PDA

View Full Version : I guess Peters didn't show up...

HHURRICANE
09-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Chris Brown already reporting from practice and no Peters mentioned so that blows.

No opinion, it just sucks that he's not here.

TacklingDummy
09-01-2008, 10:29 AM
frig him.

HHURRICANE
09-01-2008, 10:32 AM
frig him.

No matter who you think is wrong, or who should be fixing the situation, as a fan this totally blows.

Probably our best opportunity in a while to field a half way decent team and our best player isn't here.

Just sucks to be a Bills fan sometimes.

B-DON
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Sometimes? Its startin to feel like all the time.

TacklingDummy
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
There is still 53 men on the roster. The loss of Peters will hurt some but it's not the end of the world.

If the Bills offense can produce without him than it's really no great loss. It's not like the Bills offense has been this great offense with Peters playing.

HHURRICANE
09-01-2008, 10:48 AM
There is still 53 men on the roster. The loss of Peters will hurt some but it's not the end of the world.

If the Bills offense can produce without him than it's really no great loss. It's not like the Bills offense has been this great offense with Peters playing.

Since when are you the optimist?

Bills fans should prepare themsleves for a nightmare with Kirk Chambers on the right side. Walker is not athletic enough to be handling the LT position all season. This was his exact downfall in Oakland. How soon people forget.

Just wait.

PromoTheRobot
09-01-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't recall Peters being perfect last year, so I'm not one to flush this season over his fat a$$.

PTR

Meathead
09-01-2008, 10:51 AM
my spidey sense is starting to tell me peters is done with football

due to the way hes handled it, getting to this point is far more damaging to his career than the normal superstar holdout. because he has been totally incommunicative the nfl clubs will rightfully view this as chronically intransigent - illogical unreasonableness if you will. every day that ticks by now adds another gaping wound to his reliability factor for future years. that makes him tremendously more risky if he were to resurface down the road in some kind of trade scenario

his agent simply must have already given peters this message, many times over by now. this isnt brain surgery so its unconscionable if he hasnt

so its rapidly becoming most likely something else is going on. physical/mental/emotional incapacity, something like that

i believe the peters era is over my friends. viva la langston

Meathead
09-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Willie Anderson sure would look nice someplace in our OT spots now

TacklingDummy
09-01-2008, 10:56 AM

Bills fans should prepare themsleves for a nightmare with Kirk Chambers on the right side. Walker is not athletic enough to be handling the LT position all season. This was his exact downfall in Oakland. How soon people forget.

Just wait.

Im an optimist wrapped in realist.

The QB position will also have alot to do with how the offense looks. If whoever is the QB plays well than the loss of Peters won't be so noticed.

This season will depend more on how well the QB plays.

We'll see. If Peters reported today I doubt he would play Sunday anyways.

Jan Reimers
09-01-2008, 10:58 AM
so its rapidly becoming most likely something else is going on. physical/mental/emotional incapacity, something like that

I agree, and would put it in the vernacular: He's a fat, stupid, lazy jerk.

syracuse76
09-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Im an optimist wrapped in realist.

The QB position will also have alot to do with how the offense looks. If whoever is the QB plays well than the loss of Peters won't be so noticed.

This season will depend more on how well the QB plays.

We'll see. If Peters reported today I doubt he would play Sunday anyways.

you said WHOEVER.....THATS FUNNY I LIKE THAT.

jimbohastle51
09-01-2008, 11:05 AM
man we sure showed him!! we are putting our young starting QB who is recovering from injury in behind a line that has no proven LT. ya know when trent got hurt i would have been like maybe we need to work something out with peters.... then with the langston walker scare i would have contacted him and at least hammered something out. if trent goes down quick its not his fault and its not jason peters fault this is a get what you can while you can league, the only people to blame is our FO. everyone can get mad all you want but there isnt a person on this site who has ever had a chance to make 7-10 million a year or loose everything from injury. i really cant blame him for holding out. the owners and the PA agreed to this form of salary cap which has aloud this stuff to happen. our front office is there own worst enemy here.

jimbohastle51
09-01-2008, 11:05 AM
man we sure showed him!! we are putting our young starting QB who is recovering from injury in behind a line that has no proven LT. ya know when trent got hurt i would have been like maybe we need to work something out with peters.... then with the langston walker scare i would have contacted him and at least hammered something out. if trent goes down quick its not his fault and its not jason peters fault this is a get what you can while you can league, the only people to blame is our FO. everyone can get mad all you want but there isnt a person on this site who has ever had a chance to make 7-10 million a year or loose everything from injury. i really cant blame him for holding out. the owners and the PA agreed to this form of salary cap which has aloud this stuff to happen. our front office is there own worst enemy here.

PromoTheRobot
09-01-2008, 11:10 AM

Just wait.
That's why we were able to tear up the Steelers and Colts first string D. Oh right...it's only pre-season.

PTR

Tatonka
09-01-2008, 11:41 AM

due to the way hes handled it, getting to this point is far more damaging to his career than the normal superstar holdout. because he has been totally incommunicative the nfl clubs will rightfully view this as chronically intransigent - illogical unreasonableness if you will. every day that ticks by now adds another gaping wound to his reliability factor for future years. that makes him tremendously more risky if he were to resurface down the road in some kind of trade scenario

his agent simply must have already given peters this message, many times over by now. this isnt brain surgery so its unconscionable if he hasnt

you make an excellent point and it is really starting to feel like your completely right.

Tatonka
09-01-2008, 11:45 AM

12 attempts to contact peters by the bills.. no response.

this has nothing to do with the bills and their effort.

Ebenezer
09-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Is it possible that Peters thinks he can't play now that Mouse McNally is gone?

YardRat
09-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Gotta go with what you have now and deal with it. It's too bad he wasn't just given the money right from the start.

Ironic how many fans and management ***** about professional athletes getting mega-compensation for 'potential' and becoming millionaires right out of the box without 'proving' a damn thing, and then when the rare case comes along where a player has actually earned it he gets shunned.

It's nice to talk the talk, but when the opportunity gets thrown in your face you have to be willing and able to walk the walk.

Peters took on the challenge, and rose above any level that was realistically expected of him. He's held up his end of the bargain.

Bills4superbowl
09-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Im starting to think that there is more to do with this than Peters just wanting more moeny...

TacklingDummy
09-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Peters took on the challenge, and rose above any level that was realistically expected of him. He's held up his end of the bargain.

Wouldn't Peters end of the bargin be the 5 year contract he signed that has 3 years left on it?

X-Era
09-01-2008, 01:32 PM

Im really starting to think that too.

I hope he hasnt gone the route of Ricky Williams on some weird quest into the depths of his own mind (while spending most of the time out of it).

What a shame.

Im not fully behind the Bills yet, but I have drastically shifted my stance. I think Peters is ruining his career and his chances to get that big contract with every day that he sits.

methos4ever
09-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Gotta go with what you have now and deal with it. It's too bad he wasn't just given the money right from the start.

Ironic how many fans and management ***** about professional athletes getting mega-compensation for 'potential' and becoming millionaires right out of the box without 'proving' a damn thing, and then when the rare case comes along where a player has actually earned it he gets shunned.

It's nice to talk the talk, but when the opportunity gets thrown in your face you have to be willing and able to walk the walk.

The Bills took a raw, raw TE, developed him into a RT, then took a chance via contract that if he panned out enough at LT he would get another 2 million dollars on top of his 4 million in any given year. They held their end of the bargain up - they signed him as an ERFA in his second year to a 5 year contract, OVER paying him what he was worth at the time and putting a down payment on what he could be.

Now, he decides that money isn't enough and is at home sulking. That's on him. That's not Ralph being cheap, management mismanaging a player or any other scenario cooked up here. Jason's original agent got him that deal and now his new agent wants a piece of a pie he never got to. The only thing Jason is trying to hold up is the Bills in their quest for a ring.

jpdex12
09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
At this point I don't think that Peters will show up until week three. He may be planning to see what the Bills look like without him before he acts. If we suck at pass blocking and running to the left then he can gloat and have the upper hand in pursuading the Bills to pay up once he returns but if we do well then he risks the chance to collect his pay for the first few games and all of preseason and he will wait until the FO is ready to bump his pay.

It's a big gamble on his part!

If we can establish the run early in the first few games without him then we can pick and choose when and where to throw the ball. If we have to throw the ball a lot to stay in the game then we will see just how bad we really need him.

Dr. Pepper
09-01-2008, 02:50 PM
he might not be any good to the team if/when he comes back anyway. he needs to learn the new offense and is probably out of shape, not to mention the fact that his teammates probably resent the crap out him at this point. who knows what hed do to team chemistry. i know im downplaying the fact that hes extremely talented/good at what he does on the field, but talent isnt everything. just ask the 98/99 Sabres. i say let him rot, hes shown how selfish he really is. theres 53 other players on our roster who have already shown theyre more comitted than peters.

Mitchy moo
09-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Fat selfish kids usually end up alone and unhappy, couldn't happen to a better slob than him.

Bravo82
09-01-2008, 03:32 PM
i feel bad for all the suckers that bought peters jerseys last year...

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-01-2008, 04:01 PM

Just wait.

just wait? so are you saying to throw in the towel already? cause that what it sounds like, one day you're all bills are making playoffs blah blah..now you're acting like its the end of the world..**** peters, even if he did show up, i wouldnt play him..his hearts not with the team so f him..let him rot that peice of sh** let's see how many teams go after him after sitting out a year like a dumbass..

Just wait..dont think because we lost peters its all over..let the guys with heart come in an actually want to play for the buffalo bills..not some fat scrub who wants a new contract with three years left on it..f that.

DynaPaul
09-01-2008, 04:06 PM
We need him in there.

HHURRICANE
09-01-2008, 04:24 PM
just wait? so are you saying to throw in the towel already? cause that what it sounds like, one day you're all bills are making playoffs blah blah..now you're acting like its the end of the world..**** peters, even if he did show up, i wouldnt play him..his hearts not with the team so f him..let him rot that peice of sh** let's see how many teams go after him after sitting out a year like a dumbass..

Just wait..dont think because we lost peters its all over..let the guys with heart come in an actually want to play for the buffalo bills..not some fat scrub who wants a new contract with three years left on it..f that.

It's a completely different O-line without him like it or not.

YardRat
09-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Wouldn't Peters end of the bargin be the 5 year contract he signed that has 3 years left on it?

Only if you believe a Pro Bowl left tackle should be happy making newbie RT money.

If somebody gets a 'promotion' and performs, they should receive fair compensation.

YardRat
09-01-2008, 04:50 PM
The Bills took a raw, raw TE, developed him into a RT, then took a chance via contract that if he panned out enough at LT he would get another 2 million dollars on top of his 4 million in any given year. They held their end of the bargain up - they signed him as an ERFA in his second year to a 5 year contract, OVER paying him what he was worth at the time and putting a down payment on what he could be.

Now, he decides that money isn't enough and is at home sulking. That's on him. That's not Ralph being cheap, management mismanaging a player or any other scenario cooked up here. Jason's original agent got him that deal and now his new agent wants a piece of a pie he never got to. The only thing Jason is trying to hold up is the Bills in their quest for a ring.

Take a look back and see what starting RT's were averaging when he signed the contract, and then look at the same numbers for LT's today. One thing Jason Peters is not is overpaid.

Turf
09-01-2008, 05:31 PM
I just wish someone would tell us what really happened. Obviously the Bills have had some discussion with him or his agent at some point in time. The question is, nobody knows what they said, or how hard they tried to talk to him or get him in here since.
I don't think they just ignored him all this time. What was actually said between the parties?
If I was the Bills, I would have said OK enough is enough. You're in here by so and so or you're not playing this year and negotiations end, period. You want to play come in and talk NOW. Did they do this and Peters ignored them? Are they taking a hard stand or just sitting back and going, we don't know he won't speak to us?
The real story appears to be unkown. No way is there just silence between the two parties.

jpdex12
09-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Let's go D Bell!

Kerr
09-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Time to move on without Peters. If he shows up, fine. If not, that's life. Deal with it.