PDA

View Full Version : CHAD JACKSON

Mitchell55
08-31-2008, 04:11 PM
I dont know how many people remember him, but he had so much hype going into the draft and is 6-3. Pats never do well with rookie recievers and they never gave him a shot. As soon as they drafted him he was put as the 4th reciever. I loved watching him. Anyone want him?

mayotm
08-31-2008, 04:14 PM
I dont know how many people remember him, but he had so much hype going into the draft and is 6-3. Pats never do well with rookie recievers and they never gave him a shot. As soon as they drafted him he was put as the 4th reciever. I loved watching him. Anyone want him?I would be reluctant to pick up anybody this young that the Pats released. They are run far too well to unload somebody that could play.

Goobylal
08-31-2008, 04:19 PM
There as all hype about him. I knew he wouldn't make it in the NFL. No Florida WR's do.

The Spaz
08-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Can he play special teams? If not he wouldn't make this team either.

more cowbell
08-31-2008, 05:01 PM
i would take him over steve johnson...i guess?

more cowbell
08-31-2008, 05:02 PM
keep in mind they signed sam aiken and he made the roster over chad jackson...

Goobylal
08-31-2008, 05:06 PM
I wouldn't. Jackson is a stiff.

Luisito23
08-31-2008, 05:11 PM
SJ has both size and potential, CJ is horrible, no way do you wanna take him over Steve!

Night Train
08-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Wait ! I've heard of him !

Sign him at all costs !

tampabay25690
08-31-2008, 06:14 PM
He is a GATOR!!!

Mahdi
08-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Steve Johnson is going to be a go-to receiver in 1-2 years. He has great hands, great athleticism, instincts, run after catch and is clutch if you have seen him play for kentucky. I would get rid of Josh Reed before I get rid of Steve Johnson. Too much potential and he seems to have the "IT" that star players have.

DraftBoy
08-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Jackson has #1 WR potential but has injury history. I don't know that I'd take him over Steve Johnson but Id try to sign him.

Mitchell55
08-31-2008, 09:56 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5599265648880126428&ei=xFm7SLGODoO8rwL_w43kDA&q=chad+jackson&vt=lf

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5941524851562207819&ei=xFm7SLGODoO8rwL_w43kDA&q=chad+jackson&vt=lf

Mr. Pink
08-31-2008, 10:35 PM
He is a GATOR!!!

Reidel Anthony is available too!

WE GOTTA GET THESE GUYS!

Night Train
09-01-2008, 05:56 AM
Reidel Anthony is available too!

WE GOTTA GET THESE GUYS!

Sign Danny Wuerffel to throw it !

Mitchell55
09-01-2008, 12:50 PM
I would be reluctant to pick up anybody this young that the Pats released. They are run far too well to unload somebody that could play.

That pats have been the best team in the league the past 6 years, and only use 2 of those draft picks. If you get drafted by them, your career is over. The only 2 players that I know still play for them are Merriweather and Maroney. Weather isnt even used much.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2008, 01:07 PM
That pats have been the best team in the league the past 6 years, and only use 2 of those draft picks. If you get drafted by them, your career is over. The only 2 players that I know still play for them are Merriweather and Maroney. Weather isnt even used much.

Outside of you know... Gostokowski, J. Green, Hobbs, Koppen, Light, Mankins, Watson, Wilfork.

Which doesn't even mention Brady or Faulk or Seymour or Bruschi.

But yeah, they don't keep the guys they draft and their careers are done.

BTW Bryant was cut because they liked a rookie they drafted this year better than him in Terrence Wheatley.

Before making a point, make sure to check the facts before you come off as unintelligent.

Mitchell55
09-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Outside of you know... Gostokowski, J. Green, Hobbs, Koppen, Light, Mankins, Watson, Wilfork.

Which doesn't even mention Brady or Faulk or Seymour or Bruschi.

But yeah, they don't keep the guys they draft and their careers are done.

BTW Bryant was cut because they liked a rookie they drafted this year better than him in Terrence Wheatley.

Before making a point, make sure to check the facts before you come off as unintelligent.

Faulk wasnt drafted 6 years ago, niether did Brady, Green, Seymour, Bruschi. That leaves Wilfork, Gos, OL, Watson, and Hobbs. Thats 9 players they have used in the last 6 years. Hobbs isnt even used that much.

Also, didnt Light I think get in trouble for steroids and they were ready to replace 1 of them because of the superbowl?

NE has not been good at making great tallent since Brady.

If your going to hate on a post, read it 1st.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Jarvis Green was drafted in 02...which would be in your 6 year window.

And if they are so bad at evaluating talent through the draft, why is pretty much their entire O-line drafted in your time frame? 3 of the 4 starting players in the secondary drafted in your time frame? Starting RB drafted in your time frame? Kicker drafted in your time frame?

I wish the Bills were as bad as the Pats in evaluating college prospects and making talent as you put it.

Way to be informed!

Mitchell55
09-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Jarvis Green was drafted in 02...which would be in your 6 year window.

And if they are so bad at evaluating talent through the draft, why is pretty much their entire O-line drafted in your time frame? 3 of the 4 starting players in the secondary drafted in your time frame? Starting RB drafted in your time frame? Kicker drafted in your time frame?

I wish the Bills were as bad as the Pats in evaluating college prospects and making talent as you put it.

Way to be informed!

There starter is O'Neal. 3 of the 5 were drafted in the time frame and 2 were dominated in the superbowl, and the other got arrested this offseason.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2008, 01:56 PM
There starter is O'Neal. 3 of the 5 were drafted in the time frame and 2 were dominated in the superbowl, and the other got arrested this offseason.

5 of 11 offensive players drafted in your time frame...Koppen, Kaczur, Mankins, Watson, Maroney....and another was a UDFA that Miami gave up on before he played a down in the NFL and the Pats picked up in Billy Yates.

7 of 11 on defensive players drafted in your time frame...Warren, Wilfork, Green, Meyo, Hobbs, Wheatley, Sanders.

So it's 12 of 22 of their starters that were drafted by them with one guy that they picked up as a rookie off waivers in there.

Merriweather backs up Harrison...shocking that he wouldn't start over him,, isn't it?

So where exactly is New England the place where draft picks die? Or where haven't they developed talent since Brady? Since if you go back to when Brady was drafted you get to add in Seymour and Light to the argument that they've developed talent since Brady. Both were drafted a year after Brady was.

Mitchell55
09-01-2008, 02:27 PM
5 of 11 offensive players drafted in your time frame...Koppen, Kaczur, Mankins, Watson, Maroney....and another was a UDFA that Miami gave up on before he played a down in the NFL and the Pats picked up in Billy Yates.

7 of 11 on defensive players drafted in your time frame...Warren, Wilfork, Green, Meyo, Hobbs, Wheatley, Sanders.

So it's 12 of 22 of their starters that were drafted by them with one guy that they picked up as a rookie off waivers in there.

Merriweather backs up Harrison...shocking that he wouldn't start over him,, isn't it?

So where exactly is New England the place where draft picks die? Or where haven't they developed talent since Brady? Since if you go back to when Brady was drafted you get to add in Seymour and Light to the argument that they've developed talent since Brady. Both were drafted a year after Brady was.

Meyo, Wheatley, Green, and Hobbs dont start. But I get what you mean. It seems like all those players have been here for the last 10 years. Light, Mankins, and Kaczur seem like they have been here for a long time.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Meyo, Wheatley, Green, and Hobbs dont start. But I get what you mean. It seems like all those players have been here for the last 10 years. Light, Mankins, and Kaczur seem like they have been here for a long time.

Meyo is a starting ILB when in the 3-4, Green is an end when they play 4-3 or a variation of it.

Wheatley and Hobbs are their starting corners now.

Ickybaluky
09-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Your ignorance of the Patriots is somewhat amusing. Personally, I could care less if they get a player in the draft, FA, trade or any other manner... but the Pats have developed the vast majority of their roster themselves, mixing in a few FA.

OL: The starting OL of Light-Mankins-Koppen-Neal-Kaczur was drafted other than Neal, who was an undrafted player they developed on their PS. Backups Billy Yates (starting while Neal is on the PUP), Russ Hochstein Wesley Britt and Dan Connelly were guys cut by other teams that the Pats developed as younger players. Ryan O'Callaghan, currently on IR, was a drafted player who has started games for them in the past.

TE: Top 2 guys were drafted by the Pats, Ben Watson and David Thomas.

WR: Moss and Welker were traded for using draft picks (which is shrewd use of draft picks, IMO). Jabar Gaffney, Kelly Washington and Sam Aiken were FA. Ray Ventrone and C.J. Jones were PS'ers they developed.

QB: Brady, Cassell and O'Connell were all draft picks.

RB: Maroney and Faulk were draft picks. Jordan, Sammy Morris and Heath Evans were signed as FA or when other teams released them.

DL: The starting unit of Seymour, Wilfork and Warren were all drafted in the 1st round. Top backups Jarvis Green (who would start on a lot of teams) was a draft pick, Mike Wright was a undrafted player who made the team and LeKevin Smith was a late draft pick.

LB: Both starting ILB, Bruschi and Jarod Mayo were draft picks. The starting OLB, Vrable and Adalius Thomas, were FA. Backups Pierre Woods, Eric Alexander, Gary Guyton and Shawn Crable were either drafted or undrafted players who made the team. Larry Izzo, the ST captain, was a FA.

DB: 3 of the 4 starters, Ellis Hobbs, Tyrone Wheatley and James Sanders were drafted. The lone exception is Rodney Harrison, a FA. Backups Jonathan Wilhite, Brandon Meriweather and Matthew Slater were all drafted. Lewis Sanders and Deltha O'Neal were FA or cut by other teams.

ST: K Stephen Goskowski and LS Lonie Paxton were both drafted or undrafted players who made the team. P Chris Hanson was a FA.

Not that it really matters, but keep in mind guys like Asante Samuel, Deion Branch, David Givens, Randall Gay, Willie McGinest, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Dan Graham, Damien Woody and Tully Banta-Cain were all guys farmed out of the draft by the Patriots that went on to sign big contracts elsewhere. I may be missing more, but they deserve credit for deleloping players other people want.

Also, keep in mind it is harder for a draft pick to make the Pats in the past few years than other teams, because they have had a lot of good players.

In the end, none of it matters. They have built a good team. They have a pretty good track record of developing guys. Just like you have a track record that speaks for itself.

I'm not sure how you named Deltha O'Neal the starter. They signed him today. He doesn't even know their calls yet.

Mitchell55
09-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Your ignorance of the Patriots is somewhat amusing. Personally, I could care less if they get a player in the draft, FA, trade or any other manner... but the Pats have developed the vast majority of their roster themselves, mixing in a few FA.

OL: The starting OL of Light-Mankins-Koppen-Neal-Kaczur was drafted other than Neal, who was an undrafted player they developed on their PS. Backups Billy Yates (starting while Neal is on the PUP), Russ Hochstein Wesley Britt and Dan Connelly were guys cut by other teams that the Pats developed as younger players. Ryan O'Callaghan, currently on IR, was a drafted player who has started games for them in the past.

TE: Top 2 guys were drafted by the Pats, Ben Watson and David Thomas.

WR: Moss and Welker were traded for using draft picks (which is shrewd use of draft picks, IMO). Jabar Gaffney, Kelly Washington and Sam Aiken were FA. Ray Ventrone and C.J. Jones were PS'ers they developed.

QB: Brady, Cassell and O'Connell were all draft picks.

RB: Maroney and Faulk were draft picks. Jordan, Sammy Morris and Heath Evans were signed as FA or when other teams released them.

DL: The starting unit of Seymour, Wilfork and Warren were all drafted in the 1st round. Top backups Jarvis Green (who would start on a lot of teams) was a draft pick, Mike Wright was a undrafted player who made the team and LeKevin Smith was a late draft pick.

LB: Both starting ILB, Bruschi and Jarod Mayo were draft picks. The starting OLB, Vrable and Adalius Thomas, were FA. Backups Pierre Woods, Eric Alexander, Gary Guyton and Shawn Crable were either drafted or undrafted players who made the team. Larry Izzo, the ST captain, was a FA.

DB: 3 of the 4 starters, Ellis Hobbs, Tyrone Wheatley and James Sanders were drafted. The lone exception is Rodney Harrison, a FA. Backups Jonathan Wilhite, Brandon Meriweather and Matthew Slater were all drafted. Lewis Sanders and Deltha O'Neal were FA or cut by other teams.

ST: K Stephen Goskowski and LS Lonie Paxton were both drafted or undrafted players who made the team. P Chris Hanson was a FA.

Not that it really matters, but keep in mind guys like Asante Samuel, Deion Branch, David Givens, Randall Gay, Willie McGinest, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Dan Graham, Damien Woody and Tully Banta-Cain were all guys farmed out of the draft by the Patriots that went on to sign big contracts elsewhere. I may be missing more, but they deserve credit for deleloping players other people want.

Also, keep in mind it is harder for a draft pick to make the Pats in the past few years than other teams, because they have had a lot of good players.

In the end, none of it matters. They have built a good team. They have a pretty good track record of developing guys. Just like you have a track record that speaks for itself.

I'm not sure how you named Deltha O'Neal the starter. They signed him today. He doesn't even know their calls yet.

Deltha O'neal should be the starter. Hes the only good CB they have now. In red. I agree 100%.

Ickybaluky
09-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Deltha O'neal should be the starter. Hes the only good CB they have now. In red. I agree 100%.

Not for nothing, but it is kind of comical for a Bills fan to be talking trash. I mean, the Pats almost scored in triple-digits in 2 games against the Bills last year and the Bills have won one game against NE in the last 7 seasons. That is 1-13 in that period of time.

That isn't exactly a position of strength in the trash-talking dept, No?

Mitchell55
09-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Not for nothing, but it is kind of comical for a Bills fan to be talking trash. I mean, the Pats almost scored in triple-digits in 2 games against the Bills last year and the Bills have won one game against NE in the last 7 seasons. That is 1-13 in that period of time.

That isn't exactly a position of strength in the trash-talking dept, No?

Dude, CB is your weakest position. Its not trash, it fact.

RingofFire
09-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Sanders is starting over O'neil. He is far more talented cover corner.

gr8slayer
09-01-2008, 09:06 PM
No offense, but anyone talking down to the Patriots when it comes to talent evaluation has his head lodged in his sphincter. There is no better team at making chicken soup out of chicken ****. I WISH we were as bad as they are at evaluating talent.

gr8slayer
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Dude, CB is your weakest position. Its not trash, it fact.
And you know what? Their CB corps will still perform better than 3/4th's of the league; how can you seriously question anything Belichick does?