X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

So assume Peters is done as a Bill.....

Let's say that the Bills don't cave and Peters decides he's going to sit out the entire year; or let's say the Bills just trade Peters and get it over with. That would make Walker our number one LT (I'm assuming). Do you think for a minute that Walker won't ask for a pay raise since he's moving to a position that gets paid twice as much as RT? Do we just tell Walker to go to hell too because he has time left on his contract or do we give him the money he would rightfully deserve.

What say you?
  • W1DER1GHT
    Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills
    • Mar 2007

Re: So assume Peters is done as a Bill.....

Yes, let Walker go to hell. Peters isn't going to be traded. When is the last time that a team traded a franchise LT? Yes this is ugly now, but I'm pretty sure it's going to work out in the end. The Bills know that they have to pay up, and I'm sure they will, in '09.
    "Tyler Wilson is a glorified cross between JP Losman and Ryan Fitzpatrick." W1DER1GHT 3/16/13
    ^Well, I may have given Wilson too much credit^

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

If we're going to have to hand out more cash, it might as well be to the one who deserves it more... I think it's a lose lose situation any which way.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
        If we're going to have to hand out more cash, it might as well be to the one who deserves it more... I think it's a lose lose situation any which way.
        Originally posted by W1DER1GHT
        Yes, let Walker go to hell. Peters isn't going to be traded. When is the last time that a team traded a franchise LT? Yes this is ugly now, but I'm pretty sure it's going to work out in the end. The Bills know that they have to pay up, and I'm sure they will, in '09.
        Ok, I asked because some people seem to think that we're perfectly fine without Peters. I do not subscribe to that thought in the least and think that minus Peters we can expect another loss or two.

I also think that just about any player in Peters position would be doing the same thing. The window for these guys is very small and they only get one chance at this kind of a deal. Even a "nice guy" like Walker would be doing the same thing Peters is doing if he was moved and underpaid.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Isn't Walker making more than what Peters makes now?

I'm not sure but I know we gave him a hefty salary and a bunch of people, myself included, were none too pleased.

He'd be paid in the bottom half of LTs to be sure but unless he performs to a probow level, doubtful, he'll never ask for a ton of money during this current contract.

Not that I'm advocating the trade of Peters but if this hold out lasts into the season, trade deadline time, and the situation remains the same what's the sense in keeping him?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Let's hope he shows up this weekend. If we start the season without him I'll just about right the season off.

People are nuts if they think we are winning alot of games with Kirk Chambers on the field.

You'll see how good the O-line looks in real game without Peters.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
              Isn't Walker making more than what Peters makes now?

I'm not sure but I know we gave him a hefty salary and a bunch of people, myself included, were none too pleased.

He'd be paid in the bottom half of LTs to be sure but unless he performs to a probow level, doubtful, he'll never ask for a ton of money during this current contract.

Not that I'm advocating the trade of Peters but if this hold out lasts into the season, trade deadline time, and the situation remains the same what's the sense in keeping him?
              Especially if we have no plans to give him a new deal (which the FO has already said they are unwilling to do in 2008.) I can't blame Peters, I look at Merriman right now and it just reminds me why players do what he's doing. Merriman has been a good soldier and has waited his turn, now the guys has an injury that some are calling career threatening. I bet he wishes he had been a dick and demanded more money last year, at least he would have gotten his guaranteed money. Now he might be done for good and will walk away with nothing (by NFL standards for a player of his caliber.)

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                Especially if we have no plans to give him a new deal (which the FO has already said they are unwilling to do in 2008.) I can't blame Peters, I look at Merriman right now and it just reminds me why players do what he's doing. Merriman has been a good soldier and has waited his turn, now the guys has an injury that some are calling career threatening. I bet he wishes he had been a dick and demanded more money last year, at least he would have gotten his guaranteed money. Now he might be done for good and will walk away with nothing (by NFL standards for a player of his caliber.)
                Off the Peters topic, I think Merriman is an idiot if he plays in week 1.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

As do I, he's putting his entire career in jeopardy. But you get what I'm saying right? If Peters comes back under his current deal and suffers a career ending injury then he's literally ****ed.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    As do I, he's putting his entire career in jeopardy. But you get what I'm saying right? If Peters comes back under his current deal and suffers a career ending injury then he's literally ****ed.

That's the chance every football player takes when they step on the field or in some cases, worthlessberger and KII, every time they go on a bike

I think Peters is an idiot for accepting an extension one year too early, if he knew he could or thought he could perform at a higher level, he shoulda waited out on a new deal. Then he wouldn't be in this situation.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

This is when you understand why the players want to get paid. All the Chargers have to do is not clear him to play and this story would be over.

Instead they are going to let him play on an injury, that they probably saw and cocealed, and let him cut his own throat. Amazing.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

At this point I have to ask who is not as smart...Peters or Merriman.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

That's the chance every football player takes when they step on the field or in some cases, worthlessberger and KII, every time they go on a bike

I think Peters is an idiot for accepting an extension one year too early, if he knew he could or thought he could perform at a higher level, he shoulda waited out on a new deal. Then he wouldn't be in this situation.
                          I don't disagree with you at all. This is why I can find blame for both player and team; but either way, he has easily outplayed that contract and is deserving of a new one.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            At this point I have to ask who is not as smart...Peters or Merriman.
                            I'd say Merriman....Peters will still get paid and play somewhere even if it's not this year. Merriman is one wrong hit, turn, plant, step away from ending his chance to get another payday.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

I so hard tried to make this point. I agree that Peters should have waited. Don't think the Bills weren't more than happy to accomodate him. They knew he was signing a bad deal. I remember when they gave him the extension and I even said "this is stupid for Peters".

Point is that deals aren't any good if someone feels like they are getting screwed. People can argue all they want but having the guy make half of what he can get in the open market can't be good.

Comment

Working...
                              X