PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Bills cut by their new teams

Mr. Miyagi
08-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Triplett just got cut by the Seahawks. Looks like we weren't the only ones who realize that he sucks.

Mr. Miyagi
08-31-2008, 09:11 AM
So did Kiwaukee Thomas by the Lions.

Mitchy moo
08-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Oops.

Mr. Miyagi
08-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Jason Webster cut by the Pats.

Mr. Miyagi
08-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Vikings cut WR Martin Nance. We all liked him when we picked him up as UDFA.

Tatonka
08-31-2008, 09:21 AM
nance had a solid preseason as well. interesting.

Tatonka
08-31-2008, 09:22 AM
we made tripplett a multimillionaire for doing his job below average. wow.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2008, 09:45 AM
we made tripplett a multimillionaire for doing his job below average. wow.

In Marv we trust.

Anybody notice how bad he sucked in FA. Polian he is not.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2008, 09:55 AM
In Marv we trust.

Anybody notice how bad he sucked in FA. Polian he is not.
I think his first FA period - Triplett, Royal, Fowler et. al. - was shaky. But he really impoved the O line last year with Dockery, Walker and Whittle. I'd give him a B- in free agent signings, but his two drafts were better.

The Spaz
08-31-2008, 09:57 AM
I think his first FA period - Triplett, Royal, Fowler et. al. - was shaky. But he really impoved the O line last year with Dockery, Walker and Whittle. I'd give him a B- in free agent signings, but his two drafts were better.

Add in Edwards (hopefully) and Lynch and another hopefully in Poz and maybe Whitner.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2008, 09:58 AM

I think you forgot about Price, Nall, Hargrove, and a few others...

When you sign guys for fairly big money and they end up not playing again in the league that can't be good.

The Spaz
08-31-2008, 10:10 AM

When you sign guys for fairly big money and they end up not playing again in the league that can't be good.

Hargrove we traded for I think it was like a 5th or 6th round draft pick. He was decent until his recent offield issues.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2008, 10:14 AM

Yeah, and I think there were Matt Bowen and a few other disasters, too. As I said, Marv's first free agent signing period was not too productive. I think the Bills went more for depth, and took a flier on several guys, which didn't work out well. Hargrove, though, was a midseason pickup with some ability but a 10 cent brain.

Dr. Lecter
08-31-2008, 10:15 AM

Nall was not big money and Hargrove was a trade who played at his expected levels for two years.

Sadly, he is dumber than shoe leather.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Nall was not big money and Hargrove was a trade who played at his expected levels for two years.

Sadly, he is dumber than shoe leather.

I grouped Hargrove in the same non-draft pick group. I believe Hargrove was the only one we brought in as a trade so i lumped him in. Nall was paid 7 figures to come here. Look it up.

Dr. Lecter
08-31-2008, 10:34 AM
7 figures is hardly big money anymore in this league.

Look it up.

His first FA class was weak, but Nall was hardly big money.

justasportsfan
08-31-2008, 11:11 AM

ALL gm's bring in players when they take over a team and then end up cutting them at some point. Even POLIAN. It's a nromal occurance during rebuilding. This is why it takes an average of 3 years to rebuild a team especially when you are going with a different system both defensively and offensively.

Don't forget that while TD left us with a good cap when Marv took over, the CBA free'd up cap that allowed teams that were in cap jail to compete with the bills for prime FA players.

patmoran2006
08-31-2008, 11:27 AM
7 figures is hardly big money anymore in this league.

Look it up.

His first FA class was weak, but Nall was hardly big money.
a $1.3 million signing bonus for a third string quarterback is a joke.

Marv's 2006 class on the whole was deplorable. Less than 3 seasons later, only 3 of the 14 free agents we signed our still with the Bills.

To his credit, Levy learned from his mistakes and did a much better job in 2007 with Dockery and Whittle; showing FA shouldn't be about quantity.

raphael120
08-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Hold on, lemme take off my red tinted glasses and "I "heart" Marv" t-shirt. So he's NOT untouchable? I mean...we can call Marv out for a horrid FA in '06? I mean, we still have 1 year left to find out to see how big of a flop the '06 draft was. If Whitner, Youboty, Simpson, and McCargo don't step it up, I think you can say the '06 draft was no better than Donadopes '03 draft.

The Jokeman
08-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Have we also forgot that SS Matt Bowen was part of Marv's first free agent class as well?

hydro
08-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Have we also forgot that SS Matt Bowen was part of Marv's first free agent class as well?
Nope...

Yeah, and I think there were Matt Bowen and a few other disasters, too. As I said, Marv's first free agent signing period was not too productive. I think the Bills went more for depth, and took a flier on several guys, which didn't work out well. Hargrove, though, was a midseason pickup with some ability but a 10 cent brain.

Lexwhat
08-31-2008, 01:48 PM
In other news: Terrance Pennington (Falcons) was cut yesterday.

He was the 7th Round Pick we drafted in 2006, and he started a handful of games for us. We cut him after the season though.

hydro
08-31-2008, 01:53 PM
In other news: Terrance Pennington (Falcons) was cut yesterday.

He was the 7th Round Pick we drafted in 2006, and he started a handful of games for us. We cut him after the season though.

DB said he was looking good... :scratch:

Lexwhat
08-31-2008, 02:02 PM
DB said he was looking good... :scratch:

I thought I remembered someone saying that. I was even surprised when we cut him last year, after he started so many games for us.

By the way, here's the link showing T.Pennington being cut:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2008/08/21-30/Birds_make_roster_moves_to_reach_53-man_limit.aspx