PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Anderson to Pats- Not gonna Happen after all

Dozerdog
08-27-2002, 04:10 PM
http://www2.mybc.com/sports/nfl/fs.cfm?source_id=CP&id=1173875

New England Patriots won't sign running back Jamal Anderson after all

FOXBORO, Mass. (AP) - Running back Jamal Anderson won't be part of the New England Patriots immediate plans, after all.
A day after Anderson's agent said a deal was all but done, coach Bill Belichick said Anderson won't be on the roster. Belichick refused to get into specifics about the decision, but said of the oft-injured back, "I don't quite think he was ready." "Maybe it will change, and maybe it won't," Belichick said. Belichick said Anderson agreed with his decision.

RedEyE
08-27-2002, 04:14 PM
I'm guessing that the quote: "I don't quite think he was ready." is refering to Anderson's pay request. First they were interested, nearly completed a contract, then all negotiations cut off. It's about pay - same problem Jamal was causing Atlanta. The guy has blown out both of his knees and still wants high dollar. I'd tell him to take a hike too.

casdhf
08-27-2002, 05:22 PM
Could be his knees are still not right

HenryRules
08-27-2002, 05:40 PM
I don't see him being signed at all. With his knees, there's no reason for him to come back unless its for high dollar. Otherwise, he's gonna be risking the ability to walk in 5 years and the reward will be peanuts. If you're an owner, why on earth would you pay someone high dollar with two bad knees who's getting up there in age. I see him retiring very soon.

Phins054
08-27-2002, 06:22 PM
When it comes to professional athletes...Its ALL about the Benjamins..

Just ask a baseball player.

RedEyE
08-27-2002, 08:13 PM
I stand corrected:

The Jamal link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1423473.html

BambinoSux
08-28-2002, 07:51 AM
It's funny. I actually think Jamal doesn't want to play because he's not sure he's ready. But you got his agent saying "The deal is still on the table, and the deal's not dead yet." If I was Jamal I'd tell this guy to shutup. Since when was it an agent's choice to when a player wants to play or not?

Earthquake Enyart
08-28-2002, 07:57 AM
Smells like a second bidder to me.

The Undertaker #59
08-28-2002, 08:19 AM
I think its just case of him not being in "football shape" yet. No reson to sign him until he is ready to play. I think the deal gets done before the opener.

Gunzlingr
08-28-2002, 10:59 AM
I think he is seeing dollar signs from Indy...