PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lining....

Mahdi
09-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Obviously the biggest concern for the Bills and Bills fans is the absence of Peters. But I would like to offer everyone what might be an advantage to losing Peters. Walker is a better run blocker IMO than Peters and him combined with Dockery may form a better run blocking left side, and since were going to be a rushing offense first that uses quick throws it could work to our advantage. Chambers is a pretty nasty run blocker as well.

What yall think?

Mitchy moo
09-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I think that Walker gets hurt by mid-season and the we are F-ed. Walker isn't getting any younger and the odds of this scenario happening are high enough to be mentioned. He couldn't hold up for the raiders on the left side and I fear a repeat.

Ed
09-01-2008, 08:03 PM
I think that Walker gets hurt by mid-season and the we are F-ed. Walker isn't getting any younger and the odds of this scenario happening are high enough to be mentioned. He couldn't hold up for the raiders on the left side and I fear a repeat.
I don't think playing LT increases your chances of getting hurt over RT.

OpIv37
09-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I think you make a good point- the only problem is that D's know we will favor the left side and will likely stack their formation or run blitz from that side.

hydro
09-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Walker is also only 28. Just like everyone, he is getting older. But as for time in the league he is at or close to his prime.

hydro
09-01-2008, 08:09 PM
I think you make a good point- the only problem is that D's know we will favor the left side and will likely stack their formation or run blitz from that side.

That is when you start running counters :up:. Or at least that would be the best way to counteract this.

LABillsFan
09-01-2008, 08:16 PM
There was a massive hole on the left side that Jackson exploited in the Colts game. It comes down to Turk and judging from the 2 important preseason games, he did a heck of a job.

If other teams know that the left side of the line is where the Bills like to run, so do the Bills. Turk just has to pick his spots.

gr8slayer
09-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Walker has always been a fine run blocker, no one has ever questioned that. It's the pass blocking that gives me nightmares. But better than Peters as a run blocker? No...

hydro
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Walker has always been a fine run blocker, no one has ever questioned that. It's the pass blocking that gives me nightmares. But better than Peters as a run blocker? No...

But Peters only has the pass blocking icon in Madden :D

gr8slayer
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
My lips are sealed.

Mitchell55
09-01-2008, 09:14 PM

I know. Our OL would suck without peters in madden. I put him as a backup to keep it up to date. Sacks all over the place.

3rdn1
09-01-2008, 09:16 PM
What yall th:madcloud:ink?

Kerr
09-01-2008, 09:35 PM
I think Turk is fully aware of his O-line's limitations and will play it out that way. Even before training camp they mentioned they were going to try more 3 step drops. I think will be alright at LT. Although, RT could use an upgrade.

Tatonka
09-01-2008, 09:52 PM

he is absolutely a better run blocker than peters. that is not even a question. which is why peters is a LT and walker should be a RT.

gr8slayer
09-01-2008, 09:56 PM
he is absolutely a better run blocker than peters. that is not even a question. which is why peters is a LT and walker should be a RT.
His ability/inability to run block has absolutely nothing to do with him being the LT, and no, Walker is not the better run blocker. The guy stands straight up when he's blocking and often gets stale-mated at the line.

Mahdi
09-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah I dont think there is any question either that Walker is a better run blocker than Peters. He is simply more imposing and powerful at the point of attack. If Chambers struggles at RT I could see the Bills starting Bell at RT and letting him learn there like they did with Peters.

Tatonka
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
you're wrong.

Mahdi
09-01-2008, 10:00 PM
His ability/inability to run block has absolutely nothing to do with him being the LT, and no, Walker is not the better run blocker. The guy stands straight up when he's blocking and often gets stale-mated at the line.
sorry yer wrong on that. In fact the Bills had more success running right last year than they did running left. Think of all of Lynch's big runs. They were behind Walker.

hydro
Yeah I dont think there is any question either that Walker is a better run blocker than Peters. He is simply more imposing and powerful at the point of attack. If Chambers struggles at RT I could see the Bills starting Bell at RT and letting him learn there like they did with Peters.

Chambers would have to be terrible. Bell is a huge project right now. We are in sorry sorry shape if he is starting.

gr8slayer
you're wrong.
Your logic as to why Peters is the LT and Walker is the RT says a lot about your knowledge (or lack there of) when it comes to the game of football.

raphael120
09-01-2008, 10:03 PM
i hope when you say Chambers is a nasty run blocker you mean the bad kind of nasty

hydro
09-01-2008, 10:03 PM
you're wrong.

:rofl:

Homegrown
09-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Silver Lining??...well the Bills better run Left b/c I don't think theres going to be a lotta yardage to be gained running behind Mr. Chambers....

realdealryan
09-01-2008, 10:12 PM
sorry yer wrong on that. In fact the Bills had more success running right last year than they did running left. Think of all of Lynch's big runs. They were behind Walker.

Just offhand, the touchdown against the Bengals was because of bad tackling in the backfield by the 17 guys who hit him behind the line, not great blocking by Walker.

Mahdi
09-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Just offhand, the touchdown against the Bengals was because of bad tackling in the backfield by the 17 guys who hit him behind the line, not great blocking by Walker.
If you watch the highlight of that run against the Bengals( nfl.com video section under Bills top ten plays of 08) you will actually notice that the reason Lynch got hit in the backfield was Peters missing his block. Walker plows his guy then falls over and takes out another guy or 2.

Mahdi
09-01-2008, 11:22 PM
i hope when you say Chambers is a nasty run blocker you mean the bad kind of nasty
Lynch ran for 105 yards on 22 carries against Philly last year with Chambers at LT. Chambers may not be a great pass protector on the blind side but he can run block pretty well.

realdealryan
09-02-2008, 06:03 AM
If you watch the highlight of that run against the Bengals( nfl.com video section under Bills top ten plays of 08) you will actually notice that the reason Lynch got hit in the backfield was Peters missing his block. Walker plows his guy then falls over and takes out another guy or 2.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and watched the highlight. He just blocks straight left to the center of the line and falls down. He MAAAAAAAYBE gets his guy. Another guy or two? Nah...when the whole defense and 6 guys from the bench are in the backfield, I'm not sure he's gotten even one of them. Dockery is way down field trying to get in another block, and as the camera pans away you can see a sideways 68 on the ground....

Hell, this argument falls apart when you look at the other half of the right or left side. I'll take Dockery over Butler right now, too.

justasportsfan
09-02-2008, 08:45 AM
teams have known that and yet couldn't stop us. I doubt they can stop us now that we move Evans arround. They can stack up the left side and leave Lee alone on the right all they want.

justasportsfan
09-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Walker pushes back while Peters controls speed DE's better. We still ran right when Peters was busy owning Jason Taylor.