Willis Mgahee= great move,,, heres why..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

Willis Mgahee= great move,,, heres why..

Micheal Haynes and Jerome Mcdougle were already takin. Why reach for a DE that you can select in round 2? So the best available player was Mgahee. TD knew that Haynes and Mcdougle probably wouldnt be around for there selection. They signed Orlandis Gary for 2 years. One of those years is to let Mgahee recover. He could possibly see some action late in the season. So if Mgahee is ready next year Buffalo could trade Gary for a draft pick(probably a 2nd-4th round pic. Then Mgahee will most likely back up Henry if Henry re-signs.

The Bills still got a good DE. And they didnt reach for him like the Dolphins did for Eddie Moore. Mgahee is recovering very fast and im excited to see if he gets playing time this year. Mgahee will be interesting to watch at training camp.

Why call TD and the bills FO names? They brought in Spikes,Adams,Posey,Lindell.. And made a very smart move with Mgahee.
  • JefftheBillsfan
    • Jul 2002

why not Joseph!?!?!? Sam 'n' Pat aren't going to play everydown, thats for sure. Joseph could have come in and provided a pass rush in the nickel/dime packages. Or....trade down!! You could have still gotten McGahee, or someone else. How about Taylor Jacobs? Kelley Washington?
    Its all about the quest.

Comment

• BillsMan80
      Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
      • Jul 2002

Let's be honest. Rumor has it we had McGahee ranked 4th on our draft board. If he doesn't get hurt he's a Top 5 pick. You take the BPA in our situation and we did that.
      The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
      THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
        • Oct 2002

Willis Mgahee sets up possible trades for picks next year. Why not Joseph? Truthfully I thought he was a possibility. But again for Joseph at 23 was a reach. And Buffalo needs a DE more than a DT at the moment. Jacobs was also a reach and recivers can be found after the June cuts. Buffalo will probably get a WR,TE tomorrow. I like Brad Banks but thats wishful thinking. Mgahee was going in the first round. If Buffalo were trade doen from 23 they woulda had to ave a big package like 1st and probably 3rd picks to move down. So they got Mgahee still got there DE who coulda been gone in round 1. So they didnt have to trade picks and can biuld on ST and depth with remaining picks.

Comment

• Akhippo
          • Nov 2002

First everyone before the draft kept saying take the BAP. Then when they do that theres boos. And to trade down you usually have to have someone who wants to trade up. Its not like the stock market where you can just sell without seeing whos buying.
          Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

WM won't be much of a factor this year; there's already talk of putting him on PUP list until at least week 10. The competition will really heat up in 2004. I think Travis Henry is going to be traded in 2004 or 2005, before we lose him for nothing in free agency, and then WM becomes the franchise that can carry us after Drew retires. This the era of free agency, and rarely will we see a star player stay with one team for long.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• buffaloscott
              • Apr 2003

i like this pick too.TD see's something in henry that makes him unsure.Gary may not be much anymore.but no way do i see the billsgetting a pick that high for gary.What the heck Kelsey is 1st round caliabur.I had fun watching and,felt great for Willis,that kid is the real deal.He's worked hard to get back in the first round.I got nothing but respect for all parties involved.
              No as a matter of fact i don't have anything better to do!!!Dohhh!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• LABillsFan
                • Aug 2002

If TH has another good solid year in 2003-04 raising his value for picks in next years draft. With the emotion WM showed and the Bills being a team with more character than most others leads me to believe he is not trade bait. Remember last year when some were scratching their heads about the Josh Reed pick?
                I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Stewie
                  Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                  • Aug 2002

I'm thrilled with this pick 'cause:

1. Travis hasn't proved yet he won't stop fumbling the ball. Personally I think he'll be fine, but it's not proven yet.

2. You can never have too many good RB's.

3. All McGahee did was score 26 touchdowns for (I don't care what anyone in Ohio says) the best college football team in the country.

4. He was a consensus top five pick, and we got him at 23. By all accounts, his work ethic and character are just what we want in Buffalo.

5. We already have sufficient depth to keep him off the field for a year to let him rehab fully.

IMO Sammy Morris will be kept as a 3rd rb/ST captain and McGahee will not be active on gamedays this season, at least to start.
                  Originally posted by Topdog
                  Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  I love Weiner.
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  also cheese

Comment

• buckcbs26-22
                    • Mar 2003

what i did ain't ever been done, ohio is where i'm from..........bills are going to be throwin it down in 2003........

Comment

• McClane
                      • Jan 2003

I love the McGahee pick.

It reminds me of Atlanta last year.

The Falcons had Jamal Anderson (who was now healthy), they had just signed Warrick Dunn to big $$, and then they surprised everyone by drafting T.J. Duckett.

We have Henry, just signed Gary, and draft McGahee.

I think we'll have even more success with power (Henry) and speed (McGahee) than Duckett and Dunn did last year.

I wasn't surprised TD made this pick at all. I learned last year after he drafted Josh Reed, when I thought we were set at the WR position, that TD would draft the best player on the board, regardless of position.

Getting Kelsay in the 2nd Rd shouldn't be overlooked either, this guy is a 1st Rd talent.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                        • Jul 2002

No matter how this plays out, I can't see a healthy MaGahee and a healthy Henry on the same team. Too much talent, too much money. If Mcgahee recovers, he's a far greater threat than Travis.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

I am mixed on it. I am worried of the pyschological effects on Henry. Their really wasn't much out their in terms of talent worth taken at the #23 spot. A couple different scenerios could happen as a result:
                          - If Henry fixes his fumbling problems Buffalo trades WM for a top 10 pick next year during the draft.
                          - Gary is traded for a mid-round pick at the start of the 2004 season to a team that sustained an injury during training camp. WM and Henry split duties in 2004 and 2005 and if WM's leg holds up the Bills let Henry go in FA because he will command a very high salary and Buffalo will have they services of WM for a few more years without shelling out the big contract thus making it less of a burden on the salary cap.

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

I also think Mcgahee could of easily gone to either Detroit, Houston or Dallas if healthy.
                            Last edited by don137; 04-27-2003, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Billsouth
                              • Jul 2002

we did not need a DT so joseph was not an option. we already have adams, williams, edwards, and bannon who will all get serious time. also joseph had the lowest wonderlik score (7) i think ever recorded. for those who dont know, wonderlik is designed to measure football intelligence. both taylor and washington were REACHES at 23. think about it, we essentially got a gift pick at 23. if he recovers, WM could be better than thomas and be a true hall of famer. if he doesnt, no harm because no matter who we drafted, they were not going to start this year.
                              "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

Working...
                              X