Youboty, best story so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Youboty, best story so far.

He is a early pick, goes to the bills and his mom passes. He only played in 3 games and was put last on the depth chart. The next year never got any better where he was still last but got 11 games. In 2008, endangered of being cut, he played all out and kept his job and got to be 3rd on the depth chart.

So he went from last on the depth chart to 3rd in 2 years. This is a perfect example of worst to 1st.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Youboty, best story so far.

Actually, I was thinking of starting a similar thread.

Youboty is an example of why sometimes we should not give up on a player after only one or two seasons. I doubt he will ever be a star, but he certainly played well in pre-season and has ability.

That fact that the Bills coaches and most fans were ready to run his ass out of here and he fought through the adversity was admirable. He beat out a veteran player in Will James, the 11th overall pick and an impressive rookie in Corner to nail down the nickel job.

Way to grow up Ashton!
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ALL D
      • Aug 2008

great story here. Youboty comes from a great system and I felt he could do some good if he stayed away from injuries...

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

I'm pessimistically optimistic (if that's possible) regarding Youboty. I'd like to think that he is truly the better player but I get the feeling that he'll be behind McKelvin at some point this season. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt though going into the season.

Comment

• 3rdn1
          • Aug 2006

i think he projected to in the late 1st or early 2nd on we got him in the 3rd or 4th...so he has alot of value even if it is depth........you only one snap away....

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by 3rdn1
            i think he projected to in the late 1st or early 2nd on we got him in the 3rd or 4th...so he has alot of value even if it is depth........you only one snap away....
            Yeah, there was a time before the draft where a lot of scouts thought Dallas might take him in round one. In retrospect I don't think he's first round talent but even if he becomes a serviceable Nickle Back for us I think he was worth it as a third. Some people in the league will tell you that NB is harder than CB1 or CB2.

Comment

• 3rdn1
              • Aug 2006

I don't think he's first round talent but even if he becomes a serviceable Nickle Back for us I think he was worth it as a third. Some people in the league will tell you that NB is harder than CB1 or CB2.

i agree........he has good size..and speed.......he was said to pretty smart coming out.....we'll see how he comes along......

Comment

• Ed
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                I'm pessimistically optimistic (if that's possible) regarding Youboty. I'd like to think that he is truly the better player but I get the feeling that he'll be behind McKelvin at some point this season. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt though going into the season.
                Well hopefully McKelvin does become a better player then Youboty at some point. I don't think that would be a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                X