Players cut that the Bills might want to look at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players cut that the Bills might want to look at?

Here are some players who have been cut as teams pair down their rosters who the Bills might want to take a long look at IMO

QB. Andre Woodson (Rookie)
    With JP in his final season, he could be brought in as a 3rd QB and long-term back up for Trent

WR. -
    We're pretty deep here

RB: -

FB. Kris Wilson
    A TE/FB who is possibly a better player than Schoumann and would also be an upgrade at FB

OL. Charles Spencer
    Suffered injuries in his career but only 26 and a load at G. Has also demonstrated the feet for LT

OL. Doug Datish
    Another guy who can play across the line - a possible long term replacement for Fowler, but has played everywhere. Hampered by injuries but only 25.

DL. Dan Bazuin
    A Schobel clone who can provide better depth than we currently have and considering our injury problems at DE, worth bringing onboard

DL. Dre Moore (Rookie)
    Not the best start to his pro career with conditioning issues but only 23 and players of his natural ability are few and far between. Maybe a practice squader to start but done the road .........

LB. Tim Shaw
    Former team-mate of Poz who can play inside and out. Decent depth behind Crowell

DB.
    We have as much depth as anyone here.

Most of these guys are initially depth or long term prospects but I would like to see them under a Bills contract
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Players cut that the Bills might want to look at?

Wasn't Dre Moore the guy you were absolutely obsessed about getting during the draft?
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by hydrosmak
      Wasn't Dre Moore the guy you were absolutely obsessed about getting during the draft?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

C Mike Flynn

Isn't LaCharles Bentley out there? What's wrong with him anyway?

OT Willie Anderson

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          C Mike Flynn

OT Willie Anderson
          What's wrong with Bentley? He has serious knee issues.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

I'd give Woodson a shot. He's got good acuracy and arm strength. Has mechanial issues on his motion and delivery time.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bravo82
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              C Mike Flynn

OT Willie Anderson
              id give willie anderson a look too....

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                I'd give Woodson a shot. He's got good acuracy and arm strength. Has mechanial issues on his motion and delivery time.
                You and I both know that hes got mechanical issues that are likely to not ever be fixed. At that point what the hell CAN he do? Run?

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                  Here are some players who have been cut as teams pair down their rosters who the Bills might want to take a long look at IMO

QB. Andre Woodson (Rookie)
                  With JP in his final season, he could be brought in as a 3rd QB and long-term back up for Trent

WR. -
                  We're pretty deep here

RB: -

FB. Kris Wilson
                  A TE/FB who is possibly a better player than Schoumann and would also be an upgrade at FB

OL. Charles Spencer
                  Suffered injuries in his career but only 26 and a load at G. Has also demonstrated the feet for LT

OL. Doug Datish
                  Another guy who can play across the line - a possible long term replacement for Fowler, but has played everywhere. Hampered by injuries but only 25.

DL. Dan Bazuin
                  A Schobel clone who can provide better depth than we currently have and considering our injury problems at DE, worth bringing onboard

DL. Dre Moore (Rookie)
                  Not the best start to his pro career with conditioning issues but only 23 and players of his natural ability are few and far between. Maybe a practice squader to start but done the road .........

LB. Tim Shaw
                  Former team-mate of Poz who can play inside and out. Decent depth behind Crowell

DB.
                  We have as much depth as anyone here.

Most of these guys are initially depth or long term prospects but I would like to see them under a Bills contract
                  Why not Justin Peele? To bad Dominique Byrd is such a loser off the field.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Poor mans Vince Young, all the tools, none of the brain. I'll pass.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bravo82
                      id give willie anderson a look too....
                      Anderson would cost us almost what Walker is costing us now, we'd be better served using that money to give Peters his extension. We'd also likely get into a bidding war with a team thin at OT like St. Louis or Detroit.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

i cant believe that shaw got cut. wow. did he really suck that bad in camp? he was a first day pick correct?
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          i cant believe that shaw got cut. wow. did he really suck that bad in camp? he was a first day pick correct?
                          5th rounder. Just slow to the ball. You're thinking of Dan Connor.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

no.. i know connor dropped and i wanted him.. but shaw actually did really well at the combine. i guess i never really followed where he was drafted.. but he was a big guy who had more speed than they expected. if i remember correctly, he had a really good bench and a good shuttle.. he was projected as a strong side LB because of his size.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              no.. i know connor dropped and i wanted him.. but shaw actually did really well at the combine. i guess i never really followed where he was drafted.. but he was a big guy who had more speed than they expected. if i remember correctly, he had a really good bench and a good shuttle.. he was projected as a strong side LB because of his size.
                              He, much like Posluszny, is an instinctive LB but has horrible hip movement and is always a half second too late. When you play LB it's all in the hips.

Comment

Working...
                              X