• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Mel Kiper

I didn't see a thread on this amidst all the excitememt, so I figured I'd pipe in:

I finsd it absolutly freakin' hilarious seeing Mel's credibility totally fall apart every year on draft day. How is that guy considered an expert?
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

He knows the players inside and out. He is not a great drafter, but he sure can put together a good book on the players and their rankings.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Yes... He cannot control who picks who... he has his mock, just like you and I, but he cannot see the future.

He does however know his players very well.

I am sure that he and his staff work very hard to compile those 1 minute clips of the draftees so Chris and the boys can talk about him.

He looks funny, but he knows his stuff.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

I said it once I'll say it again... The Bengals draft Kiper's draft book.

Look at their picks... the highest rated in Kiper's book who are undrafted, every time.

1)Palmer
        2)Stienbach
        3)Washington

BTW: he does know his players... he's just got some strange ideas about what makes a good one.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Finally some credit to mel. The guy knowsa about every single player even though the guy might suck. I like him. I don't buy his books for his mock drfat but for his player profiles and analysis. Go Bills!

Comment

• BambinoSux
            Don't Throw It My Way
            • Aug 2002

I also like his idea that the combine is overrated. Suggs was jobbed down to 10 and Baltimore lucked out to get him. Robertson may well be the next Warren Sapp but he never did what Terrell Suggs did in real play.
            I don't believe in no damn curses.

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

Where Mel is good with Player knowledge, he is lacking in what teams truly are looking for. But, hey, you can't expect one man to know everything about everything. He focuses on the players. Guys like Clayton focus on what teams need.

I'm not so sure that Kiper doesn't just put together a mock because he's pretty much obligated to do so. Everyone else has one, so he basically has to have one too.

Ingtar: Perhaps Cincy should hire Mel as their GM . . .
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                I said it once I'll say it again... The Bengals draft Kiper's draft book.

Look at their picks... the highest rated in Kiper's book who are undrafted, every time.

1)Palmer
                2)Stienbach
                3)Washington

You think he's actually a scout for them?
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                X