• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Ingtar33's - 2008 Bills Season Prediction

Well, I promised it, now I'm delivering it.

Just for interest factor, I'll break it down by game... my methodology for my season predictions have resulted in choosing a final record within 1 win of the final season total for every Bills season in the last 15 years, excepting 2001 (14 for 15). For the last 3 years my tallies have been exactly correct. (9 out of the 14 years I've picked the final record) I only pick wins based upon a confident belief we should win. Home and away are tie breakers when I'm tepid
    • vs Sea 0-1
    • @ Jax 0-2
    • vs Oak 1-2
    • @ StL 2-2
    • @ Az 2-3
    • vs SD 2-4
    • @ Mia 3-4
    • vs NYJ 4-4
    • @ NE 4-5
    • vs Cle 5-5
    • @ KC 6-5
    • vs SF 7-5
    • vs Mia 8-5
    • @ NYJ 8-6
    • @ Den 8-7
    • vs NE 8-8

The Bills will compete for the wild-card up until December, and fall away. I really like the team this year, but i just don't see 10 wins in that schedule unless they can prove themselves better then i think they are. The only way they get there is if they win the games they're supposed to win, and take a few more to boot.

Possible upsets on the schedule are Seattle, Arizona, Jets (road), and the Broncos.
    Possible letdowns are Oakland, St Louis, Jets (home), Cleveland, Kansas City

Since i think the letdowns are far less likely then the upsets, I'll give the bills a +1 to their final record.

Final Record of 9-7
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: Ingtar33's - 2008 Bills Season Prediction

Arizona and Broncos will be letdowns, no upsets. Cleveland wont be a letdown, it will be a upset.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MLynch23
      Arizona and Broncos will be letdowns, no upsets. Cleveland wont be a letdown, it will be a upset.
      i have them losing to both, and Cleveland a win

the upsets are the losses i have listed that i think the bills can win, the letdowns are the wins i have listed i think the bills can lose.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• syracuse76
        Knowing is half the battle......
        • Aug 2008

ehhhh.......12-4 if not then def. 11-5. i just cant bring my self to say anything lower with all the talent this year.
        2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
        POZ will lead us to the promise land
        "That which does not kill me,
        will only make me stronger"
        Nietzsche

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

What's sad is that there will be people who consider 9-7 a successful season.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by syracuse76
            ehhhh.......12-4 if not then def. 11-5. i just cant bring my self to say anything lower with all the talent this year.
            if they beat all the teams i think they lose to (that i think they can beat) Seattle, Arizona, Jets (on the road), and the Broncos, and beat all the teams they should, then yes. they'll go 12-4

I just don't see a 12-4 football team when i look at the Bills.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• syracuse76
              Knowing is half the battle......
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Ingtar33
              if they beat all the teams i think they lose to (that i think they can beat) Seattle, Arizona, Jets (on the road), and the Broncos, and beat all the teams they should, then yes. they'll go 12-4

I just don't see a 12-4 football team when i look at the Bills.
              thats cause we are all so used to mediocrity......its time for change you gotta admit when the STARTERS were in this preseason we showed what could possibly happen. anything below 11-5 would be a let down in my eyes.
              2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
              POZ will lead us to the promise land
              "That which does not kill me,
              will only make me stronger"
              Nietzsche

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                What's sad is that there will be people who consider 9-7 a successful season.
                it isn't.

I am really excited at the possibility of the playoffs this year. and we have a reasonable (if unlikely) chance to do it.

I wont be happy with no playoffs this year... as it's definitely within their reach.

Last year, when i picked 7-9 i thought 9-7 was completely out of their reach, and 8-8 about the best they could hope for. This year is different. i think this schedule is weak enough, that they should be able to reach 10-6.

with a little luck, that will get us in.

Frankly, I'll be happy with 10-6, as the team would have overachieved to get there (i was happy with 7-9 last year because of the injuries).

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

it isn't.

I am really excited at the possibility of the playoffs this year. and we have a reasonable (if unlikely) chance to do it.

I wont be happy with no playoffs this year... as it's definitely within their reach.

Last year, when i picked 7-9 i thought 9-7 was completely out of their reach, and 8-8 about the best they could hope for. This year is different. i think this schedule is weak enough, that they should be able to reach 10-6.

with a little luck, that will get us in.

Frankly, I'll be happy with 10-6, as the team would have overachieved to get there (i was happy with 7-9 last year because of the injuries).
                  I won't be happy until we have a ring.

I'll be satisfied if Edwards proves he's a franchise QB and if we sign two of the following three players: Peters, Evans, Crowell, to extensions.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

I won't be happy until we have a ring.

I'll be satisfied if Edwards proves he's a franchise QB and if we sign two of the following three players: Peters, Evans, Crowell, to extensions.
                    Small successes. we're so long without a whiff of playoffs I'll take playoffs and be happy with the year. Until we can play NE and not lose by 40 we have no business talking superbowl.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Small successes. we're so long without a whiff of playoffs I'll take playoffs and be happy with the year. Until we can play NE and not lose by 40 we have no business talking superbowl.
                      We need something, I'm quickly losing faith in the organizations ability to put a winning product on the field. We'll never be **** until we find ourselves a QB.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

We need something, I'm quickly losing faith in the organizations ability to put a winning product on the field. We'll never be **** until we find ourselves a QB.
                        I think the organization is headed in the right direction if they can stick with the plan. I worry less about losing players to FA than having a strategy to follow.

The Bills decided to build through the draft, go young and fast. They drafted a QB (Edwards) and have put him in there.

The worst thing they can do at this point is jerk around with the young QB or start over. They already changed the offense some this year, but that was understandable given the style of play they are implementing (Defense that creates turnovers/Great ST/Complimentary or Efficient Offense).

If they blow the whole thing up because they don't see immediate gains, then they are starting over from square one. The biggest problem they have had in the last decade is importing a whole new coaching staff and style of play every couple/few years. Continuity is worth a lot in the NFL.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                          I think the organization is headed in the right direction if they can stick with the plan. I worry less about losing players to FA than having a strategy to follow.

The Bills decided to build through the draft, go young and fast. They drafted a QB (Edwards) and have put him in there.

The worst thing they can do at this point is jerk around with the young QB or start over. They already changed the offense some this year, but that was understandable given the style of play they are implementing (Defense that creates turnovers/Great ST/Complimentary or Efficient Offense).

If they blow the whole thing up because they don't see immediate gains, then they are starting over from square one. The biggest problem they have had in the last decade is importing a whole new coaching staff and style of play every couple/few years. Continuity is worth a lot in the NFL.
                          I'm not advocating another QB carousel, I simply have some doubts about Edwards but if he's QB #1 going into the season he should finish the season QB #1 unless he's unhealthy.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

I don't put any stock on schedules being weak or strong. Previous year teams are never the same exact team in the current year. You may be 4-12 last year, but if you happened to pull it together you could be 10-6 the next.

I do believe we'll beat the Seahawks at home with Trent starting.
                            I don't believe we'll lose the last 3 like you have us.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• LABillsFan
                              • Aug 2002

Well, I promised it, now I'm delivering it.

Just for interest factor, I'll break it down by game... my methodology for my season predictions have resulted in choosing a final record within 1 win of the final season total for every Bills season in the last 15 years, excepting 2001 (14 for 15). For the last 3 years my tallies have been exactly correct. (9 out of the 14 years I've picked the final record) I only pick wins based upon a confident belief we should win. Home and away are tie breakers when I'm tepid
                              • vs Sea 0-1
                              • @ Jax 0-2
                              • vs Oak 1-2
                              • @ StL 2-2
                              • @ Az 2-3
                              • vs SD 2-4
                              • @ Mia 3-4
                              • vs NYJ 4-4
                              • @ NE 4-5
                              • vs Cle 5-5
                              • @ KC 6-5
                              • vs SF 7-5
                              • vs Mia 8-5
                              • @ NYJ 8-6
                              • @ Den 8-7
                              • vs NE 8-8

The Bills will compete for the wild-card up until December, and fall away. I really like the team this year, but i just don't see 10 wins in that schedule unless they can prove themselves better then i think they are. The only way they get there is if they win the games they're supposed to win, and take a few more to boot.

Possible upsets on the schedule are Seattle, Arizona, Jets (road), and the Broncos.
                              Possible letdowns are Oakland, St Louis, Jets (home), Cleveland, Kansas City

Since i think the letdowns are far less likely then the upsets, I'll give the bills a +1 to their final record.

Final Record of 9-7
                              First off I don't know why the Bills scheduled is considered easy. NE twice, Denver, SD, Seattle, Jax, Cleveland @KC, @Ari. That is not easy.

I don't see them upsetting AZ because of back to back long distance travel. Much like NE having to go to Seattle and then Oakland in weeks 14 and 15.

I don't see them upsetting Denver either. Denver will be in Car the week before and losing to them will make a win against Buf a necessity 1. because they play SD the following week and they will be looking to get 9-10 wins themselves.

I see them losing to Clev outright, I just think Clev is a tad better and they'll be coming off a spanking from NE. KC is a place the Bills generally lose, 5 of the last 6 if I'm right.

An upset can happen week 1 with the injuries to Seattle and a little rust on Hassleback. So I go with 7-9 with a chance to go 8-8

vs Sea 0-1
                              @ Jax 0-2
                              vs Oak 1-2
                              @ StL 2-2
                              @ Az 2-3
                              vs SD 2-4
                              @ Mia 3-4
                              vs NYJ 4-4
                              @ NE 4-5
                              vs Cle 4-6
                              @ KC 4-7
                              vs SF 5-7
                              vs Mia 6-7
                              @ NYJ 7-7
                              @ Den 7-8
                              vs NE 7-9
                              I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X