Overvalued and undervalued on these message boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Overvalued and undervalued on these message boards

On this board, here is 1 player who I think is overated, and 1 who I think is underated.

RB- Overated- Oman. He didnt show much more than Wright, and the only reason he made the team was because of Wrights fumbling issues.

Underated- Barnes- I dont know how many people realize this, but Barnes will open so many ways to score in the redzone. We can now do a playaction pass and pass it to Barnes in the endzone. We couldnt do that before because the defense was always expecting it from a TE/FB. Also, with a huge FB and a huge RB. Running the ball in the red zone will be 10X easier.

WR

Over- Steve Johnson- Im still trying to pick up why some say he will be our starting WR soon? Other than the last game vs 3RD STRINGERS! he was unseen. He is good, may make it to 3rd on our chart, but he is still another 4-5 years before he can even think about being our #1.

Under- Reed- He has to be our best 3rd down, and clutch reciever. He always is making plays when it maters most. He is also our oldest reciever, and is not a bad route runner.

TE-

Over- Schouman- Um, who was he 1 year ago? Everyone is pushing for him to start and he hasnt done anything to deserve it. Maybe, dropping passes, not going for the ball, translates in TE success to you, but to me its a player who has ALOT to learn.

Under- Anderson before we got rid of him- Im still shocked we got rid of him. Now our biggest need (when I say biggest, I mean out of all our needs, we only had 1 true TE) went unsolved in FA. We signed Teyo, Courtney, and Fine. Now we only have 1 of them and hes injured. Anderson was the only consistent TE, other than Royal but that was only in 1 game. We shouldve kept this guy.

OL

Over- Doc- this was the only player who I even come close to say hes overated. Hes not that overated, but he isnt the top 10 guard some of us expected. Thats it.

Under- Butler- people down him way to much when he was in his 1st year playing a game last year, and still did a great job. At his age, and him producing so well as a 5th round pick a few years back, he will probably be a long term player and we will probably have to give him a long term contract soon.

DL- None are overated or underated on these message board

LB- Over- Pos 10000%- He hasnt played 3 games and hes already the best defensive player on our team? Let him play a full season before hes nominated as DPOY.

Under- Crowell- With all the talk of Pos and Mitchell, what about the player who had to fill both TKO and Fletchers shoes at the same time. For someone who had to replace 2 probowl LBs at the same time, he did a great job. Now that he has a full LB corp, he doesnt have to worry about being the key to every OL and he will be more free.

CB- Under- Youboty- no one gives him credit for what he has been able to do. He had his mom die, then was moved to our last CB because of the games missed, then he finally got a chance last year and used it to his advantaged but was still the last CB, then he had to deal with 3 CBs go over him, and last, he played so good that he moved up 3 spots and is now the nickel back. Not to mention that since he was drafted, hes been endangered of being cut every day of his career.

Over- None- everyone thinks our CBs suck

S- Over- Wendling- maybe he shouldnt be here until he actually plays

Under- Whitner- Hes are team leader and has been all that we shouldve expected since he came out of the draft. Hes our team leader, best DB, and hardest hitter. People seem to compare him to the draft he came out of but people fail to recognize that it was a horrible draft. More than half dont even start, or are gone. In that draft, we have to be thankfull we got a starting caliber player.
    Last edited by Mitchell55; 09-01-2008, 04:16 PM.
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Overvalued and undervalued on these message boards

Not a bad rundown. I am somewhat impressed.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by MLynch23
      On this board, here is 1 player who I think is overvalued, and 1 who I think is undervalued.

RB- Overvalued- Oman. He didnt show much more than Wright, and the only reason he made the team was because of Wrights fumbling issues.

Undervalued- Barnes- I dont know how many people realize this, but Barnes will open so many ways to score in the redzone. We can now do a playaction pass and pass it to Barnes in the endzone. We couldnt do that before because the defense was always expecting it from a TE/FB. Also, with a huge FB and a huge RB. Running the ball in the red zone will be 10X easier.

WR

Over- Steve Johnson- Im still trying to pick up why some say he will be our starting WR soon? Other than the last game vs 3RD STRINGERS! he was unseen. He is good, may make it to 3rd on our chart, but he is still another 4-5 years before he can even think about being our #1.

Under- Reed- He has to be our best 3rd down, and clutch reciever. He always is making plays when it maters most. He is also our oldest reciever, and is not a bad route runner.

TE-

Over- Schouman- Um, who was he 1 year ago? Everyone is pushing for him to start and he hasnt done anything to deserve it. Maybe, dropping passes, not going for the ball, translates in TE success to you, but to me its a player who has ALOT to learn.

Under- Anderson before we got rid of him- Im still shocked we got rid of him. Now our biggest need (when I say biggest, I mean out of all our needs, we only had 1 true TE) went unsolved in FA. We signed Teyo, Courtney, and Fine. Now we only have 1 of them and hes injured. Anderson was the only consistent TE, other than Royal but that was only in 1 game. We shouldve kept this guy.

OL

Over- Doc- this was the only player who I even come close to say hes overated. Hes not that overated, but he isnt the top 10 guard some of us expected. Thats it.

Under- Butler- people down him way to much when he was in his 1st year playing a game last year, and still did a great job. At his age, and him producing so well as a 5th round pick a few years back, he will probably be a long term player and we will probably have to give him a long term contract soon.

DL- None are overated or underated on these message board

LB- Over- Pos 10000%- He hasnt played 3 games and hes already the best defensive player on our team? Let him play a full season before hes nominated as DPOY.

Under- Crowell- With all the talk of Pos and Mitchell, what about the player who had to fill both TKO and Fletchers shoes at the same time. For someone who had to replace 2 probowl LBs at the same time, he did a great job. Now that he has a full LB corp, he doesnt have to worry about being the key to every OL and he will be more free.

CB- Under- Youboty- no one gives him credit for what he has been able to do. He had his mom die, then was moved to our last CB because of the games missed, then he finally got a chance last year and used it to his advantaged but was still the last CB, then he had to deal with 3 CBs go over him, and last, he played so good that he moved up 3 spots and is now the nickel back. Not to mention that since he was drafted, hes been endangered of being cut every day of his career.

Over- None- everyone thinks our CBs suck

S- Over- Wendling- maybe he shouldnt be here until he actually plays

Under- Whitner- Hes are team leader and has been all that we shouldve expected since he came out of the draft. Hes our team leader, best DB, and hardest hitter. People seem to compare him to the draft he came out of but people fail to recognize that it was a horrible draft. More than half dont even start, or are gone. In that draft, we have to be thankfull we got a starting caliber player.
      We'll have to see about whitner, other than that..i agree.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

This list of overvalued players is mostly just second and third stringers. How the hell is the third RB and fourth or fifth WR OVER valued?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

For that matter Chern, how is a guy that didn't even make the team undervalued?

Comment

• Mitchell55
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
            This list of overvalued players is mostly just second and third stringers. How the hell is the third RB and fourth or fifth WR OVER valued?

It was actually more of a overated. I forgot to fix it before I posted the thread.

Comment

• Mitchell55
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
              For that matter Chern, how is a guy that didn't even make the team undervalued?

You have a realy bad case of not ready posts before commenting.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

How many times do I have to make you look like you have no idea what you're talking about or that you have limited football knowledge?

Anderson isn't undervalued or overvauled...he has NO value.

If he had any, any whatsoever, the team wouldn't have cut him especially with how thing are our Tight Ends are right now. And he still didn't make the roster.

Then you say Omon is overrated, spelled his name wrong too, that's your norm though. You cite the only reason he was kept instead of Wright is because Wright had fumbling problems...guess what ball security is the single most important aspect of football. Oddly enough.

You put a corner who you say is undervalued....because he performed well in 3 preseason games? 2 years of crap should make anyone weary.

You site the 5th WR on our roster as overvalued? :rofl" I don't need to say anything else on that one.

On and go figure the FB is undervalued, the teams that have a true fullback, the guy is always undervalued. Most fullbacks don't have a large role in the offense.

But I don't read your posts right? It seems to me you have difficulty grasping the concepts of overvalued and undervalued.

The biggest overrated player on this team is Schoebel, the most underrated player is Brian Moorman. After all he's been our best and most consistent player for the past 5 years.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  • Feb 2008

How many times do I have to make you look like you have no idea what you're talking about or that you have limited football knowledge?

Anderson isn't undervalued or overvauled...he has NO value.

If he had any, any whatsoever, the team wouldn't have cut him especially with how thing are our Tight Ends are right now. And he still didn't make the roster. Read the thread, I gave a answer in there.

Then you say Omon is overrated, spelled his name wrong too, that's your norm though. You cite the only reason he was kept instead of Wright is because Wright had fumbling problems...guess what ball security is the single most important aspect of football. Oddly enough. People act like he is the best RB on our team sometimes. You realize how many, Omon is awesome threads there are?

You put a corner who you say is undervalued....because he performed well in 3 preseason games? 2 years of crap should make anyone weary. No one ever gave him a chance, he finally has one now. This was a dumb responce on your part

You site the 5th WR on our roster as overvalued? :rofl" I don't need to say anything else on that one. See Omons

On and go figure the FB is undervalued, the teams that have a true fullback, the guy is always undervalued. Most fullbacks don't have a large role in the offense. Ok........

But I don't read your posts right? It seems to me you have difficulty grasping the concepts of overvalued and undervalued. It didnt seem like you read it since the answer to your almost "question" was in the post itself.

The biggest overrated player on this team is Schoebel, the most underrated player is Brian Moorman. After all he's been our best and most consistent player for the past 5 years.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

All the Madden threads must have made me overlook the "Omon is the greatest thing since sliced bread" threads. Sorry!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                      • Feb 2008

All the Madden threads must have made me overlook the "Omon is the greatest thing since sliced bread" threads. Sorry!

You werent on when they announced the cuts and durring the preseason games. If you were, you would agree.

Comment

• more cowbell
                        • Apr 2006

xavier omon is a girlfriend stealer
                        The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by more cowbell

I know, hes the best aint he.

Comment

• more cowbell
                            • Apr 2006

haha wow thats pretty good
                            The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by more cowbell

Did he actually steal her?

Comment

Working...
                              X