Since Peters is a current Pro-bowler and playing the hardest position in the NFL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Since Peters is a current Pro-bowler and playing the hardest position in the NFL...

Maybe he deserves a raise, regardless of team policy. The players earn 60.5 percent of the profit, so technically speaking they are the bosses of the team. Whoever gets paid the most in the company usually has the best skills and the most talent, which pretty much describes Peters.

Technically Peters is in charge of the Bills and is a majority owner as deserves to get paid like one.
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Re: Since Peters is a current Pro-bowler and playing the hardest position in the NFL...

Try staying home from your job for 2 monthes..........then ask your boss for a raise!

Let me know how it works out.
    Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Re: Since Peters is a current Pro-bowler and playing the hardest position in the NFL...

I don't think too many people will disagree with you; I think it's his tactics that most disagree with.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THE SLAMMER
        Try staying home from your job for 2 monthes..........then ask your boss for a raise!

Let me know how it works out.
        Works well in the NFL; again, comparing the NFL to your job is just short of ignorant. It's a completely different set of rules.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Re: Since Peters is a current Pro-bowler and playing the hardest position in the NFL.

Originally posted by gr8slayer
          I don't think too many people will disagree with you; I think it's his tactics that most disagree with.
          Every 4 years or so a player on the Bills outplays his contract. The Bills used to pay our best players all the money and we would win or put great teams together. Over the past 10 years or so, RW justified not paying our best players and shipping them off for nothing. I am sick of being 2nd in the division and having to hear about the Pats 24/7.

I am offically changing my stance to F-you Ralph, pay the man what he is worth. This BS of covering for Ralph is over, I want results now. Peters will keep Trent alot healthier than Walker and give us a better chance to make the Playoffs. 56,000 season tickets sold and the highest TV share even during scrimmage games showed him we are 100% behind the product, so the owner should be as well. Pay Peters, pass the Bills on to a local group that can keep them local and take a dirt nap.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Re: Since Peters is a current Pro-bowler and playing the hardest position in the NFL.

Originally posted by Skooby
            Every 4 years or so a player on the Bills outplays his contract. The Bills used to pay our best players all the money and we would win or put great teams together. Over the past 10 years or so, RW justified not paying our best players and shipping them off for nothing. I am sick of being 2nd in the division and having to hear about the Pats 24/7.

I am offically changing my stance to F-you Ralph, pay the man what he is worth. This BS of covering for Ralph is over, I want results now. Peters will keep Trent alot healthier than Walker and give us a better chance to make the Playoffs. 56,000 season tickets sold and the highest TV share even during scrimmage games showed him we are 100% behind the product, so the owner should be as well. Pay Peters, pass the Bills on to a local group that can keep them local and take a dirt nap.
            I couldn't agree more.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Technically Peters is in charge of the Bills and is a majority owner as deserves to get paid like one.

Huh?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Novacane
                Huh?
                Peters started off in the mail room and worked his way into the top of the team. The players currently have 60.5 % of all the income coming in with probably a little more on the way, so who is in charge of the team?? You can tell me me Russ Brandon or his team but that is BS. If we shipped Peters away the Pats would probably pick him up and go 19-0, we just can't let that happen. Pay the majority owner of the team his fair share, a majority.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                  • Feb 2008

Lets say this. You are at a job, you are the most important position but you are having a very low paycheck. You dont leave and hope for it, because then your fired, you work very hard until the boss notices you and gives you a raise.

You should figure out how it fits in the JP situation.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                    • Mar 2005

I would put QB as the hardest position

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                      Which seems to be the point some are missing. Nobody in their right mind would argue that Peters isn't underpaid. It's been stated about a million times. Not sure we needed yet another thread stating the same thing.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                        • Apr 2004

Re: Since this horse has been officially been beaten to DEATH, I propose a moratorium on new Peters threads unless and until there's some actual news. Second?
                        finsrclowns

Comment

• mayotm
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by finsrclowns
                          Re: Since this horse has been officially been beaten to DEATH, I propose a moratorium on new Peters threads unless and until there's some actual news. Second?
                          second, third and fourth.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Maybe he deserves a raise, regardless of team policy. The players earn 60.5 percent of the profit, so technically speaking they are the bosses of the team. Whoever gets paid the most in the company usually has the best skills and the most talent, which pretty much describes Peters.

No, Peters is a contract employee of the Bills. He is neither an owner, nor in charge.

He is in violation of his contract and is being treated exactly like any employee who completely fails to work for or communicate with his employer, or to honor the terms of his contract.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              No, Peters is a contract employee of the Bills. He is neither an owner, nor in charge.

He is in violation of his contract and is being treated exactly like any employee who completely fails to work for or communicate with his employer, or to honor the terms of his contract.
                              If Peters misses work it hurts the team, he is really irreplaceable. They asked Parcells what he is going to do now that his LT tackle is hurt when he coached the Jets, he got really upset and said I just go to the LT store. We need him back on the line.

Comment

Working...
                              X