View Full Version : If We're a Playoff Team, We Win On Sunday

raphael120
09-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Agreed?

No excuses, this needs to be a win.

Night Train
09-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm OK with that.

Seattle is missing their top 3 WR's, 2 more starters suspended & Hasselbeck is having daily treatments on a really bad back. They are below average on the road. If the Bills can stuff the Seattle running game, I see a win. Just don't lose the turnover battle.

..and teams wanting a sniff of the playoffs don't lose these games.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 06:01 PM
There are no excuses for this team no matter who we are playing.

Mitchell55
09-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Agreed?

No excuses, this needs to be a win.

You might want to delete your sig. He finally showed up. No more jokes.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Huh?

Slim
09-02-2008, 06:12 PM

What?

Mitchell55
09-02-2008, 06:13 PM
What?

Im pissed. The post tricked me. I hate the person who bumped it. I never looked at the date.

DrGraves
09-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Absolutely. SUNDAY IS A MUST WIN. I DON'T CARE IF ITS WEEK ONE. This team needs to establish itself as a contender from day one.

Kenny
09-02-2008, 06:56 PM
It's not just a must-win... We need to crush Seattle. With their injuries and suspensions, any playoff team would destroy them, -we shouldnt be any different if we're contenders.

It'll be a huge test this Sunday though... have we improved? Or are we the same team from last year that can only beat the crappy teams (Jets, Fins, Ravens after a bye week, etc...),.

ddaryl
09-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I agree we need to show something here.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2008, 07:47 PM

?????????

The Jokeman
09-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Agreed. This is the type of win you can't afford not to take advantage of. Everything's seemingly in our favor, their injuries on at WR, their questionable running game and recent suspensions on defense and to top it off it's the home opener. No reason we shouldn't win.

HAMMER
09-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Winning is a much more likely outcome than it would have been before their injuries/suspensions. When the schedule was released I had us losing our first two games, I hope I am wrong.

Bone
09-02-2008, 08:58 PM
It's pretty plain and simple.

We will know if were a playoff team team or not after are first game of the season.

There is no excuse tonot put a beating on this team.

HAMMER
09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
It's pretty plain and simple.

We will know if were a playoff team team or not after are first game of the season.

There is no excuse tonot put a beating on this team.

No excuse? They are a top 10 and playoff team, we are not. They have a pro bowl QB, we do not. They have a very good defense, we do not. People need to stop looking past Seattle, they are a very good football team. All that being said I hope to God we show up and beat them like dogs....errr....SeaChickens.

Meathead
09-02-2008, 09:44 PM
im predicting an 0-2 start. but i still think they snag a wc

mikemac2001
09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
meathead your wrong dont post anymore....we are going 19-0

Kenny
09-02-2008, 10:26 PM
No excuse? They are a top 10 and playoff team, we are not. They have a pro bowl QB, we do not. They have a very good defense, we do not. People need to stop looking past Seattle, they are a very good football team. All that being said I hope to God we show up and beat them like dogs....errr....SeaChickens.

They are a good team, -but I think their reputation/records have been solely a result of playing the NFC West.
Like the Patriots, it's almost like having an automatic 6 wins every season. Plus (last year's superbowl champs aside), the NFC is statistically weaker than the AFC.

Personally, I think we match up well against them. Unless Julius Jones or Morris (whoever is starting) runs wild on us, we should be fine. I just dont see a team with only one average/slightly above average WR and a two-headed backup runningback tandem doing too much damage to our defense.

I dont know... for some reason I just have a good feeling about this. It's hard to explain, but I get the feeling the Bills are just a 'tougher' team than Seattle, and we should be able to just pound Seattle.
Now our week 2 opponent is a different story...

Oaf
09-02-2008, 10:47 PM
lol.

raphael120
09-02-2008, 11:49 PM

Theyre not a good football team right now! Hasselbeck is rusty as hell, theyre missing 3 WR's, they have two of their starting guys on D suspended! Point is, Seahawks are wounded pretty badly and if we can't beat these guys AT OUR HOME OPENER, how the hell do we think we're going to beat AFC playoff teams with all their starters? Plain and simple, playoff teams do NOT lose these games. We need to start thinking like winners and get the **** out of this loser attitude and please guys, can we call just expect much more than what we've been expecting the past 9 years? Can we not just "be happy" with 8-8? I expect 10-6, if we miss out on the playoffs regardless, thats fine, a lot of outside factors come into play with wildcard spots, but this is the perfect year as any to make a move and become *gasp* RELEVENT in the league!

jamze132
09-03-2008, 01:58 AM
We are going up a against a team who is consistently making the playoffs. Even if they are currently missing some key people, it's not going to be a cakewalk for us, especially considering our recent history of starting off seasons.

By no means will this game make or break our playoff dreams. We don't have our best lineman, Trent only threw the ball around 15-20 times in the pre-season, and Kirk freakin' Chambers is starting on the O-line.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...

njsue
09-03-2008, 02:24 AM
This Sunday's Buffalo Bills game will be one of the most memorable WINS BABY!!

They will be so pumped up.

Look out Matt Hasselback POZILLA is on the prowl. :snicker:

justasportsfan
09-03-2008, 06:24 AM
We billieve!

Who am I kidding I've been saying that for years. Screw the seahawks.

trapezeus
09-03-2008, 07:28 AM
i agree, the bills need to win this game. it's winable, it's at home, and it's time to win games early and control our own destiny for a change.

hopefully if they lose the opposite isn't true and we aren't stuck with another year of crappy football.

Jan Reimers
09-03-2008, 07:36 AM
With a tough road game against the Jags coming up, we definitely need a win against the SeaChickens.

justasportsfan
09-03-2008, 08:02 AM
51-3 bills

njsue
09-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Theyre not a good football team right now! Hasselbeck is rusty as hell, theyre missing 3 WR's, they have two of their starting guys on D suspended! Point is, Seahawks are wounded pretty badly and if we can't beat these guys AT OUR HOME OPENER, how the hell do we think we're going to beat AFC playoff teams with all their starters? Plain and simple, playoff teams do NOT lose these games. We need to start thinking like winners and get the **** out of this loser attitude and please guys, can we call just expect much more than what we've been expecting the past 9 years? Can we not just "be happy" with 8-8? I expect 10-6, if we miss out on the playoffs regardless, thats fine, a lot of outside factors come into play with wildcard spots, but this is the perfect year as any to make a move and become *gasp* RELEVENT in the league!

The Seahags are coming into extremely hostle territory at the Ralph.

ddaryl
09-03-2008, 08:22 AM
51-3 bills

I was at that game... and what a game it was !!!!!

superbills
09-03-2008, 11:38 AM
I was at that game... and what a game it was !!!!!

Where's James Lofton when you need him :rockon:

HHURRICANE
09-03-2008, 11:47 AM
I was going tp start a similar thread but this one sums it up. For years we dig ourselves a hole that we don't ever get out of.

The Bills need to win on Sunday. period.

Unfortunately, I see us dropping our first 2 games which will pretty much take us out of playoff contention, yet again.

justasportsfan
09-03-2008, 11:48 AM
I was going tp start a similar thread .

:phew:

HHURRICANE
09-03-2008, 11:52 AM
:phew:

You've been running our of places to post so I started a new one on a different topic.

justasportsfan
09-03-2008, 11:53 AM
You've been running our of places to post so I started a new one on a different topic.

and you accuse Leodis of not being smart?

HHURRICANE
09-03-2008, 12:00 PM
and you accuse Leodis of not being smart?

Dude, you are turning into a stalker. It kind of freaks me out. Can you go bother someone else. I'm not joking.

justasportsfan
09-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Dude, you are turning into a stalker. It kind of freaks me out. Can you go bother someone else. I'm not joking.

I'll stop pointing out your stupid threads/posts once you stop making them. I'm not joking :up:

HHURRICANE
09-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I'll stop pointing out your stupid threads/posts once you stop making them. I'm not joking :up:

My last "stupid" thread generated over a thousand hits. You seem to be in the minority.

raphael120
09-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Ugh, you guys are crapping all over my nice new thread. :sad:

HHURRICANE
09-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Ugh, you guys are crapping all over my nice new thread. :sad:

Look at how many times I post something and the next post is Justa. It's not the other way around. The guy is a stalker and needs to get a life.

raphael120
09-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Look at how many times I post something and the next post is Justa. It's not the other way around. The guy is a stalker and needs to get a life.

Oh we all know how justa always needs the last word. :laugh:

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-03-2008, 01:55 PM
The bills have to win this game..Seattle is hurting bad right now, if they dont with this game..i see problems.