PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Peters Has Asked for $$$ --- How much would you pay him?

Ebenezer
08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Forked from: Peters Has Asked for A New Deal 3 Different Times With 3 Different Agents (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2575306)

Oh, I agree 100%! However, they have continued their stance that they don't want to set a precedent by renegotiating a contract with 3 years left on it. That policy doesn't hold water...they've already broken their own policy!

A lot of folks are at the end of this situation but nobody has put a finger on how much is reasonable. Let's face it, deserving or not Parker stands to make a lot of money off Peters and if successful he may draw more LTs to his agency - more money for him if he controls the market.

So, you tell me. How much would you pay Peters. It would be hard to settle on a salary with all the creative ways that it can be structured. So, we will leave it at dollars per year. What do you offer him? Keep in mind what Pace and Jones make and that this question is in dollars per year regardless how the contract is structured.

Mr. Pink
08-29-2008, 12:30 PM
I'd say on the open market, he'd get around 8 per, honestly.

gr8slayer
08-29-2008, 12:31 PM
If I was GM I'd be offering him Pace type money. BUT, I would would make sure that he had to play to earn the full amount.

Michael82
08-29-2008, 12:45 PM
This year, his current contract. But then after the season, I would sign him to a 5 year deal worth $40 million. I would also add stipulations to his contract with reporting bonuses, workout bonuses, and training camp bonuses. I'd also add incentives for him playing all 16 games and making the Pro Bowl.

ddaryl
08-29-2008, 12:46 PM
I'd pay him like a top 5 LT if he showed up and acted like a team leader and made his case in the back ground

but under Pace and Jones, because he hasn't been to multiple pro-bowls or played multiple seasons at LT

gr8slayer
08-29-2008, 12:47 PM
I'd pay him like a top 5 LT if he showed up and acted like a team leader and made his case in the back ground
Him showing up wouldn't matter this year anyway, the Bills have made it clear that they WILL NOT renegotiate 2008.

Ebenezer
08-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Him showing up wouldn't matter this year anyway, the Bills have made it clear that they WILL NOT renegotiate 2008.
they made that clear now...we have no way to know if they would have been receptive to that before OTA and such. That position was only revealed recently.

gr8slayer
08-29-2008, 12:50 PM
they made that clear now...we have no way to know if they would have been receptive to that before OTA and such. That position was only revealed recently.
Nonetheless, it's the case as of right now. I thought that was a bad move by the FO myself, especially to go public with it.

Ebenezer
08-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Nonetheless, it's the case as of right now. I thought that was a bad move by the FO myself, especially to go public with it.
Going public puts the pressure on the player...it is working...even his teammates are getting upset, agents have come out on the Bills side, fans are turning on Peters. He is so boxed in that there is little he can do to get himself out.

SquishDaFish
08-29-2008, 12:56 PM
EB its not worth it anymore. You are correct though

gr8slayer
08-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Going public puts the pressure on the player...it is working...even his teammates are getting upset, agents have come out on the Bills side, fans are turning on Peters. He is so boxed in that there is little he can do to get himself out.
In Buffalo people will always be on Wilson's side, no matter what the guy does. People on a national level recognize that Peters is drastically underpaid and might be the MOST underpaid player in the entire league. But people in Buffalo have become used to Wilson and his less than winning ways of doing things and have just become satisfied with doing things the cheapest way possible.

Ebenezer
08-29-2008, 01:00 PM
In Buffalo people will always be on Wilson's side,

Incorrect. Long-term older Bills fans don't really like RW. This new found glee, get Ralphie into the HOF is all a result of the SB run. I have always stated that RW is an ominous meddler and the #1 problem with this team.

gr8slayer
08-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Incorrect. Long-term older Bills fans don't really like RW. This new found glee, get Ralphie into the HOF is all a result of the SB run. I have always stated that RW is an ominous meddler and the #1 problem with this team.
I actually was going to put a disclaimer at the bottom of the post stating that you did not necessarily fall under that category; but you beat me to it.

Ebenezer
08-29-2008, 01:06 PM
I actually was going to put a disclaimer at the bottom of the post stating that you did not necessarily fall under that category; but you beat me to it.
Talk to long term fans up here...they hate RW. I still remember the vision of him bascially casting the media aside while boarding a Peoples Express Airline after a game. Somebody was holding out (might have been Joe Cribbs) and he basically acted like royalty. Personally, I think he was drunk from the way he was on camera.

TacklingDummy
08-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Option 8: What he is making now and then next year I would talk contract with him.

TacklingDummy
08-29-2008, 01:42 PM
This year, his current contract. But then after the season, I would sign him to a 5 year deal worth $40 million. I would also add stipulations to his contract with reporting bonuses, workout bonuses, and training camp bonuses. I'd also add incentives for him playing all 16 games and making the Pro Bowl.Agreed.

syracuse76
08-29-2008, 01:52 PM
yes i am the only one so far who voted 4 mil. he had an outstanding year. everyone knows that. i would pay him 4 mil/yr BUT i would have him in a balanced contract loaded with incentives and give hime a lucritive signing bonus. it would still leave more cap room, he would get the money wants. also extra perks pending on performance and injuries. if he got injured then he gets the 4 mil , if he plays every game he gets the 4 mil with a 1 mil kicker, for every pancake he would get an extra 100k. i would make it so if he wants the 8 mil contract a year he would have to perform to get it. i mean if this guy thinks he is worth that much well....THEN PROVE IT TO ME JASON PETERS ....PROVE IT!!!!

Mitchy moo
08-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Since he play for only $3 Million this year and last year, $10 M in 2009.

Ickybaluky
08-29-2008, 02:19 PM
BTW, he wouldn't be the first to hit $10M annually. Miami LT Jake Long signed a 5 Year/$57.5M contract with $30M guaranteed.

Pace and Jones signed their deals prior to the 2005 season. They need to be adjusted for the rise in the cap, which has gone up a lot in 3 years.

The new benchmark for LT contracts is Long at $11.5M per season. Peters likely wants more than that, with over $30M guaranteed. At least, that is what his agent probably should ask for.

LABillsFan
08-29-2008, 02:28 PM
This year, his current contract. But then after the season, I would sign him to a 5 year deal worth $40 million. I would also add stipulations to his contract with reporting bonuses, workout bonuses, and training camp bonuses. I'd also add incentives for him playing all 16 games and making the Pro Bowl.

That's the number I was thinking of. However, if history proves itself, you could put $50 mil and by year 2 in his contract he'll have another agent and want a new deal.

Michael82
08-29-2008, 02:39 PM
BTW, he wouldn't be the first to hit $10M annually. Miami LT Jake Long signed a 5 Year/$57.5M contract with $30M guaranteed.

Pace and Jones signed their deals prior to the 2005 season. They need to be adjusted for the rise in the cap, which has gone up a lot in 3 years.

The new benchmark for LT contracts is Long at $11.5M per season. Peters likely wants more than that, with over $30M guaranteed. At least, that is what his agent probably should ask for.
If that is the case, then I hope he enjoys sitting on his ass at home. He won't get over $10 million and if he thinks that he is worth and that's why he's holding out, both he and his agent are fools! Just like the Dolphins were fools for giving Jake Long all that money. That's also why the rookie contract system is so ****ed up and I guarantee it will change after the next cba.

Historian
08-29-2008, 03:09 PM
25 cents above minimum wage to wax my Trailblazer.

I'll even spring for the supplies.

:up:

Ebenezer
08-29-2008, 11:12 PM

I was simply going by last years numbers and players already in the league for perspective. Rookie contracts never make any sense although they do set benchmark.