PDA

View Full Version : 1st Day Winners and Losers

Jeff1220
04-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Lets give our thoughts on who did good and bad today.

My pick for winner: The Baltimore Ravens.
The got a great value in Suggs, who will fit into their D superbly imo. And they still got Boller, who they absolutely love. Good job by Newsome and Co.

Loser: No real science here, but I'll say the Bengals. Why? Simply because I know they'll find a way to wreck Palmer's career.

Pride
04-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Winner: Bengals (honestly) History aside, they got some great players this year.

Loser: Dolphins. They picked lower ranked players WAY too high.

Below Average: Us (my opinion)

Ingtar33
04-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Loser: Arizona (the worst draft I've ever seen)
Winner: Chicago, Jax

The Spaz
04-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Your wron Pride Mcgahee and Kelsay have 1st round talent. Mcgahee is a risk but you can't deny his talent and Kelsay how did he fall that far down. I give the bills a B going into tomorrow's day starting off with 2 4th round picks. Go Bills!

Tatonka
04-26-2003, 09:33 PM
winners.. balt, cincy, us, philly

losers.. miami (by far the worst imho).. arizona was horrible too. wtf were they thinking with those picks they got?

justasportsfan
04-26-2003, 09:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1545205

ESPN winners and losers

Michael82
04-26-2003, 09:45 PM
hmmmm, gotta love it!!! :D

Winners
Buffalo Bills: All right, sometimes you've got to be lucky. To be lucky sometimes is to be good. While you might criticize the selection of halfback Willis McGahee, you have to love the luck that sharp general manager Tom Donahue struck in the second round. He got the guy he considered a first-round pick -- Chris Kelsay in the second round. Everyone knew that the Bills needed a defensive end to help the pass rush. Kelsay was one of the better defensive ends on their board. They had him as a first-round consideration, but they ended up getting him in the second round. The nice part about flopping the two is that the Bills get Kelsay for second-round money, and they will get a chance to negotiate a deal for McGahee that might be able to build some financial protection. That's not saying that McGahee is getting second-round money, but the Bills are giving him a chance and he might be more appreciative in giving them a fairer contract.

BambinoSux
04-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Well, Clayton did a good job but I'd like to switch New England from the winner column to the loser column. Can someone explain Bill Belichick's rational to me. They tanked last year after a Super Bowl win and all we heard is about how these guys have all the draft picks and Belichick just trades them all away for picks next year. Isn't that counter-productive. Not to mention they trade up to draft Bethel Johnson at 5'11 when they don't have a receiver above 6'0 on their roster. The guy got lucky and won one Super Bowl. He's an average personnel man at best. Give me a break.

Kevikid
04-26-2003, 10:26 PM
You know what, I read Clayton's article 30 min ago, and Buffalo was not on it. Every other team was there, and none of their comments were updated. What motivated him to add Buffalo? I love the excitement behind the pick. Ralph deserves to be excited about the team rather than getting just a decent end (which we got in round two).

The_Philster
04-27-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Winner: Bengals (honestly) History aside, they got some great players this year.

Loser: Dolphins. They picked lower ranked players WAY too high.

Below Average: Us (my opinion)

I couldn't agree more. Arizona should be added to the losers

TypicalBill
04-27-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Kevikid
You know what, I read Clayton's article 30 min ago, and Buffalo was not on it. Every other team was there, and none of their comments were updated. What motivated him to add Buffalo? I love the excitement behind the pick. Ralph deserves to be excited about the team rather than getting just a decent end (which we got in round two).

actually, i added this article on the front page about 9 hours ago and it had the Bills on it... All those articles are available for everyone to read whenever they're published. Visit the front page!

We work hard so you dont have to :D