PDA

View Full Version : Im pretty happy about one thing with this team

X-Era
08-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Call me a homer, Kool-Aid drinker, whatever...

Im actually really happy with the depth of this squad!

I feel like we have quality depth pretty much across the board. Its one of the fringe benefits from so many injuries last year; we got a ton of young players alot of playing time.

I really like our depth in our secondary, and WR corp. At QB, we have two guys that have won games as a starter. At RB we have Jackson who is a great change of pace to Lynch. On the OL, we have young guys with talent, Bell and Chambers looked very good in the preseason. The change to the lineup on the OL due to Peters looks to be working well, the Bills did really well on the OL. That bodes well if Peters does play and becomes injured, we have and experienced option that has played well.

I like our DL depth, I think we will see guys like Bryan and Ellis getting sacks for us this year in pass rush situations.

Across the board, we have loads of youngsters who can only get better, but also have experience.

Im not sure we have had this much depth in many years.

I think we can weather some injuries if they occur.

mayotm
08-31-2008, 02:25 PM
This team is certainly deeper than it's been for the past several seasons. However, I am concerned about the OL depth even if Peters plays.

X-Era
08-31-2008, 02:29 PM
This team is certainly deeper than it's been for the past several seasons. However, I am concerned about the OL depth even if Peters plays.Why?

If we lose any interior lineman, we have Preston and Whittle. If we lose Walker, we have Chambers who looked very good actually.

If Peters plays and we lose him, we now have a semi-proven backup plan.

gr8slayer
08-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Why?

If we lose any interior lineman, we have Preston and Whittle. If we lose Walker, we have Chambers who looked very good actually.

If Peters plays and we lose him, we now have a semi-proven backup plan.
I'd have to disagree with all points on this post. I'm worried about our depth too but I'm going to hope/assume that we won't lose anyone.

mayotm
08-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Why?

If Peters plays and we lose him, we now have a semi-proven backup plan.Whittle hasn't been healthy for two years. Preston is average at best. Chambers has been fine during the pre-season, but hasn't shown much in the past.

Homegrown
08-31-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm concerned about LB depth.

Corto??? Seriously????

Mitchell55
08-31-2008, 02:52 PM

I feel like we have quality depth pretty much across the board. Its one of the fringe benefits from so many injuries last year; we got a ton of young players alot of playing time.

I really like our depth in our secondary, and WR corp. At QB, we have two guys that have won games as a starter. At RB we have Jackson who is a great change of pace to Lynch. On the OL, we have young guys with talent, Bell and Chambers looked very good in the preseason. The change to the lineup on the OL due to Peters looks to be working well, the Bills did really well on the OL. That bodes well if Peters does play and becomes injured, we have and experienced option that has played well.

I like our DL depth, I think we will see guys like Bryan and Ellis getting sacks for us this year in pass rush situations.

Across the board, we have loads of youngsters who can only get better, but also have experience.

When you have injuries that we did, you will be certain to have solid depth. We had a backup from just about every position start for us last year. Also, each player on our team other than some OL had at least 15 snaps.

Nighthawk
08-31-2008, 03:14 PM

Our OL depth is terrible and our backup LBs are brutal. I'd say this team needs to address these positions and quickly!

Mitchell55
08-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Our OL depth is terrible and our backup LBs are brutal. I'd say this team needs to address these positions and quickly!

LBs are good. Ellison is a could be starter, Digi would be a starter on alot of teams, and Corto is like Wire. Overall, it isnt bad. We may need another Ellison type LB still.

Nighthawk
08-31-2008, 03:30 PM
LBs are good. Ellison is a could be starter, Digi would be a starter on alot of teams, and Corto is like Wire. Overall, it isnt bad. We may need another Ellison type LB still.

You're on crack! Ellison is undersized, DiGiorgio wouldn't make another team's roster and Corto is basically a joke. No, the LB's are not good.

gr8slayer
08-31-2008, 03:31 PM
You're on crack! Ellison is undersized, DiGiorgio wouldn't make another team's roster and Corto is basically a joke. No, the LB's are not good.
Meh, aside from Corto I would feel comfortable with the other two for a couple of games, but not as starters.

Nighthawk
08-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Meh, aside from Corto I would feel comfortable with the other two for a couple of games, but not as starters.

Exactly! It's OK if they have to come in for 1 or 2 plays, but we are in BIG trouble if they need to start. That is what I don't get about this organization...do they actually think about the fact that these guys might have to fill in if somebody gets hurt???

Mitchell55
08-31-2008, 04:01 PM

1st. Dont insult. 2nd, Ellison maybe undersized, but he can start. Hes not as bad as people give him credit for. Digi was number 20 in tackles last year. He is a starter. Digi was probably our 3rd best player on D last year other than Greer and Crowell. Corto cant be called a joke, but cant be called a backup either. We need someone to be above Corto.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Haven't we crapped on Corto enough? Couldn't we at least give him a chance to show what he can do? The whining about him is bordering on the irrational.

Mitchell55
08-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Haven't we crapped on Corto enough? Couldn't we at least give him a chance to show what he can do? The whining about him is bordering on the irrational.

Agree 100%. Corto is basically Coy Wire, and Wire is loved on these boards.

Nighthawk
08-31-2008, 05:52 PM

It's not just Corto...DiGiorgio & Ellison both are mediocre backups as well. I don't hate Corto, I hate the fact that if something happens to our starting LBs, then our defense will go down the toilet.

Homegrown
08-31-2008, 05:58 PM
It's not just Corto...DiGiorgio & Ellison both are mediocre backups as well. I don't hate Corto, I hate the fact that if something happens to our starting LBs, then our defense will go down the toilet.

Hey, never let reason get in the way of an emotional arguement.:D:

On the "other board" I used to slam my head against the wall arguing with guys who were members of the Coy Wire cult.

Lets say, the Bills lose Poz & Mitchell to IR....more DiGi & Corto?? Isn't one definition of insanity doing the same thing time & time again, and expecting a different result?