PDA

View Full Version : Break-out player.......

3rdn1
09-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Who steps ups this season..........

will mcCargo play up to the level has show he can at times. just havent realy heard much out of the preseason

SABuffalo786
09-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Who needs their brakes fixed?

I know Marshawn has been having trouble with his brakes lately.

Who is Macgo and when did we sign him?

3rdn1
09-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Who needs their brakes fixed?

I know Marshawn has been having trouble with his breaks lately.

Who is Macgo and when did we sign him?thank 4 pointing that out...some offffs usssses aint tis smart is ya.

shelby
09-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Poz steps up this year!

RingofFire
09-01-2008, 08:25 PM
STROUDDDDDDD

DANMAN
09-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Trent Edwards - I expect/hope he will improve in his second year, 5-4 as a rookie was very good. He has to stay healthy, this year will go along way in finding out how good he can be. He is smart and has some weapons and a new more agressive OC in Turk. I am pretty optomistic about Trent.

Robert Royal - He is the number 1 TE and both Trent and Turk like to get the ball to the TE. 2 TD's in 1 qtr against Pittsburgh's 1st stringers. If he can make the catches he should have his best year ever.

Poz - I am eager to see how much impact he will have on the field, must also stay healthy. Also very optomistic in general about our starting LB's. I expect Crowell, Poz and especially Mitchel to be very good.

OpIv37
09-01-2008, 08:51 PM
McCargo, Whitner, and Poz.

We need at least 2 of the 3 to break out if we're going to get anywhere.

im4bflo
09-01-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm :pray: praying :pray: Edwards proves me wrong, and makes me
buy a #5 jersey, he's my only worry, except for the offensive line, but
they've been a worry for years.

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Break Out- Donte Whitner, Roscoe Parrish, and Jabari Greer

I honestly feel like we are really solid with every starter we have on opening day. I can't think of one starter besides Royal that I cringe when thinking about. I think Royal will be made to look a little better than he really is just because of Trent's love of the tight end.

If Hardy pans out then all of the sudden out recievers become very deep especially with Steve Johnson as the 6.

The only area I am concerned with is the OL because of very thin and maybe even no depth at all.

gr8slayer
09-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm going to say Edwards, there are no excuses this year for him.

3rdn1
09-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Im not so much worried about poz.....yes i want him to play well......but this is kinda rookie season as far as field action.........Whinter has shown he has the tools and can play......McCargo realy need to come up big this year...he come on late last year.....if he could get 8.5 sacks and be in the upper double digits for tackels id be happy....but with stroud,spencer,kyle not sure how much playing time he will get.

Mitchell55
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Heres 5 in order

5. Whitner
4. Pos
3. Edwards
2. Butler
1. Evans

Butler for HOF

Kerr
09-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm going to say Royal. He and Edwards seemed to have good chemistry in the Steeler game. With Turks promise to open it up more, it seems likely the tight ends will get more opportunities in the passing game.

Tatonka
09-01-2008, 09:57 PM
i think lee evans absolutely kills it this year.. and the bills will sign him before mid season because he is going to be on pace for 1500 yards.

Homegrown
09-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Defense - Poz
Offense - Edwards

....just my 2 cents

FlyingDutchman
09-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Ko Simpson

patmoran2006
09-01-2008, 11:00 PM
i think lee evans absolutely kills it this year.. and the bills will sign him before mid season because he is going to be on pace for 1500 yards.
If he's on pace for numbers like that he's not signing anything at midseason, not when free agency is that close for him, unless the Bills pay him ridiculous money; which I dont see happening. Do you see him getting that kind of money from Buffalo; Fitzgerald comparable money?

Their window to sign Evans long term is in the next week or two, and then I think it's gone.

gr8slayer
09-01-2008, 11:01 PM
If he's on pace for numbers like that he's not signing anything at midseason, not when free agency is that close for him, unless the Bills pay him ridiculous money; which I dont see happening. Do you see him getting that kind of money from Buffalo; Fitzgerald comparable money?

Their window to sign Evans long term is in the next week or two, and then I think it's gone.
I agree 100%

shelby
09-02-2008, 04:24 AM
i'd also like to mention Youboty. He had an outstanding preseason. i'd like to see him continue playing that well throughout the regular season.

clumping platelets
09-02-2008, 05:19 AM
Langston Walker and he holds out next year :ill:

bigbub2352
09-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Poz steps up, Reed steps down

M
09-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Langston Walker and he holds out next year :ill:

Stop it, Clump!

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Brad Butler made great strides last year and I expect him to improve even more and possibly become the Bills best O-lineman currently playing.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Brad Butler made great strides last year and I expect him to improve even more and possibly become the Bills best O-lineman currently playing.
By currently playing do you mean minus Peters or do you think he will be our best once Peters is back? I agree with you that he might be our best OL that will play this Sunday, but he isn't even close to Peters.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2008, 11:23 AM
By currently playing do you mean minus Peters or do you think he will be our best once Peters is back? I agree with you that he might be our best OL that will play this Sunday, but he isn't even close to Peters.

Butler clearly is not as good as Peters, which is why I put the currently in their.

Right now Peters is only playing with himself, sadly.

Tatonka
09-02-2008, 11:42 AM

they will sign him this season. they will franchise him if they have to. they will not let him leave. i am confident in that.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 11:43 AM
they will sign him this season. they will franchise him if they have to. they will not let him leave. i am confident in that.
Do you know what it costs to franchise a WR? You think the Bills are willing to pay that?

Tatonka
09-02-2008, 11:44 AM
peters is not an offensive lineman for this team.

like meathead said yesterday, i am really starting to think peters is done playing football..

FlyingDutchman
09-02-2008, 12:00 PM

then according to HH, we should see this coming and sign him to a better deal than Dockery and Walker to avoid him being upset with his contract and holding out later....just kidding HH dont get all upset

DraftBoy
09-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Break Out Players:
Offense: Roscoe Parrish
Defense: Ko Simpson

Break Down Players:
Offense: Langston Walker
Defense: Kavika Mitchell

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Break Out Players:
Offense: Roscoe Parrish
Defense: Ko Simpson

Break Down Players:
Offense: Langston Walker
Defense: Kavika Mitchell
I don't think that KaWika will break down, he's going to be the same player he's always been.

2buff4u
09-02-2008, 04:51 PM
I think Donte has a break out year........Can you say "PRO BOWL"......

The Jokeman
09-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Josh Reed finally proves that he's the 3rd WR he should have been for years. Yet some people will complain when James Hardy only puts up realistic numbers of about 45 catches with 500-600 yards with 4-6 TDs.

DraftBoy
09-02-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't think that KaWika will break down, he's going to be the same player he's always been.

Fair enough, what I should say is that I don't think he'll live up to some of the lofty standards that some have set for him.

3rdn1
09-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Langston Walker and he holds out next year

:laughing: :laughing: :lmao:

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Fair enough, what I should say is that I don't think he'll live up to some of the lofty standards that some have set for him.
Honestly though, I haven't seen anyone mention outrageous goals for him. If we decide to blitz the LB's more this year I think he is definitely our best blitzing LB. He isn't a game changer but he's a guy that will make a "wow" play every couple of games. I personally loved the move; and come on man, surely you can at least recognize that it's a big upgrade.

PECKERWOOD
09-02-2008, 11:09 PM

Poz, Whitner, Edwards.

If those 3 break out we are a playoff team and possibly a superbowl contender.

PECKERWOOD
09-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Josh Reed finally proves that he's the 3rd WR he should have been for years. Yet some people will complain when James Hardy only puts up realistic numbers of about 45 catches with 500-600 yards with 4-6 TDs.

Reed isn't a 3, he doesn't have the speed for it. Typically #3 WR's are agile, fast and accelerate quickly. Reed in my eyes is a solid #4 and an ocassional #3 because of his value as a run blocker.

njsue
09-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Trent Edwards

Buffalogic
09-03-2008, 03:17 AM
I really like Roscoe to break out this year. Deep routes and quick dump off passes to get him room in the open field.

justasportsfan
09-03-2008, 06:27 AM
Duke Preston

The Spaz
09-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Duke Preston

Which would mean Fowler getting hurt. I don't want to see that happen with us already being thin on the OL.

justasportsfan
09-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Which would mean Fowler getting hurt. I don't want to see that happen with us already being thin on the OL.
I was jk

DraftBoy
09-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Honestly though, I haven't seen anyone mention outrageous goals for him. If we decide to blitz the LB's more this year I think he is definitely our best blitzing LB. He isn't a game changer but he's a guy that will make a "wow" play every couple of games. I personally loved the move; and come on man, surely you can at least recognize that it's a big upgrade.

I think it was a great move, but he is what he is. He will not cure the defenses problems. He is a good blitzing LB and I hope we use him as such. I dont think he's going to lead the team in tackles though either. He will be a very good role player for us on a defense, and hopefully help Poz out.

The Spaz
09-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I was jk

Who knows these days...lol:beers:

Jan Reimers
09-03-2008, 11:00 AM
In honor of gr8, DB, and other nonbelievers, it has to be the super LB from Sacred Heart via Orchard Park, Big Jon Corto.

gr8slayer
09-03-2008, 12:37 PM
In honor of gr8, DB, and other nonbelievers, it has to be the super LB from Sacred Heart via Orchard Park, Big Jon Corto.
:shakeno:

ublinkwescore
09-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Poz, Parrish, and after week 10, Hardy.

gr8slayer
09-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I think it was a great move, but he is what he is. He will not cure the defenses problems. He is a good blitzing LB and I hope we use him as such. I dont think he's going to lead the team in tackles though either. He will be a very good role player for us on a defense, and hopefully help Poz out.
Posluszny is going to need the help, he's someone I don't expect to do much.

ALL D
09-04-2008, 12:06 AM
youboty is my suprise pick this year...

my logical choice is Donte Whitner...nasty hitter and getting stronger

dannyek71
09-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Bell