sadly the Bills aren't used to dealing with elite level players because honestly, we haven't had one at the level Peters is at since Reed, Smith, Kelly, etc...... So I wonder if the Bills even know what the **** they are doing. Or maybe Peters is asking for something crazy like $10 million a year, in that case the Bills are in the right and I'll gladly stop talking poorly about them in this situation.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Sadly the Bills aren't used to dealing with elite level players because honestly, we haven't had one at the level Peters is at since Reed, Smith, Kelly, etc...... So I wonder if the Bills even know what the **** they are doing. Or maybe Peters is asking for something crazy like $10 million a year, in that case the Bills are in the right and I'll gladly stop talking poorly about them in this situation.
                RW is very familiar with dealing with elite players. You think RB is running out on this one solo? No way.

IF he asked for $10 million we may never see him play in the NFL again. Although it wouldn't surprise me if he asked to be the #1 paid OL in the league.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

RW is very familiar with dealing with elite players. You think RB is running out on this one solo? No way.

IF he asked for $10 million we may never see him play in the NFL again. Although it wouldn't surprise me if he asked to be the #1 paid OL in the league.
                  You know, he may very well be the number one OL in football right now. Pace and Jones are at the end of the road and Peters' road has only begun. But if he did get $10 million/per I would hope that there are some serious incentives involved, mostly playing time incentives.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

You know, he may very well be the number one OL in football right now. Pace and Jones are at the end of the road and Peters' road has only begun. But if he did get $10 million/per I would hope that there are some serious incentives involved, mostly playing time incentives.
                    Regardless the state of their careers how does any team justify giving a one-time probowler the money that Jones and Pace have earned. Escalating salaries or not there is no way that should happen.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Regardless the state of their careers how does any team justify giving a one-time probowler the money that Jones and Pace have earned. Escalating salaries or not there is no way that should happen.
                      You and Pro Bowls man.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

You and Pro Bowls man.
                        Fine strike the probowl comments. Do you deny that Pace and Jones are on a plateau that goes far beyond any other OT in the game?

Comment

Working...
                        X