PDA

View Full Version : Toughest decision

Mitchell55
08-29-2008, 06:19 PM
The good surprising thing, is that the toughest decision will be who we keep at CB. We have 4 CBs who can easily be our 3rd CB. McKelvin, Corner, Youboty and James. Who do we keep? McKelvin is the only lock because of him being a 1st pick, but Corner has shown up, Youboty has to, and James is our only vet DB on our team. McGee is the 2nd oldest vet and thats showing something. You always need a vet CB on your team because 95% of CB is fundimentals. Having a vet CB will ALWAYS make the other CBs fundimentals 3 times better. My prediction is we keep 6, McGee, Greer, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner, James. Corner will be on ST along with Youboty most of the time. The chart will go like this.

McGee, Greer, James, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty. McKelvin will win the 3rd job at the end and James will probably be cut.

patmoran2006
08-29-2008, 07:17 PM
I dont think McKelvin is ready for a nickel role yet... Youboty will start at corner, unless we end up keeping James, which is very possible also.

James has started every preseason game at nickel, but has played far less than most the other reserve DBs

casdhf
08-29-2008, 08:13 PM
In James's defense, he's the vet of the group and probably needs the least amount of playing time to get ready for week 1.

Mitchy moo
08-29-2008, 08:35 PM
In James's defense, he's the vet of the group and probably needs the least amount of playing time to get ready for week 1.

Least upside as well.

Homegrown
08-29-2008, 08:39 PM
I think they're going with 6 CBs and 6 LBs.

I can't imagine they'd cut a vet like James and go forward with 2 rookies who didn't play Div1 ball (I don't consider Akron a "true" Div1 program).

Look for 6 CBs

Yasgur's Farm
08-30-2008, 06:51 AM
I say we keep all 6. There's a good possibility of a trade after cut day. If so... we trade James or Youboty.

mayotm
08-30-2008, 06:56 AM
I think there is a strong possibility that they keep six corners. If not, James has to be the odd man out. Obviously, McGee, Greer and McKelvin are locks. Corner and Youboty both have much bigger upsides. I found it interesting that James was in the game during the 4th quarter against Detroit. That can't be good for him.

Jan Reimers
08-30-2008, 06:58 AM
I think one of the main factors making our decisions so difficult - 6 CBs, or 6 WRs, or 7 LBs, etc. - is the need to carry 4 TEs until we get Schouman or Fine healthy.

shelby
08-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Youboty should start at corner. He's been outstanding this preseason.

syracuse76
08-30-2008, 08:11 AM
"yourbooty" does stay he has shined throughout preseason. he showed he took a a step forward in that position and is read for the nfl level