X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bills4superbowl
    • Aug 2008

BillsZone Sim Football League

Im pretty new here but since joining with you guys I discovered that the sim league here hasn't been running for a while. I am asking you guys first to see if you would be up for joining the new sim league which would be run by me and a mod called ebenezer. If you are interested then PM or email me back with the questions or whatever.

It would be ran using software from dksports.com which i own. I am in a sim league on BBMB.com so i have quite a bit of experience using the software and with sim leagues. I garuntee that you'll have lots of fun and it will be a lot better this time round with me running it.

thanks

• Bills4superbowl
    • Aug 2008

Re: BillsZone Sim Football League

nobody interested? i thought i'd get a bit of interest??

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

I might depending on whos in and if there is anyone in

Comment

• Bills4superbowl
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
        I might depending on whos in and if there is anyone in
        Ok, trust me here, if i get the interest the league will run successfuly. ive sent out PM's to a few members and have 2 owners already, some still havent been online to recieve the PMs.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Whos the 2 owners?

Comment

• Bills4superbowl
            • Aug 2008

The Spaz and Bravo82

I know ebenezer used to have a team so i think i could persuade him to get one... 1 person who ive sent a PM to has turned it down but so far the other haven't been online to recieve the news.

Comment

• Bills4superbowl
              • Aug 2008

We have three owners now. Please pm me if your interested

Comment

• Mitchell55
                only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                • Feb 2008

Does it cost any money, and what exactly is this and what do you do?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Bills4superbowl
                  Im pretty new here but since joining with you guys I discovered that the sim league here hasn't been running for a while. I am asking you guys first to see if you would be up for joining the new sim league which would be run by me and a mod called ebenezer. If you are interested then PM or email me back with the questions or whatever.

It would be ran using software from dksports.com which i own. I am in a sim league on BBMB.com so i have quite a bit of experience using the software and with sim leagues. I garuntee that you'll have lots of fun and it will be a lot better this time round with me running it.

thanks
                  Me and a buddy of mine are thinking about joining if you need guys. How much time does this generally take? How often are the games played?

-Joe Fo Sho

Comment

• RingofFire
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2007

GJFL for life!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Hell YES ROF

Comment

• Bills4superbowl
                        • Aug 2008

In a sim league, team owners are basically the GM/Coach of a football team. In some ways, it compares to fantasy football, but it is much more in depth and time consuming (however if you hire staff members GM and a HC then you dont have to spend as much time)

As a team owner, you are responsible for drafting a 53 man roster, drafting rookies, roster management, including the trading of players and draft picks, salary cap manegement, and gameplanning for individual games. (I'm sure I'm leaving more out.)

The league will probably be limited to 24 teams.

The first year, there is a 53 round draft of all free agents in the NFL. Salaries for the first year are based on the round they are drafted. (1st round - $10 Million, 2nd and 3rd round 7.5 million, etc.) There is also a 7 round rookie draft each year.

The league will be run by simulation software, of which I am blanking on the name of it, so I'll get back to you on that. But, the software udates player ranking each year, based on last year's performance. This means that when you draft rookies, you're going in blind just like the NFL - you won't have any idea who will be a bust. However it also means that since rookies have no stats, they can't be used until the following year. The software will also simulate all of the games, and give you a detailed play by play recap with all available stats on each individual game. Pretty cool!

Since you have to draft a 53 man roster...the draft is long, and time consuming, so if you with to join the league, you need to understand that. Draft times will be voted on by the league once it has been created. In a previous league I was in...the initial Free Agent draft lasted about a month. After a draft order is randomly assigned, and we establish a draft time, lets say for the sake of just having an example, that we decide to draft weekdays at 5pm. This means that each weekday, a round will begin at 5pm. The first person will pick their player between 5pm and 5:05. Then the 2nd team drafts between 5:05 and 5:10, etc. Your draft time would be the same every day, so you don't have to be around for the entire draft each day, but you will need to give yourself enough time to look see which players have been taken already. Also, you will be able to provide Commishoners with a draft list for you on a day you know that you will be unavailable. Also, if you miss your pick, you will have until midnight on that draft day to do your pick, or you lose it. This league will most likely run 2 rounds per day. If you figure that out, you're looking at 5 weeks of drafting on weeknights (or whenever we decide to have the drafts.)

Like I said, it is time consuming, but it is very cool. You'll get a real taste of what it's like to manage a team.

After the first year, you'll be required to keep a certain amount of players. You will then give them contracts to which you decide the length. (Players you keep will already have a starting value based on where you drafted them. There will also be a salary ceiling for NFL players, meaning that they can't make more than a certain dollar figure.) You will then fill out your rosters via another FA draft, and the proccess repeats each year.

There will be two conferences, just like the NFL, with 3 divisions per conference. Divisions and conferences will not be based on location, but randomly assigned. There will also be a stadium draft the first year, as stadium plays a small role in the simulation software.

There will be a full 16 week season, with no byes, and a full playoff for a championship.

So, what do you think? Sound like fun? It really is. I am in my first season doing this, and it really was a lot of fun. If you get the right people in a league, it can be a lot of fun talking trades, dealing with salary cap, etc.

Who is inerested? We need to see who would want to, and has the time to be in a league like this. We will also need help running the league eventually.

Let me know you're thoughts. This is for hardcore football fans!

Joe Fo Sho It would be great if you and your friend could join up!

MLynch23, if you want to you can purchase the software from dksports.com however i wouldn't suggest this (yet). So its completely free of charge.

Comment

• CUHATIN
                          • Aug 2008

Lets get this thing goin!!! I can get some people also!!!

CUHATIN (4) bunnerjk (4) syracuse76 (2)

Comment

• Bills4superbowl
                            • Aug 2008

i need at least 20 members preferably 24.

Comment

• Bills4superbowl
                              • Aug 2008

Lets get this league going! sign up guys its a lot of fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X