PDA

View Full Version : SIGN WILLIE ANDERSON NOW

Italian Stallion
08-30-2008, 03:27 PM
BENGALS CUT WILLIE ANDERSON
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 30, 2008, 3:51 p.m.

We reported this afternoon that the Cincinnati Bengals asked tackle Willie Anderson to take a pay cut, and now we know Anderson’s answer.

“They wanted me to take a pay cut,” Anderson told The Cincinnati Enquirer. “I wouldn’t do it.”

So now Anderson is no longer a member of the Bengals, after 12 seasons and five Pro Bowls.

Anderson will become an unrestricted free agent, and presumably he’ll sign with someone soon. Although there are lingering injury issues, reliable veteran offensive tackles are always in demand.

Normally I get pissed at these "sign em hes available" threads, but this signing makes sooooooooooooooo much sense. Anderson at RT with Walker at left would shut Peters and his agent up, and make this line much more solid heading into the season (sorry Kirk Chambers)

Mad Bomber
08-30-2008, 03:31 PM
We could use a tackle...

Scumbag College
08-30-2008, 03:39 PM
He'll want to start somewhere. Here, after Peters reports, he'll be a backup.

Typ0
08-30-2008, 03:42 PM
sign this guy he's available.

Mitchell55
08-30-2008, 03:49 PM
He'll want to start somewhere. Here, after Peters reports, he'll be a backup.

We could move stuff around.

LT- Peters, Doc, Butler, Walker, Willie. Or see if Willie can play Guard.

patmoran2006
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
They're not going to be interested in Willie Anderson at his asking price, unless Jason Peters gives them indication he's not playing this season.

Italian Stallion
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
sign this guy he's available.

shut up.

Anyone on this board with brains could understand why we would need to sign this guy. We face two very good pass rushing teams in the first two weeks of the season, and no one has even heard from our best OL since December.

This isn't a typical "i've heard his name, so lets sign him"

This fills a legitimate need on the roster.

patmoran2006
08-30-2008, 03:53 PM
We could move stuff around.

LT- Peters, Doc, Butler, Walker, Willie. Or see if Willie can play Guard.
are you insane?
They're going to move alll these guys around a week before the season starts?

BUtler at center? Walker or Anderson at guard?
C'mon man.. You gotta be better than that.

Italian Stallion
08-30-2008, 03:54 PM
They're not going to be interested in Willie Anderson at his asking price, unless Jason Peters gives them indication he's not playing this season.

I can't imagine he'd be asking for that much Pat. Give it about 24 hours as his agent calls around the league. Most offers should be pretty lowballed because of his age, and the Bills may be the only team to offer him a starting spot right away

Mr. Pink
08-30-2008, 04:12 PM
If you have plans of moving forward with Peters in the fold this season you don't sign this guy.

If you don't think Peters will show up, you should be on the phone with Willie's agent right now.

Period.

Mitchell55
08-30-2008, 04:19 PM
are you insane?
They're going to move alll these guys around a week before the season starts?

BUtler at center? Walker or Anderson at guard?
C'mon man.. You gotta be better than that.

There already been talk of Butler to tackle or center. So thats not a big change.

Mr. Pink
08-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Just because you made Butler a center on Madden, doesn't mean he can do it in real life.

Hell I turned Charlie Frye into the second coming of Joe Montana.

As much as I realize we need an upgrade at C, Butler ain't it.

The Spaz
08-30-2008, 04:28 PM
There already been talk of Butler to tackle or center. So thats not a big change.

Yeah ok....

gr8slayer
08-30-2008, 04:36 PM
We don't even want to pay Peters, why would we pay a guy who is looking for better than $4 million/per anyway? Makes no sense.

gr8slayer
08-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Just because you made Butler a center on Madden, doesn't mean he can do it in real life.

Hell I turned Charlie Frye into the second coming of Joe Montana.

As much as I realize we need an upgrade at C, Butler ain't it.
:rofl: a ****ing 6'7 Center.

Mr. Pink
08-30-2008, 04:43 PM
:rofl: a ****ing 6'7 Center.

I think we should move Lynch to WR to take better advantage of his catching abilities and then put Josh Reed at FB because he blocks well.

He'll open lots of holes for Dwayne Wright...OOPS!

Italian Stallion
08-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Alright guys lay off of him...he's just a kid.

You're gonna give him a complex lol

RoscoeMagic
08-30-2008, 04:47 PM
We could use a tackle...

haha ya think!

:band:

Sign Willie!!!

Unless that means Chambers will think he's now underpaid and will hold out :(.

Nah **** Chambers....haha

gr8slayer
08-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Alright guys lay off of him...he's just a kid.

You're gonna give him a complex lol
We already know he's an emo kid, does that qualify as a complex? We need a medical professional in here, :eb:?

gr8slayer
08-30-2008, 04:52 PM
I think we should move Lynch to WR to take better advantage of his catching abilities and then put Josh Reed at FB because he blocks well.

He'll open lots of holes for Dwayne Wright...OOPS!
Think Edwards can play TE too? He's tall enough.....

Mr. Pink
08-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Think Edwards can play TE too? He's tall enough.....

Well we could just play Roscoe at QB and have him and Fred Jackson run the option offense.

gr8slayer
08-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Well we could just play Roscoe at QB and have him and Fred Jackson run the option offense.
Didn't Parrish play QB in high school? As long as it works in Madden who cares.

losman420
08-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Well we could just play Roscoe at QB and have him and Fred Jackson run the option offense.LOL Roscoe at QB, now that funny.

Throne Logic
08-30-2008, 05:38 PM

Anderson has at least been through a training camp and is in game shape. Who knows what kind of shape Peters is in. Judging by his recent display of decision making, I'm betting he's a couple months away from it.

I've been wondering right along if Peters hasn't shown up because he's is poor condition.

At this point, I'm considering Peters a write off for this season. Even if he shows up, he isn't going to be up to snuff until at least mid-season. If he holds out until week 10, well then, what's the point?

All that said, don't overpay Anderson - he's definitely on the down side of his career.

TigerJ
08-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I think the Bills ought to at least talk to Willie Anderson. If Anderson doesn't like the Bills offer, he'll sit and see what his market value is. If his market value is higher than what the Bills want to pay, the Bills have lost nothing by talking to him.

Turf
08-30-2008, 06:35 PM
You can never have enough good linemen. I hope they look into it.

The Jokeman
08-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Another cheaper and viable option is to sign OT Todd Wade, as he's been a career spot starter at right OT. While I'd much rather have Walker stay at right OT if we're going to look for guys to replace Kirk Chambers I think Wade be an upgrade and if and when Peters returns would give us a solid backup. Granted he's only played right OT but Chambers does have a little more flexibility in does play both sides.

Night Train
08-30-2008, 06:54 PM
I want a vet OT and he's one of the ones.

Kerr
08-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Agreed. If they plan on moving on without Peters this year, then maybe a one year deal would be worth it. Anderson at RT and Walker at LT at least for this year until Peters figures out what he wants to do next year.