PDA

View Full Version : Kenyatta Walker arrested

Ron C.
04-26-2003, 09:52 PM
Buccaneers' Walker arrested, released

Posted: Saturday April 26, 2003 7:02 PM
Updated: Saturday April 26, 2003 7:02 PM

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive lineman Kenyatta Walker was arrested early Saturday and charged with disorderly conduct outside a nightclub in the Ybor City entertainment district.

Police said the second-year pro exchanged words with staff from the nightclub Prana after being asked to leave. He was taken to Hillsborough County jail and later released on his own recognizance.

"I am extremely sorry that my actions may bring any embarrassment to my coaches, teammates or our organization," Walker said in a statement issued by the team.

Bucs general manager Rich McKay said it would be inappropriate to comment on the arrest "until this matter progresses through the legal system."

Walker is the second member of the Super Bowl champions to be arrested in the past two weeks. Defensive back Dwight Smith was charged with brandishing a handgun at another motorist April 16.

Ron C.
04-26-2003, 09:56 PM
I confess, I was one of the non-believers when TD traded our #1 pick to Tampa for ONLY Nate Clements, Travis Henry and Brandon Spoon. So this time, I defer to TD's genius. (even though I wanted W. Joseph).

colin
04-26-2003, 09:56 PM
That loser is such a homo

Devin
04-26-2003, 10:24 PM
errmmmm well I dont know about his sexual preferences but id deffo agree we got the better end of the deal.