PDA

View Full Version : Evans "misspoke" when talking about his contract earlier....

gr8slayer
08-31-2008, 04:21 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0...t-mailbag.html

Tim Graham: My sources tell me Evans misspoke when he said early in training camp he was close to signing his extension. But I don't know if anything is imminent. Things can happen quickly, and if both sides are determined to get the deal done before the regular season begins, they will.

Great..

Luisito23
08-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah this has already been posted JediJerryJones, no need to rub it in!....:poop:

gr8slayer
08-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah this has already been posted JediJerryJones, no need to rub it in!....:poop:
I didn't see it and JediJerryJones is actually a different person :up:

mikemac2001
09-01-2008, 08:27 AM
haha i thought it was you also gr8

patmoran2006
09-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I think its discraceful if this organization leaves all this cap room and toronto revenue on the table and doesn't extend Evans by the time this season starts.

Letting Crowell play his final year out is one thing, even standing firm on Peters is another.. But there is no excuse to not have Evans locked up right now.

Typ0
09-01-2008, 12:49 PM
this is cash to the cap economics.

patmoran2006
09-01-2008, 12:51 PM
this is cash to the cap economics.
not resigning or extending your best players is what cash to cap is?

Typ0
09-01-2008, 05:05 PM

apparently so.

Homegrown
09-01-2008, 05:08 PM

I think Marv "misspoke"; its not cash to the cap; but rather cash to the crap.

Bone
09-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Isn't this a GOOD thing?

Before the first game of the season is better then during...

3rdn1
09-01-2008, 05:39 PM
I thought reading all the other posts Peters is or best player.........should he be 1st....

HHURRICANE
09-01-2008, 07:43 PM
I'll start accepting your apologies now.

Please go back to my thread stating that nothing had happened and everyone jumped on me that a deal was imminent.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=159076

Typ0
09-01-2008, 11:53 PM
I think Marv "misspoke"; its not cash to the cap; but rather cash to the crap.

maybe Marv spoke right and the reporter thought he said cap when actually he said crap. Cash to the crap is making much more sense as time goes on that's for sure. First the Sabres and now the Bills. There is hate in the air for Buffalo.

Romes
09-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I'll start accepting your apologies now.

Please go back to my thread stating that nothing had happened and everyone jumped on me that a deal was imminent.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=159076

I went back and I didn't see anybody jumping on you that a deal was imminent. :huh:

Michael82
09-02-2008, 07:33 AM
I think its discraceful if this organization leaves all this cap room and toronto revenue on the table and doesn't extend Evans by the time this season starts.

Letting Crowell play his final year out is one thing, even standing firm on Peters is another.. But there is no excuse to not have Evans locked up right now.
I normally don't agree with you about Ralph, but for this one I do. If we don't extend Lee Evans to a long term deal with all the cash to the cap money and salary cap money that we have and let him walk after tagging him for one year, I will be extremely pissed! :mad:

TacklingDummy
09-02-2008, 07:48 AM
I normally don't agree with you about Ralph, but for this one I do. If we don't extend Lee Evans to a long term deal with all the cash to the cap money and salary cap money that we have and let him walk after tagging him for one year, I will be extremely pissed! :mad:

Just because the Bills have cash to cap/salary cap room doesn't mean they actually have the money to pay someone huge amounts all at once.

Let's think about it, Ralph is 89 years old, small market owner, how much longer is he really going to live? Now if you were 89 years old would you want to shell out $20 something million (signing bonus) to 1 person or would you keep that money and leave it to your kids?

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Just because the Bills have cash to cap/salary cap room doesn't mean they actually have the money to pay someone huge amounts all at once.

Let's think about it, Ralph is 89 years old, small market owner, how much longer is he really going to live? Now if you were 89 years old would you want to shell out $20 something million (signing bonus) to 1 person or would you keep that money and leave it to your kids?
Then sell the team to an owner who is serious about winning.

Typ0
09-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Then sell the team to an owner who is serious about winning.

but no one in WNY can afford the team so he holds on to it.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 04:32 PM
but no one in WNY can afford the team so he holds on to it.
Then WNY will soon lose the team.

Lexwhat
09-02-2008, 04:40 PM

Of course they have the money, don't get it twisted. Last year, the Bills had a payroll of $109 million, which was top 5 highest in the league.

With the Toronto deal and high season ticket sales, the cash is there.

The Spaz
09-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Last year, the Bills had a payroll of $109 million, which was top 5 highest in the league.

So how does this translate into us not wanting to spend the cash to have a winning team? I may be optimistic but we may try and sign 2-3 of our guys at once.