• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Bills Name Youboty Nickel CB

No shock

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

Re: Bills Name Youboty Nickel CB

That's great to see though. Let's hope he's finally ready to put it all together.

Comment

• Mitchell55
      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
      • Feb 2008

Im greatly proud of him. I guess hes not a bust.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Ok. So we're looking at McGee, Greer, Youboty then McKelvin?

Or did Corner beat him out for the 4th spot?

It's not very good when the guy you draft in Rd1 is no better than the 4th corner on opening day. But, hey, he can return kicks well!

Ugh.

Comment

• Mitchell55
          • Feb 2008

McGee, Greer, Youboty, McKelvin, Corner. There is no way that Corner beats McKelvin.

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

Leodis is a natural talent. Let him grow into the position.
            Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            I love Weiner.
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            also cheese

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i think this speaks to how well youboty has done.. not that mclovin is doing so bad.. not all rookies are going to come in and be nate clements on opening day. People, myself included, are so quick to judge some of these young kids... maybe year 3 is when youboty puts it all together. who knows.. stuff like this happens all the time in the nfl. a good example is the browns. they draft quinn.. then anderson plays lights out and makes it impossible to sit him.. remember when brees should have been replaced by rivers.. what happened? rivers watched brees play great for 2 years before starting.. brees was not that good prior to rivers coming in.

no one knows what motivates a guy or doesn't. sometimes competition does.. sometimes a team showing faith in a guy does it.. there is no telling..

all i know is i want the best 5 guys.. and i feel confident we have that. corner played great in the preseason and camp. mclovin did fairly well too, with the exceptions of one poorly timed jump that cost us a long td.. and youboty earned, not got, earned the 3rd cb spot.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by paulB
                Leodis is a natural talent. Let him grow into the position.
                CB is not at all like RB IMO, it takes years to develop. Nate, Antwoine, now Youbouty, none were great day one.

I just hope Youbouty wasnt giving all he has in pre-season, because it was pre-season not the real deal. But yes, he earned the right to play and hopefully show hes got what it takes.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Nate Odomes played in 12 games as a rookie and started all of them.

Nate Clements started 11 games and played in all 16.

Thomas Smith started 1 of 16.

Those are the other first round corners I can remember. The best example to compare Leodis to thus far is Thomas Smith.

First round picks are supposed to play, at pretty much any position besides QB, from day 1. First round picks are supposed to be NFL ready from the get go and not be developmental prospects. Again QB is different.

Comparing Winfield, a late 2nd rounder and then Youboty, a 3rd rounder to a 1st rounder is ridiculous.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                    CB is not at all like RB IMO, it takes years to develop. Nate, Antwoine, now Youbouty, none were great day one.

I just hope Youbouty wasnt giving all he has in pre-season, because it was pre-season not the real deal. But yes, he earned the right to play and hopefully show hes got what it takes.

The only sad thing is ANTOINE (spell check) and Nate, left right after they became something. Lets hope Youboty doesnt turn into a Clements or Antoine, and then leaves right after.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                      Nate Odomes played in 12 games as a rookie and started all of them.

Nate Clements started 11 games and played in all 16.

Thomas Smith started 1 of 16.

Those are the other first round corners I can remember. The best example to compare Leodis to thus far is Thomas Smith.

First round picks are supposed to play, at pretty much any position besides QB, from day 1. First round picks are supposed to be NFL ready from the get go and not be developmental prospects. Again QB is different.

Comparing Winfield, a late 2nd rounder and then Youboty, a 3rd rounder to a 1st rounder is ridiculous.

Im not saying this from stats but, the only positition that is supposed to start from day 1 is OL. WRs never start day 1. CBs dont. I think Clements and Antoine got there starts later in the season. The developemental players are usually CBs, WR, QB, and DE. DE arent usually dominant from the start. CBs are rarely, same with the other 2.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

I prefer to look at this situation as a big positive, we are very deep at corner. McLovin will be great in due time.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

winfield was the 23rd overall pick.. that is the 1st round. and he started 2 games out of 16.

it is a valid comparison, regardless of if you acknowledge it or not.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            winfield was the 23rd overall pick.. that is the 1st round. and he started 2 games out of 16.

it is a valid comparison, regardless of if you acknowledge it or not.

Late first that's right, my bad.

We took the first corner off the board in the draft and he's 4th on our depth chart...and our corners aren't something to write home about as it is. This doesn't worry you at all?

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Mckelvin might be the 4th or 5th corner but he is probably the primary back-up to McGee and Greer. The Bills usually like to keep their nickel CB the same all year so Youboty would stay in the slot if anything happens to either of the starters. That would make Mckelvin the starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X