PDA

View Full Version : Peters Discussions

Pages : [1] 2

The Spaz
07-14-2006, 12:44 PM
From rookie free agent, to practice squad member, to special teams performer, to full-time starter, Jason Peters has made quite the transformation. Now the Bills third-year player can add 'anchor at tackle' to his list of titles as he signed a long term contract extension with Buffalo Monday.

"We just felt he was a very good young prospect who has a great future ahead of him," said Bills Vice President of Football Administration Jim Overdorf. "We wanted to make a commitment to Jason and he was willing to make a commitment to the Buffalo Bills."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3861

Earthquake Enyart
07-14-2006, 12:45 PM
:phew:

This ought to calm some of the realists down.

OpIv37
07-14-2006, 12:46 PM
:bf1:

Holy ****, I can't believe this got done. I thought he was going to hold out til after the season, then really stick it to us or bolt for greener pastures if he had a good year.

I have to give Marv credit for this one.

Jan Reimers
07-14-2006, 12:47 PM
This has to be good news for every Bills' fan.

patmoran2006
07-14-2006, 12:53 PM
One of the three most significant moves this entire off-season.. If he stays hungry he's going to be a beast at right tackle, or maybe even left tackle come next year.

Good job, Marv.

justasportsfan

.easy on the clapping. Don't wear out your hands .You'll be doing a lot of that this year. :D

finsrclowns
Once they threw in a "hooked on phonics" version of the playbook and they let Peters take off his shoes so he could add up the salaries it was a done deal.

justasportsfan
07-14-2006, 12:54 PM
One of the three most significant moves this entire off-season.. If he stays hungry he's going to be a beast at right tackle, or maybe even left tackle come next year.

Good job, Marv.Marv doesn't get it! Get it?

This years Peters is Nance .

finsrclowns
07-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Marv doesn't get it! Get it?

This is a Peters thread so can I say I don't get it?:chuckle:

clumping platelets
07-14-2006, 12:58 PM
I need numbers :(

patmoran2006
07-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Marv doesn't get it! Get it?

This years Peters is Nance .

I love Nance, I think he's going to be a lot better than Reed in this offense, a red zone threat, he's a taller and cheaper Reed.

patmoran2006
07-14-2006, 01:15 PM
BTW, this signing shows Marv is putting this team in the right direction, locking him up early now...

I dont know how many of you watch baseball, but this organization is starting to remind me A LOT of the Cleveland Indians.. VERY similar

justasportsfan
07-14-2006, 01:19 PM
I dont know how many of you watch baseball, but this organization is starting to remind me A LOT of the Cleveland Indians.. VERY similar Of Major League the movie?

See my pictures of realists thread. Some of the fans here are exactly like those hecklers (Randy Quaid) in that movie.

EricStratton
07-14-2006, 01:21 PM
I dont know how many of you watch baseball, but this organization is starting to remind me A LOT of the Cleveland Indians.. VERY similar

As long as Charles Nagy isn't our ace this is a good thing.

Jan Reimers
07-14-2006, 01:23 PM
BTW, this signing shows Marv is putting this team in the right direction, locking him up early now...

Unfortunately, the Indians are in 4th place, 18-1/2 games out of first. But I understand what you are saying. They've locked up Grady Sizemore and several other of their really good, young players in multi-year deals.

Carlton Bailey
07-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Aren't the Indians sucking this year?

T-Nasty24
07-14-2006, 01:27 PM
**** Yeah

Amare
07-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Marv u r a genius!

EricStratton
07-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Unfortunately, the Indians are in 4th place, 18-1/2 games out of first. But I understand what you are saying. They've locked up Grady Sizemore and several other of their really good, young players in multi-year deals.

I think he's pointing to the Indians of the mid 90's.

They locked up many young players (Alomar, Manny, Wright, Visquel) just as they opened the new ballpark and made a run.

patmoran2006
07-14-2006, 01:32 PM
I think he's pointing to the Indians of the mid 90's.

They locked up many young players (Alomar, Manny, Wright, Visquel) just as they opened the new ballpark and made a run.

Right on..

THey had a team of old vets that made their run and went as far as they could.. THe club was gutted and for a while sucked, but the organization kept signing the younger talent to more long term deals, and then last year they came from nowhere and almost made the playoffs.

This year they're screwed in the AL Central, but they have a club now that's going to be competitive from years to come without any big name "superstars" (well at least not yet)

mayotm
07-14-2006, 01:37 PM
This is excellent news!

HHURRICANE
07-14-2006, 01:42 PM
This has to be good news for every Bills' fan.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

HHURRICANE
07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
:phew:

This ought to calm some of the realists down.

I was one of them. This is an excellent move and for a guy who deserves it!!

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 01:51 PM
I TOLD YOU SO REALISTS!

Patti120
07-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Truly this is good news for NALL BALL BABY!!!!

Seriously though this is great news!!

OpIv37
07-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I TOLD YOU SO REALISTS!

:rolleyes:

While I think this is a very good move, locking up one player who's already on the team is hardly going to make the team go from 5-11 to playoffs in one season.

justasportsfan
07-14-2006, 02:17 PM

While I think this is a very good move, locking up one player who's already on the team is hardly going to make the team go from 5-11 to playoffs in one season.You're right. AFC Championship :dance:

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 02:20 PM

While I think this is a very good move, locking up one player who's already on the team is hardly going to make the team go from 5-11 to playoffs in one season.
didn't take long to down play this moves importance!! :bf1: good work

Meathead
07-14-2006, 02:47 PM
how come its always terms of the deal were not disclosed

this just in: WE ALWAYS FIND OUT ANYWAY

just tell us now marv

billsburgh
07-14-2006, 02:51 PM
this is excellent news. 3 of the 5 starters are young and who the coaches consider to be on the rise with much more potential. now if Villareal can stay healthy or Preson step up and take the right guard spot our line should be better off.

justasportsfan
07-14-2006, 02:55 PM
how come its always terms of the deal were not disclosed

this just in: WE ALWAYS FIND OUT ANYWAY

just tell us now marvPeters is still reading the contract as we speak.

patmoran2006
07-14-2006, 03:23 PM
didn't take long to down play this moves importance!! :bf1: good work

Well when say childish things like "told you so realists" because we resigned our OWN tackle to a contract extension what do you think is gonna happen.

Is that gonna be the case with EVERY peice of Bills for now on.. "Told you so" by either a "homer" or a "realist"

Ridiculous.

I think everyone agrees that locking him up now before he potentially has a big year was a great move.

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Well when say childish things like "told you so realists" because we resigned our OWN tackle to a contract extension what do you think is gonna happen.

Is that gonna be the case with EVERY peice of Bills for now on.. "Told you so" by either a "homer" or a "realist"

Ridiculous.

I think everyone agrees that locking him up now before he potentially has a big year was a great move.
YES.

ICE74129
07-14-2006, 03:30 PM

Holy ****, I can't believe this got done. I thought he was going to hold out til after the season, then really stick it to us or bolt for greener pastures if he had a good year.

I have to give Marv credit for this one.

Was it Marv or did Overdorf flat tell him we wern't going to get much better out there for any less money? Hey I am pleased we got it done, shocked, but pleased.

I am going to be interested in what the numbers are

Mr. Pink
07-14-2006, 03:31 PM

Ridiculous.

And how about if he doesn't have that potentially big year? Then all of you "homers" who applaud the move now can ***** about it later!

BTW, I agree with locking this guy up to a longer term deal, he's the only guy on our o-line now that has ANY clue how to block.

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
What about Reyes Ice? I thought he was decent?

TigerJ
Is there anyone who doesn't think this was a great move by the Bills?

ICE74129
I TOLD YOU SO REALISTS!
You told us what? Peters, no peters, we aren't making the playoffs and this team and org is still a bottom 5 org. Start putting up say 3-5 straight winning seasons with at least 2 playoff runs and we will talk. Till then this team has done nothing.

I can hear the homers now crowing if we make the playoffs next year, but dont' the next two. 'But ICE we made the playoffs 1 out of the last 4 years' LMAO!

CONSISTANT WINNING makes a good org.

ICE74129
07-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Aren't the Indians sucking this year? That was his point

Mr. Pink
07-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Don't be dissin the Tribe, yo!

ICE74129
07-14-2006, 03:48 PM
What about Reyes Ice? I thought he was decent?

What does he have to do with this thread? We are talking about peters here. And I doubt we find a young RT with his upside for less than what we paid him. So what does our LG have to do with talking about the contract ext of a RT????

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 03:57 PM
BTW, I agree with locking this guy up to a longer term deal, he's the only guy on our o-line now that has ANY clue how to block.
This has to do with Reyes.... You are insinuating he has no clue how to block.....

acehole
07-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Good news!! Anyone!

Professor Farnsworth.

From rookie free agent, to practice squad member, to special teams performer, to full-time starter, Jason Peters has made quite the transformation. Now the Bills third-year player can add 'anchor at tackle' to his list of titles as he signed a long term contract extension with Buffalo Monday.

"We just felt he was a very good young prospect who has a great future ahead of him," said Bills Vice President of Football Administration Jim Overdorf. "We wanted to make a commitment to Jason and he was willing to make a commitment to the Buffalo Bills."

BidsJr
07-14-2006, 04:23 PM
You told us what? Peters, no peters, we aren't making the playoffs and this team and org is still a bottom 5 org. Start putting up say 3-5 straight winning seasons with at least 2 playoff runs and we will talk. Till then this team has done nothing.

I can hear the homers now crowing if we make the playoffs next year, but dont' the next two. 'But ICE we made the playoffs 1 out of the last 4 years' LMAO!

CONSISTANT WINNING makes a good org.

This has my vote for "stupidest" post of the offseason. We can talk after 3-5 winning seasons and two playoff runs? I might as well find another board right now cause you'll never stop *****ing. Except for NE and Philly how many others can be in that same catagory? I think the vast majority of fans would be thrilled with an 8-8 season with JP, Lee and Willis developing together.

justasportsfan
07-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Was it Marv or did Overdorf flat tell him we wern't going to get much better out there for any less money? who cares? Marv is the GM. Jim is the nos. guy. Marv get's credit. Your attempt in trying to discredit Marv for the signing is weak. Like your credibility around here. WEAK!

jmb1099
07-14-2006, 09:06 PM
No way Levy had anything to do with this singing, no way. He's too old, he's out of touch, he doesn't understand football anymore. If Levy did have something to do with this it was by accident only. I'm sooo much smarter than him, I could have signed Peter's last week for half the money...stupid old man.

Sorry guys I just wanted to see if it was as much fun to whine and cry as some make it out to be. Funny...I didn't feel "real" while I was doing it...

ghz in pittsburgh
07-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Judging by the recent contracts Marv handed out, shall we say $10 mil for 4 years?

Bulldog
07-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Was it Marv or did Overdorf flat tell him we wern't going to get much better out there for any less money? Hey I am pleased we got it done, shocked, but pleased.

I am going to be interested in what the numbers are

I thought players didn't want to stay in Buffalo any more. I recall a little conversation that we had about this a couple of weeks ago. I said it once, and I'll say it again, it's all about the money. Face it Ice, you were wrong with regards to Peters.

Dr. Lecter
07-14-2006, 09:43 PM
The poor non-stop *****ers. Now the Bills have signed a guy long-term.

What will they do? They thought Marv and crew was about to let every one go.

Good work Marv. Maybe (unlikely) this will give you a temporary break.

mysticsoto
07-14-2006, 10:15 PM
I had Peters going in the 3-4th rd in his draft and couldn't believe he went undrafted. It was fantastic that we ended up with him and fantastic that we've locked him up. GREAT NEWS!!!!

If Nance becomes our next great asset for undrafted pick, that will be great - in truth, beating out Reed should be cake for him!!!

Devin
07-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Fantastic news!!!

Curious to see what the terms are.

ICE74129
07-14-2006, 10:24 PM
I thought players didn't want to stay in Buffalo any more. I recall a little conversation that we had about this a couple of weeks ago. I said it once, and I'll say it again, it's all about the money. Face it Ice, you were wrong with regards to Peters.

Am I? What are the numbers? When we know that, then we can talk.

tampabay25690
07-14-2006, 11:47 PM

My Indians are definitely are playing ****ty ball.....1 game they can score 19 runs against the most OVERRATED BASEBALL TEAM the YANKEES...Then the next day they score 1 run against KC.......

GO FIGURE>>>>>>

Amare
07-14-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm guessing 4-5 years

LifetimeBillsFan
07-15-2006, 03:07 AM
It's good to see the Bills locking up a promising young player that they developed from a raw talent with no real position. I just hope that Peters continues to develop as a player over the course of his new contract the way that he has since he came to the Bills.

Good teams are built by having good drafts, but great teams always have solid players that they find in the lower rounds or on the scrap heap of the NFL and develop. Let's hope that Peters is just the first of several of those players for the Bills.

Sometimes the best acquisition a team can make is not losing a promising young player that it already has on its roster. I'm glad that Peters chose to re-sign with the Bills, after what McNally has done to bring him along as a player, rather than test the free agency waters after this season (which I think we are all anticipating will be a real breakout year for him) and that the Bills chose to wrap him up before he could.

jmb1099
07-15-2006, 05:54 AM
Am I? What are the numbers? When we know that, then we can talk.
You might want to just let this one go. If Peter's singing numbers are decent than Bulldog is right about it being all about the money. If Peter's numbers are low or even average than you still end up having to own up to being wrong because it has been your contention that Buffalo can't attract or keep good players because in your words the organization is a joke. Kind of like Heads he wins tails you lose.

John Doe
07-15-2006, 06:00 AM
You might want to just let this one go. If Peter's singing numbers are decent than Bulldog is right about it being all about the money.

And the Wilson bashers would be wrong about him being too cheap.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Can't we just be happy that he is locked up for a few years and move on? Why does this have to turn into another argument. NO....Peters' extension won't solve the teams problems in one fell swoop. BUT.....it's a nice piece of the puzzle that we can build on. Nothing more, nothing less at this point.

Luisito23
10-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Was reading this thread to cheer me up....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

streetkings01
10-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Was reading this thread to cheer me up....

GO BILLS!!!!!!Our franchise LT sucking to start the season cheers you up???

Night Train
09-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Peters had hernia surgery in January and hasn't been seen or heard from since. The Bills have initiated numerous contacts and have not heard a response. Something doesn't wash.

The chicken littles contend they know better and he'd show if we just tear up his contract with 3 years left and pay him 8-9 Mil a year. That means all current contracts are meaningless & most every player starting should be at Russ Brandons door, asking for a huge yearly increase. That would create complete chaos and ruin any team chemistry we had.

So with thin depth at OT, we move on and will play without him. So be it. Playcalling can hide many blemishes and the Bills seemed to have figured this out in the pre-season. It's the pass rush from the D I'm still concerned with. The O isn't a big concern with me at all. They moved the ball.

Later, Jason. The football season goes on, with or without you.

clumping platelets
09-02-2008, 06:51 AM
:goodpost:

Wally The Barber
09-02-2008, 06:58 AM
Hes not really dead, he's just waiting to be cremated.

SabreEleven
09-02-2008, 07:01 AM
So they are going to cremate him alive?

jamesiscool
09-02-2008, 07:16 AM
I gotta admit, I give Russ credit to have the balls to stand up and put his foot down early in his career.

No one player is bigger than the team.

In Russ I trust!

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Making the probowl this year would raise his chances of getting paid alot more as well, so it seems really stupid for him to be MIA.

SABuffalo786
09-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Boy is he going to feel like an idiot after we win the Superbowl this season.

don137
09-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Well one thing to do is if he does report to the Bills do NOT vote for him to make the pro bowl. Have our voice heard and let it be a factor in him not making another pro bowl.

madness
09-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Adios Peters! Sorry you didn't want to be part of this.

madness
09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Well one thing to do is if he does report to the Bills do NOT vote for him to make the pro bowl. Have our voice heard and let it be a factor in him not making another pro bowl.

I agree with this 100%. :up:

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Peters probably feels a bit isolated, let's trade him for another probowler. I'll take Boldin with Evans as a killer tandem.

shelby
09-02-2008, 08:45 AM
:(

:wave:

justasportsfan
09-02-2008, 08:49 AM
we don't need another expensive wr. Hardy himself will eventually become expensive too. You want to blow your money on the passing game, grab a proven TE instead of another wr.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 08:52 AM
we don't need another expensive wr. Hardy himself will eventually become expensive too. You want to blow your money on the passing game, grab a proven TE instead of another wr.

We need to score more points one way or the other, that we agree on.

justasportsfan
09-02-2008, 08:54 AM
We need to score more points one way or the other, that we agree on.
I think we have the potential to have an awsone wr unit as it is. I'm not sold on the TE position yet.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 09:04 AM
I think we have the potential to have an awsone wr unit as it is. I'm not sold on the TE position yet.

How can you be, the position has been basically ignored for ~13 years.

justasportsfan
09-02-2008, 09:16 AM
How can you be, the position has been basically ignored for ~13 years.
which further strengthens my opinion of finding a TE instead of bringing in Boldin.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 09:35 AM
which further strengthens my opinion of finding a TE instead of bringing in Boldin.

Give me a name here, TE is a little vague.

njsue
09-02-2008, 09:41 AM
IMO the bills have not had a decent TE since Pete Metzelars.

camelcowboy
09-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Hes not really dead, he's just waiting to be cremated.
crispy creamated that fat f$&@

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Give it a couple of weeks of Walker at LT and you'll be begging for Peters. Clearly none of you ever saw Walker at LT while with Oakland.

Ed
09-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Give it a couple of weeks of Walker at LT and you'll be begging for Peters. Clearly none of you ever saw Walker at LT while with Oakland.
Regardless of how Walker plays, it doesn't change any of the facts in how Peters has handled this whole situation.

Not one person here at any point has been happy about the idea of Peters not playing. Everyone is frustrated and dissapointed by the whole thing.

We've been begging for Peters to show up all off-season.

trapezeus
09-02-2008, 10:21 AM
is it possible if boldin was a bill that hardy would become a hybrid TE WR? He's good in the redzone and great across the middle. To have Hardy line up in the slot yet be able to run long could really create match up problems.

also, money aside, those three, would probably force teams to play more nickel on 1st and 2nd down. That automatically makes the Oline play a little better and Marshawn a little more dangerous.

It's an idea. i know the bills won't follow up on it, but it's intriguing.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Regardless of how Walker plays, it doesn't change any of the facts in how Peters has handled this whole situation.

Not one person here at any point has been happy about the idea of Peters not playing. Everyone is frustrated and dissapointed by the whole thing.

We've been begging for Peters to show up all off-season.
The Bills saying they aren't willing to renegotiate 2008 was handling the situation in the wrong way. This front office makes it so clear that we aren't used to handling real players on a regular basis.

justasportsfan
09-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Give me a name here, TE is a little vague.

you can find a top TE based on the price you pay for Boldin whether trade or salary.

HAMMER
09-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Whacky Skooby is back.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2008, 10:53 AM
The Bills saying they aren't willing to renegotiate 2008 was handling the situation in the wrong way. This front office makes it so clear that we aren't used to handling real players on a regular basis.

Everyone wants to ignore this fact.

The Evans deal looks good..oh wait..that didn't happen yet either.

Peters might be handling the situation wrong but the Bills aren't going to come off any better when our best player doesn't play.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Everyone wants to ignore this fact.

The Evans deal looks good..oh wait..that didn't happen yet either.

Peters might be handling the situation wrong but the Bills aren't going to come off any better when our best player doesn't play.
It's funny, I know that we don't generally have players who are elite level talents so we simply aren't used to this kind of thing so everyone automatically assumes that the player is wrong and backs the organization even though they are just as wrong (if not more so) than the player. Here in Dallas even after everyone Jerry gave a new contract to this off-season people are ready to hang him in the streets because he has yet to extend Ware.

What's sad about the situation is that Jerry doesn't even have the cap space to re-sign Ware right now but he will still find a way to get it done because he lives for the Cowboys and their success. Ralph has more money than god (under the cap) right now and he is just sitting on it not doing crap. Two of our three best players deserve a contract six months ago and nothing is being done even now and the season is about to start. This just goes to prove my point that Wilson does not care about the Buffalo Bills and their success.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Whacky Skooby is back.

I never left and kicking around ideas however stupid they seem usually leads to a few cool ideas.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 11:13 AM
:rofl: Boldin wants a new contract, we aren't even willing to pay our two best players, what makes you think that we are going to be willing to pay someone else's best player?

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 11:14 AM
is it possible if boldin was a bill that hardy would become a hybrid TE WR? He's good in the redzone and great across the middle. To have Hardy line up in the slot yet be able to run long could really create match up problems.

also, money aside, those three, would probably force teams to play more nickel on 1st and 2nd down. That automatically makes the Oline play a little better and Marshawn a little more dangerous.

It's an idea. i know the bills won't follow up on it, but it's intriguing.

I think it helps protect Trent and gives ML room to run. First hand on ML would be 3/4 yards past the line, which would raise his total. Backing the defenses up is as easy as having g a having alot of threats on the field.

RedEyE
09-02-2008, 11:15 AM
There aren't even 32 good LT's in the league. Giving up a pro-bowl LT is insanity.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 11:16 AM
There aren't even 32 good LT's in the league. Giving up a pro-bowl LT is insanity.
Not paying him and keeping him happy is even crazier.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 11:17 AM
:rofl: Boldin wants a new contract, we aren't even willing to pay our two best players, what makes you think that we are going to be willing to pay someone else's best player?

Well, it costs money to field talent and someone is going to pay for them.

RedEyE
09-02-2008, 11:17 AM

If he doesn't want to show, let him sit. Plain and simple. Right now Peters is paying Buffalo to be a Bill. How crazy is that?

RedEyE
09-02-2008, 11:19 AM

BTW, renegotiating a contract for a 3rd time in his short lived career is asinine.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 11:19 AM
If he doesn't want to show, let him sit. Plain and simple. Right now Peters is paying Buffalo to be a Bill. How crazy is that?
It will pay off for him ten fold later when someone pays him what he's worth.

Ickybaluky
09-02-2008, 11:20 AM
I never left and kicking around ideas however stupid they seem usually leads to a few cool ideas.

But... think about this one, Skooby:

- Boldin wants out of Arizona because he is unhappy they won't re-do his contract after paying oodles of money to Larry Fitzgerald. Boldin still has 3 years left on his contract, but wants a new one. Why would the Cardinals trade for a player who also wants more money with 3 years left on his contract, but isn't going to report until he gets it?

- Given what the Bills are going through with Jason Peters, why would they want to trade for a player who also has 3 years left on his deal but wants a new one? If they get him the extension he wants, what does that say about their stand on the Peters contract? If they don't give him the extension, why would they want to import another player who is disgruntled over money?

- Given the Bills are working on an extension for Lee Evans which will cost considerable money, why would they want to trade for another expensive WR? Are you saying they shouldn't sign Evans? Should they pay both top money and leave little for other positions? Part of the reason the Bills have so much cap room is because they aren't paying franchise QB money to their QB. If Edwards pans out, don't you think they need to budget to keep him, instead of spending all their money on high-dollar WR?

If you give it a little thought, it really doesn't make sense.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 11:22 AM

He has a near infinite upside as well yet the Bills never really bothered to check why he never showed up. What a way to make a guy feel wanted and babied like these guys need to be. We love you Jason, come home should be the calling. We just have busy signals at TBD.

RedEyE
09-02-2008, 11:25 AM
It will pay off for him ten fold later when someone pays him what he's worth.

Well, he still has to play out his contract for Buffalo, so until this happens he's the only one writing any checks.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I was also looking for any other disgruntled probowler that might help us win now, Boldin was just one example. Can anyone think of someone else we could use that would actually play ???

But... think about this one, Skooby:

- Boldin wants out of Arizona because he is unhappy they won't re-do his contract after paying oodles of money to Larry Fitzgerald. Boldin still has 3 years left on his contract, but wants a new one. Why would the Cardinals trade for a player who also wants more money with 3 years left on his contract, but isn't going to report until he gets it?

- Given what the Bills are going through with Jason Peters, why would they want to trade for a player who also has 3 years left on his deal but wants a new one? If they get him the extension he wants, what does that say about their stand on the Peters contract? If they don't give him the extension, why would they want to import another player who is disgruntled over money?

- Given the Bills are working on an extension for Lee Evans which will cost considerable money, why would they want to trade for another expensive WR? Are you saying they shouldn't sign Evans? Should they pay both top money and leave little for other positions? Part of the reason the Bills have so much cap room is because they aren't paying franchise QB money to their QB. If Edwards pans out, don't you think they need to budget to keep him, instead of spending all their money on high-dollar WR?

If you give it a little thought, it really doesn't make sense.

RedEyE
09-02-2008, 11:29 AM
I was also looking for any other disgruntled probowler that might help us win now, Boldin was just one example. Can anyone think of someone else we could use that would actually play ???

By September 7th? No.

The ball is in Peters court. It sucks it has to be this way, but it is what it is. There is a right way to do business and a wrong way. Peters is going about this the wrong way. He's only hurting himself in the end.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 11:30 AM
By September 7th? No.

The ball is in Peters court. It sucks it has to be this way, but it is what it is. There is a right way to do business and a wrong way. Peters is going about this the wrong way. He's only hurting himself in the end.
The door swings both ways my friend.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Well, he still has to play out his contract for Buffalo, so until this happens he's the only one writing any checks.

I have never seen a more brainwashed post. Play out contract even though you are getting paid 1/3 the equivolent pay of probowl LT? I am not going to support the Bills management for jamming our best players and upsetting them.

The Spaz
09-02-2008, 11:35 AM
The door swings both ways my friend.

With only one party communicating.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 11:36 AM
I have never seen a more brainwashed post. Play out contract even though you are getting paid 1/3 the equivolent pay of probowl LT? I am not going to support the Bills management for jamming our best players and upsetting them.
He's right to a point.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 11:36 AM
With only one party communicating.
Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

RedEyE
09-02-2008, 11:40 AM

Its called a legally binding contract, Skooby. Would you like me to post the definition for you?

He can sit all he wants but he still has to play out the remaining years of his contract.

You can call it "brainwashing" if you'd like, but at least my statements are based on fact. At least I'm not trying to create another EA Sports Madden trade in a real professional league that operates much differently than your fantasy computer franchise.

The Spaz
09-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

If it was the Bills issue you would have heard something from Peters or the agent.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Its called a legally binding contract, Skooby. Would you like me to post the definition for you?

He can sit all he wants but he still has to play out the remaining years of his contract.

You can call it "brainwashing" if you'd like, but at least my statements are based on fact. At least I'm not trying to create another EA Sports Madden trade in a real professional league that operates much differently than your fantasy computer franchise.

Legally binding on one side, the player can get cut by the team and has no contract. This isn't baseball where they are getting paid by hook or by crook, it's a football contract.

Next thing you'll see is the Bills trying to recoup part of Peters signing bonus to really dynamite the bridge back. It's typical RW under pay them or they won't play here BS that we have seen for ~ a decade now.

Name one high priced FA that the Bills brought in, that's in his prime, that produced pro-bowl type plays here in the past 10 years?? We haven't had any and the word is out, you play in Buffalo you're going to get railroaded eventually. The agents players know it, the players know it and obviously by reading some of the post lately, some of the fans are still clueless.

Pay people what they are worth and if they overproduce, pay them more. Remember when Georgia Frontier (Rams owner) gave Kurt Warner a huge bonus after the SB win?? She didn't have to do that but she did, do you know why?? She liked the results she got and paid for them. Our results have been standing toilet water and we still paid alot for them as well. Pay for nothing, play is nothing.

Michael82
09-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Peters had hernia surgery in January and hasn't been seen or heard from since. The Bills have initiated numerous contacts and have not heard a response. Something doesn't wash.

The chicken littles contend they know better and he'd show if we just tear up his contract with 3 years left and pay him 8-9 Mil a year. That means all current contracts are meaningless & most every player starting should be at Russ Brandons door, asking for a huge yearly increase. That would create complete chaos and ruin any team chemistry we had.

So with thin depth at OT, we move on and will play without him. So be it. Playcalling can hide many blemishes and the Bills seemed to have figured this out in the pre-season. It's the pass rush from the D I'm still concerned with. The O isn't a big concern with me at all. They moved the ball.

Later, Jason. The football season goes on, with or without you.
Great post! :bf1:

**** you, Jason Peters! Hope you enjoying sitting on your ass at home, giving up almost $200,000 per week. :ill:

gr8slayer
RIP Ralph Wilson - You've been dead to me for over a decade.

The Spaz
I hope the Bills let him sit for 3 years.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 12:15 PM
I hope the Bills let him sit for 3 years.
Me too, by them Flozell's contract will be over with and he can come to Dallas.

The Spaz
09-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Me too, by them Flozell's contract will be over with and he can come to Dallas.

Lol and he will be 3 years older and won't get nearly the contract he could have had now.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Lol and he will be 3 years older and won't get nearly the contract he could have had now.
Where do you get the idea that he can get a contract now? The Bills made it clear that they aren't renegotiating in 2008.

DraftBoy
09-02-2008, 12:17 PM
What a complete cluster****. All sides are to blame not just Peters or the Bills FO.

The Spaz
09-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Where do you get the idea that he can get a contract now? The Bills made it clear that they aren't renegotiating in 2008.

Umm not this year but what about next? You don't think sitting on his ass for 3 years will hurt his case?

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Umm not this year but what about next? You don't think sitting on his ass for 3 years will hurt his case?
So he shows up this year and blows up his knee, you think the Bills are going to do the "right thing" and pay him the money? No, they'll **** the player like so many owners have done over the years. You are looking at this from a very :homer:istic stand point, both the player and the team stand to get ****ed in a lot of these situations.

Kerr
09-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Some of you are making this way too personal. The guy plays great for the team at a pro bowl level and everyone loves him. Then the guys decides to sit out without a trace and everyone is cursing him like no tomorrow(Not this thread specifically, but in general). The guy doesn't want to play, that's his problem. He has his reasons. Just forget him at least for this year and move forward. Jason Peters has yet to piss on my wheaties so I won't hold a grudge.

Having said...

Good luck Jason.

The Spaz
09-02-2008, 12:25 PM
So he shows up this year and blows up his knee, you think the Bills are going to do the "right thing" and pay him the money? No, they'll **** the player like so many owners have done over the years. You are looking at this from a very :homer:istic stand point, both the player and the team stand to get ****ed in a lot of these situations.

Why would they do the right thing and pay him money if he blows out his knee? If he worked hard in rehab and showed he was capable of performing at a high level again then yeah I would give him a contract extension but not before.

Dr. Pepper
09-02-2008, 12:46 PM
have fun working at mighty taco this year Jason.... can't wait to order a couple 3 cheese nacho burritos from you this fall!

dasaybz
09-02-2008, 12:55 PM
What a greedy ****ing *******. I can't believe he's still pulling this ****.

**** him!!

camelcowboy
09-02-2008, 01:05 PM
No one saw walker play LT in Oakland because he didn't play that position. He was a right tackle and Barry Sims played left then gallery took left tackle. Walker him self said he hasn't played Lt since highschool. So enough telling me what to expect. Walker exceeded my expectations last year and he'll have to do it this year because of the greedy fatass feels one year of good play in which he ended up injured makes him the best lt in the league. I would love to see them sign Anderson and trade this clown.

camelcowboy
09-02-2008, 01:11 PM
if peters craps the bed do the bills get to redo the deal next year? I'm sure peters woundnt give money back after one bad year. I hope the bills don't give him a raise because 3/4 of a good year last season.

Tatonka
09-02-2008, 02:28 PM
walker played a few games at LT due to injuries i believe, camel..

but i do agree.. what happened in oakland has nothing to do with nothing.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 02:47 PM
John Clayton of ESPN reports that Jason Peters is not close to ending his holdout and hasn't talked to the Bills for a month. Peters has three years remaining on his contract, but isn't happy with his $3.5 million salary. Once the holdout extends into the season, Peters will be fined $15,000 per day and forfeit his weekly game checks, so the money is going to add up in a hurry.
Again, quit being tools saying "well he hasn't even called them." I've been telling you throughout this whole thing that there has been communication on some level.

RockStar36
09-02-2008, 02:48 PM
How are they being tools?

If Peters hasn't called them, he hasn't called them. It's a pretty simple concept.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 02:50 PM
How are they being tools?

If Peters hasn't called them, he hasn't called them. It's a pretty simple concept.
If he hasn't talked to them in a month there has been communication through this process on some level. I know for a FACT that there have at least been e-mails exchanged between agent and team. People are acting like he's just simply disappeared and no one knows if he's even alive.

FlyingDutchman
09-02-2008, 02:50 PM
all I know is Peters went from fan favorite, to hated in a hurry. Sucks, cuz I really liked him.

RockStar36
09-02-2008, 02:51 PM
If he hasn't talked to them in a month there has been communication through this process on some level. I know for a FACT that there have at least been e-mails exchanged between agent and team. People are acting like he's just simply disappeared and no one knows if he's even alive.

Don't you think if he talked his agent would come out and say so to not make his client look like such an ass?

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Don't you think if he talked his agent would come out and say so to not make his client look like such an ass?
If you knew his agent worked you wouldn't be surprised.

JJamezz
09-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah, cause John Clayton is such a reliable source of information. lol.

If anything, Peters is probably more likely to show up now..

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 02:53 PM

He's too busy getting new contracts from teams that want to pay their best players, like the Rams. Ralph starts his negotiations with gift cards to Denny's and builds momentum from there.

dasaybz
09-02-2008, 03:00 PM
It basically comes down to Peters being a greedy ****ing guy. He wants nothing to do with his teammates. It's basically him just being out for himself.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 03:01 PM
It basically comes down to Peters being a greedy ****ing guy. He wants nothing to do with his teammates. It's basically him just being out for himself.
You would be shocked at how many NFL players would do the same thing he's doing if put in his situation. Don't fool yourself, players are out for themselves.

RingofFire
09-02-2008, 03:07 PM
DAMMMMMMMM $15,000 per day plus loss of game check!!! That is a lot of money if it continues to Week 10

JEEEEEEEZ

madness
09-02-2008, 03:07 PM

I don't know. I tend to believe the "crypt keeper" should have the most info on people being MIA.

Mr. Pink
09-02-2008, 03:08 PM
I would say 90% of all professional athletes are basically out for the money.

10% probably for love of the game.

If players weren't out for the money, then FA wouldn't be such a big event every year. Where even marginal guys go to new teams for much more money.

But, it's what the game has evolved into through the years.

dasaybz
09-02-2008, 03:10 PM
You would be shocked at how many NFL players would do the same thing he's doing if put in his situation. Don't fool yourself, players are out for themselves.

Not all of them.

If I was his teammate, I'd have some choice words with him the next time I saw him.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Not all of them.

If I was his teammate, I'd have some choice words with him the next time I saw him.
No, I didn't say all of them; but I think you would be shocked how many of them are just out for the cash.

Stewie
09-02-2008, 03:13 PM
So it's going to cost him 1.05 million in fines (post tax dollars)
Plus another 2 million in salary (pre tax dollars)
Which equates to roughly 4 million in lost salary for Peters to sit until week 10.

He better hope the bills cave.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
The NFL is a business it earns massive profits at the expense of the players health. These guys do not go onto to walk easy forever, they usually leave the NFL scarred and have some type of future detriment.

Putting things into a real perspective here, Peters is one of our best players and is getting paid like a middle of the road player. There is a shelf life with players and they can only really expect 1 / 2 really great contracts a career and then some watered down money on the in and the out. So in all reality Peters is in his prime, on our team and we are treating him like a nobody. Kiss his ass, send him a check and get him on our F-in line now. We can ill afford to find a new way to F-up this season after setting up a good looking team and especially after getting it broke off in our butts last season with injuries.

I have no idea why RW would worry about it, his family is going to be rich when he lays down either way.

Ed
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
No, I didn't say all of them; but I think you would be shocked how many of them are just out for the cash.
That's fine, but Jason Peters isn't really helping himself get any cash. He'd be better off playing out this year, making his 4 mil, and then renegotiating a mega deal.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
That's fine, but Jason Peters isn't really helping himself get any cash. He'd be better off playing out this year, making his 4 mil, and then renegotiating a mega deal.
I understand this argument and don't totally disagree, but think about it. What makes you think that the Bills are going to be willing to give him a "mega deal?" We've had all off-season to extend Evans and apparently haven't even made much progress on that front even though we have MORE than enough money to sign anyone we want right now.

The Spaz
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Again, quit being tools saying "well he hasn't even called them." I've been telling you throughout this whole thing that there has been communication on some level.

So doesn't that mean he hasn't talked to the Bills not the Bills haven't tried to talk to him?

tampabay25690
09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
IMO the bills have not had a decent TE since Pete Metzelars.

WHAT?????

Ed
09-02-2008, 03:24 PM
I understand this argument and don't totally disagree, but think about it. What makes you think that the Bills are going to be willing to give him a "mega deal?" We've had all off-season to extend Evans and apparently haven't even made much progress on that front even though we have MORE than enough money to sign anyone we want right now.
They gave Schobel a $50 million extension. They made Dockery one of the highest paid linemen in the league. Assuming a deal does get done with Evans, which it probably will, that only leaves Crowell to re-sign next offseason, which leaves the door wide open to re-sign Peters. You can't tell me that the Bills refuse to pay people.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 03:28 PM
They gave Schobel a $50 million extension. They made Dockery one of the highest paid linemen in the league. Assuming a deal does get done with Evans, which it probably will, that only leaves Crowell to re-sign next offseason, which leaves the door wide open to re-sign Peters. You can't tell me that the Bills refuse to pay people.
The Bills refuse to pay people.... two players doesn't make up for the people we've let go over the years in my opinion.

dasaybz
09-02-2008, 03:32 PM

He's the only one holding out right now. That tells me all I need to know about him. In years past, if guys start missing game checks, then it automatically makes them an *******.

dasaybz
09-02-2008, 03:33 PM
The Bills refuse to pay people.... two players doesn't make up for the people we've let go over the years in my opinion.

This is on Peters, not the Bills. He should have shown up to camp and got his ass in here. If he does that, then he probably already has a new deal.

He's such an idiot.

justasportsfan
09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
so far the onlt communication I've seen if Peters possibly logging in to BB.com and reading reports.

Ed
09-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Different regimes though, and we still always spent to the cap in those years.

I think the Bills have at least shown in the last few years that they will pay top dollar when they need to.

Regardless, I think Peters is still hurting himself financially. He hasn't even reached his prime yet. He was on a perfect course to setting himself up to be the highest paid lineman in the league and he's screwing it up. Everyone else loses too in the meantime.

It's not like Peters is the first guy to outperform his salary for one year, but most players wait for the right opportunity to cash in.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 04:03 PM

Thus why we haven't seen a jan. game in 9 years as well.

Lexwhat
09-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't have to believe what the bills say. I only have to read what Evans admitted that it's close and that because he showed up. POint is, Evans showed up and they are talking. Peters stays home and keeps his mouth shut because his agent told him. What did that produce? Nothing.

Lexwhat
09-02-2008, 04:12 PM
so far the onlt communication I've seen if Peters possibly logging in to BB.com and reading reports.

See above.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
:ill:

Lexwhat
09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Hahahaha ...

People are gonna see this thread later tonight, and think that we just extended him.

PECKERWOOD
09-02-2008, 04:19 PM

Fat Pat (fan favorite) and Winfield immediately come to mind. I would've said Nate Clements but it's obvious that San Fran vastly overpaid for his services.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
No one saw walker play LT in Oakland because he didn't play that position. He was a right tackle and Barry Sims played left then gallery took left tackle. Walker him self said he hasn't played Lt since highschool. So enough telling me what to expect. Walker exceeded my expectations last year and he'll have to do it this year because of the greedy fatass feels one year of good play in which he ended up injured makes him the best lt in the league. I would love to see them sign Anderson and trade this clown.
Actually Walker did play LT; lies won't get you anywhere.

But Walker never found his footing moving around the Raiders' offensive line over the years (he played at LT and LG in addition to RT) and was pushed around a lot for a guy who checks in at 6-feet-8 and 350 pounds.

Langston Walker made an impressive showing as a rookie. When Lincoln Kennedy was down or taking plays out, Langston Walker played like on of the best rookie offensive lineman in the NFL. He used his "Bubbly" and "sluggish" 6'8 344 pound body to his advantage, proving as a reliable plug at left tackle.

Sadly, the next year he showed his true colors at LT and was eventually moved to just about every position in the OL before the Raiders finally gave up on him.

SquishDaFish
09-02-2008, 04:48 PM
:lol: I thought that until I saw the date before I clicked it :roflmao:

SquishDaFish
09-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Winfield isnt really missed is he?? :idunno: I agree on Pat Williams though

gil
09-02-2008, 04:57 PM
This is just stupid to bump this thread

Mr. Pink
09-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I agree someone shoulda forked it!

The date below it would be more current!

:rofl:

The last buffalo fan
09-02-2008, 05:15 PM
taco taco! :mad:

Crisis
09-02-2008, 05:19 PM
lol @ the martin nance posts in here

SABuffalo786
09-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Not cool.

Jan Reimers
09-02-2008, 05:24 PM
So they are going to cremate him alive?
Don't try to cheer me up.

Midwesternbillsfan
09-02-2008, 05:44 PM
All that has surrounded the Jason Peters' saga has been speculation. All that we've known- that it wouldn't be Russ Brandon and the Bills relenting from their position- has at least turned out to be true. But Peters is really- apparently- counting that we will. Otherwise, he's wasting $190,000 in game checks on a weekly basis, to say nothing of his half-million dollars (and growing) in fines that he owes. Bucky Gleason of the Buffalo News pointed out that the Bills will 'go down w/the ship' before they capitulate to Peters' demands, which aren't comments that should resonate well w/the fans but it does seem like the fans have (mostly) turned on Peters and might just blame him for a lost season. So what exactly are Peters' options at this point, anyway?

A) Peters returns to the team within the next month, shows himself to be in good shape, takes a week or two to familiarize himself and learn the modified blocking schemes, and then makes an impact w/the Bills this season...

Likelihood: It doesn't look good- this game of chicken won't have any declared winner that soon...

Cost/Benefit Analysis: This is the best and certainly most logical choice Peters could make (logic hasn't been the transcendent theme w/him throughout all of this). Peters wouldn't be forfeiting weekly salaries (at least, not as many of them) and he certainly still has enough time to have a very impactful season w/the Bills- that would enhance his chances (so it would seem) to be granted a new and improved contract in this offseason w/just two years left on his old one versus the three left now. The downside for Peters is that he 'loses' the egotistical standoff w/the Bills' front-office...

B) Peters returns to the team for the start of week 10 to accrue one contractual season, leaving him just two years left on his contract.

Likelihood: Impossible to say, but it seems considerably more likely than option A...

Cost/Benefit Analysis: Though this is more likely than choice A), it's much worse of an option. The Bills- at least for this season- will have 'moved on' from Peters by week 10 (if perceptually they haven't already), and even if he does receive a chance to contribute, he will probably have a small impact, certainly not enough of an impact to engender the opening up of new contract talks w/the Bills during the offseason. Taking the 'Peters will report week 10' approach even further, some believe Peters will do that three times until he's finally an UFA. If that's the situation, he's truly a fool- what value would a player have on the FA market of 2011 who's four years removed since his last meaningful- and complete- season (2007)?

C) Jason Peters doesn't return to the Bills at all this season and "demands" a trade out of Buffalo...

Likelihood: I'm not sure about the chances of Peters not returning to the Bills at any point (particularly, week 10), but I do believe that a trade "demand" is eventual...

Cost/Benefit Analysis: Peters could make out well w/this situation; if he was traded before the trading deadline this season OR in the offseason, he'd still generate a lot of interest and would inexorably receive (most) of the big money he's seeking now. So what's the problem? A big one for big ol' #71: the Bills don't have to trade him, and the Bills can't be compelled to trade him. Jason Peters 'owes' three more years of services to the Bills; he's not free to sign w/any other team, obviously. And the Bills may not want to trade him for reasons that they don't want to promote the notion that if a player tries to hold the franchise hostage long enough because of grievances w/his salary, that the Bills will ultimately trade that player and allow him to cash in. Yes, the more practical and probably 'better' approach is to trade Peters and collect at least a 1st-round pick in return; he's of no use or consequence to Buffalo when he's not even there, so why not trade him and add a piece that CAN help? The problem for Peters is this, though- Russ Brandon apparently doesn't like being screwed with. And I believe it's very possible that Brandon could refuse to trade Peters and instead screw him, leaving Peters no recourse to ever play in this league if he never opted to return to the Bills. Yeah, Jason Peters could've already gone into early retirement...

Night Train
09-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Most everyone wants him back but this is one of the strangest holdouts ever, due to the lack of contact between sides. I'm wondering if he'll let ANY team look at him medically. WTF is going on ? We don't know anything.

Otherwise, I say grab a #1 pick for him and draft his replacement with that extra pick next April. If he's not going to help us this year, he never will. Focus on the present.

Football goes on.

The Spaz
09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
People were happy...lol

Midwesternbillsfan
09-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Most everyone wants him back but this is one of the strangest holdouts ever, due to the lack of contact between sides. I'm wondering if he'll let ANY team look at him medically. WTF is going on ? We don't know anything.

Otherwise, I say grab a #1 pick for him and draft his replacement with that extra pick next April. If he's not going to help us this year, he never will. Focus on the present.

Football goes on.

About a trade, I still don't know if the Bills won't view that as a repudiation of themselves since Peters would probably be receiving from another club the lucrative deal he had been seeking all along. I'm not saying I agree that it'd be wise to own that mentality; I'm just not dismissing it as an impossibility. But yeah, if the Bills do decide to act most pragmatically and wisely for the organization by trading Peters, they're going to have to trade him this season before the trading deadline of October 14th. Otherwise, Peters' value in the offseason will be stunted (as a matter of record, his price tag will be, too- he'd have to settle for less than he's asking for now in any extension). Anyway, regarding Peters' current value, he could certainly net at least a mid-1st right now. In the offseason after a year in which he either returned in week 10 or didn't play at all? Impossible to tell but obviously it'd be a regressing value.

Mitchell55
09-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Edit- Sorry, I got punked.

The Spaz
09-02-2008, 06:06 PM
**** these Peters threads!! **** Jason Peters!!

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Peters didn't sign :snicker:

Mitchell55
09-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Damn it. The thread was from a few years ago. Sorry, I jumped to conclusions. Why the hell did they post it.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Peters is off the team as of today, there is no real reason to welcome him back unless he is very contrite and lost that POS agent, all of this is basically from a Bills management standpoint.

From a Peters standpoint, he is working for a lot less than others in his position, so why not get paid what he is worth.

I as fan want the Bills to win the SB every year and fielding the best team usually gets results closer that goal.

Going over the whole situation, Peters has asked for a raise everytime he has changed agents, so not expecting him to ask for one after his first probowl was a management miscue that cannot be overlooked. The owner and management cannot attract high power free agents in their prime nor do they pretend to be able to.
I think that Peters actually has a valid case for a raise and this situation needed to be handled with kid gloves. New management sticking their chest out and showing who's boss at our teams expense.

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Damn it. The thread was from a few years ago. Sorry, I jumped to conclusions. Why the hell did they post it.
No problem.

Night Train
09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
About a trade, I still don't know if the Bills won't view that as a repudiation of themselves since Peters would probably be receiving from another club the lucrative deal he had been seeking all along. I'm not saying I agree that it'd be wise to own that mentality; I'm just not dismissing it as an impossibility. But yeah, if the Bills do decide to act most pragmatically and wisely for the organization by trading Peters, they're going to have to trade him this season before the trading deadline of October 14th. Otherwise, Peters' value in the offseason will be stunted (as a matter of record, his price tag will be, too- he'd have to settle for less than he's asking for now in any extension). Anyway, regarding Peters' current value, he could certainly net at least a mid-1st right now. In the offseason after a year in which he either returned in week 10 or didn't play at all? Impossible to tell but obviously it'd be a regressing value.

Agreed.

I look at it as forced Free Agency, with a guy who's going to leave anyhow and sign with another team. His head isn't here anymore or his agent is screwing him, for whatever reason. Maybe telling him a dozen teams will pay him 8-9 Mil and to give it time, even if it takes forcing a trade.

I hope I'm proven wrong in the next 2-3 days and he returns...but it looks grim.

So get something for him in a worst case scenerio.

Mitchell55
09-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I hate who ever did this. I almost wet my pants.

The Jokeman
09-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Evil. Just pure evil.

DrGraves
09-02-2008, 06:29 PM
**** YOU ****ING *******

HHURRICANE
09-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I laughed.

Wally The Barber
09-02-2008, 06:39 PM
If I was Jason, I would take the money this year then hold out again next year!

SquishDaFish
09-02-2008, 06:39 PM
:roflmao:

Tatonka
09-02-2008, 06:42 PM
**** the douche that bumped this.

mayotm
09-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Somebody move this ****. This is just stupid.

Tatonka
09-02-2008, 06:49 PM
those three options are well put. nice job.

i think it is option 3.. but not because he wants a trade. i think he is done playing football.

the guy, nor his agent, have not at any point asked for more money.. they have not at any point been in contact. a player that is holding out for more money would obviously call the team and ask for more right? so he has disappeared off the face of the earth for no apparent reason and is forfeiting tons of money in the mean time. it is not like this guy got a ton of money already.. he is not sitting on an endless pile of cash like brett farve...

i think he is ricky williams to be honest.

Kenny
09-02-2008, 06:51 PM
booo!!!! just got home and got excited when I saw this thread

Tatonka
09-02-2008, 06:53 PM

exactly.. clayton doesnt know ****.. i can find you a link that says that neither side has talked at all since january...

ricky williams. **** him.

Night Train
09-02-2008, 06:57 PM
You've been telling us, like you know. Throw darts and proclaim swami status.

It's all speculation.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=Night Train]You've been telling us, like you know. Throw darts and proclaim swami status.

It's all speculation.[/QUOTE

We know that the management is flexing their proverbial muscles.

LABillsFan
09-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Evans is no fool either. He plays, he shows what he is worth based on his performance. In essence, either the Bills pony up or someone else will. I don't know why the extension is taking so long with Evans. But it is his favor to play, it shows commitment and professionalism. He only has more to gain. The Bills more to lose if his numbers increase. Reminds me of Drury and the Sabres on the surface.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Ricky Williams, Oye.

those three options are well put. nice job.

i think it is option 3.. but not because he wants a trade. i think he is done playing football.

the guy, nor his agent, have not at any point asked for more money.. they have not at any point been in contact. a player that is holding out for more money would obviously call the team and ask for more right? so he has disappeared off the face of the earth for no apparent reason and is forfeiting tons of money in the mean time. it is not like this guy got a ton of money already.. he is not sitting on an endless pile of cash like brett farve...

i think he is ricky williams to be honest.

!Papacrunk!
09-02-2008, 07:14 PM
you never EVER get rid of a great tackle. NNNNNNEEEEEEEEVVVVVERRRRR!

LABillsFan
09-02-2008, 07:20 PM
I got a different take Skoob. You don't bend over for a bad apple. Look at Henry and Mcgahee. Then look at Bruce. Different management but the same owner. When you're as dominant as Bruce was, yeah, you got a lot of pull and being a fan favorite helped his cause. Henry was a favorite, but he was no Thomas, the same with McGahee. Every once in a while, you get a player like Peters.

Management did know after Peter's made the Pro Bowl that his contract would be an issue. They wouldn't have said they know he is worth more than his present contract, or they wouldn't talk about it unless he reported.

PromoTheRobot
09-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Trading Peters would be the dumbest thing the Bills could do. For one his value is dropping like a rock so we wouldn't get squat for him. Second a trade would be a reward for his behavior. And third, we'd only be helping that other team. Keeping Peters costs us nothing He plays for the Bills or he never plays.

PTR

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 07:28 PM
you never EVER get rid of a great tackle. NNNNNNEEEEEEEEVVVVVERRRRR!

How about a probowl LT?? Those are a little harder to replace huh?? You can thank the new hero's in charge to not trying to compromise somehow to at least get him here and talk things over.

LABillsFan
09-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Trading Peters would be the dumbest thing the Bills could do. For one his value is dropping like a rock so we wouldn't get squat for him. Second a trade would be a reward for his behavior. And third, we'd only be helping that other team. Keeping Peters costs us nothing He plays for the Bills or he never plays.

PTR

Unless 2-3 teams are looking for his service. Keeping Peters may cost nothing financially, but you don't want the rep of ruining a players career. That would be very costly when trying to sign others.

LABillsFan
09-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Maybe he is scared of sucess?

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I got a different take Skoob. You don't bend over for a bad apple. Look at Henry and Mcgahee. Then look at Bruce. Different management but the same owner. When you're as dominant as Bruce was, yeah, you got a lot of pull and being a fan favorite helped his cause. Henry was a favorite, but he was no Thomas, the same with McGahee. Every once in a while, you get a player like Peters.

Management did know after Peter's made the Pro Bowl that his contract would be an issue. They wouldn't have said they know he is worth more than his present contract, or they wouldn't talk about it unless he reported.

They could of called him in march and said hey, there is Million dollar bonus for reporting and we'll work out the rest sometime soon. He would of showed up on that note I bet.

Yasgur's Farm
09-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Bull**** thread resurrection!!

Patti120
09-02-2008, 07:39 PM
This is not funny!

LABillsFan
09-02-2008, 07:39 PM
:rofl: Nice one Gr8

LABillsFan
09-02-2008, 07:40 PM
They could of called him in march and said hey, there is Million dollar bonus for reporting and we'll work out the rest sometime soon. He would of showed up on that note I bet.

Good point, but at what point do you as management look at a player, who has asked 3 times in what, 4 years? for more money and say enough is enough.

TEtoLeeTD
09-02-2008, 07:41 PM
I love Nance, I think he's going to be a lot better than Reed in this offense, a red zone threat, he's a taller and cheaper Reed.

hahahahah not even close!

Yasgur's Farm
09-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Bastage... Fargin Icehole... Hot supper!!!!!

HHURRICANE
09-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I've hammered on the Bills for the entire situation.

However, until we get Peter's side of the story I'm not going to waste anymore time on it.

Maybe he's hurt, maybe he's high, or maybe he's never going to get paid on this team, with this owner. Only time will tell now.

more cowbell
09-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I saw screw him. Keep him on the roster and tell him to go F himself. He's not bigger than the team.

This guy was a NOBODY coming out of college and the Bills gave him a chance. He turned into a great player, but considering the Bills made him who he is today you think he would actually RESPECT them somewhat and SHOW UP to camp and ask for a new contract. He definetaly deserves a new deal, but not if he's not participating with the rest of the team.

Last year Kelsay got a big new deal and Schobel didnt say a word. He shows up to camp...a new deal is hammered out.

Brad Butler had a very good season last year...shows up to camp...new deal.

Kyle Williams has started at DT for 2 years now. We sign Spencer Johnson to a big deal to be a rotational player. Williams doesnt say a word...shows up to camp...new deal.

Peters has to be one of the stupidest football players ever. His agent might even be stupider than he is. I completely applaud the FO for growing a sack on this matter.

Patti120
09-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Breaking it down to Jason Peters...

Me: Jason, let me break this down for you in a very simple way. You know the coin toss in each game that you play in (are supposed to play in) during any regular season game?

You just made my annual salary during that 30-60 second period!

Now get in here and play *****!

Michael82
09-02-2008, 08:16 PM
I saw screw him. Keep him on the roster and tell him to go F himself. He's not bigger than the team.

This guy was a NOBODY coming out of college and the Bills gave him a chance. He turned into a great player, but considering the Bills made him who he is today you think he would actually RESPECT them somewhat and SHOW UP to camp and ask for a new contract. He definetaly deserves a new deal, but not if he's not participating with the rest of the team.

Last year Kelsay got a big new deal and Schobel didnt say a word. He shows up to camp...a new deal is hammered out.

Brad Butler had a very good season last year...shows up to camp...new deal.

Kyle Williams has started at DT for 2 years now. We sign Spencer Johnson to a big deal to be a rotational player. Williams doesnt say a word...shows up to camp...new deal.

Peters has to be one of the stupidest football players ever. His agent might even be stupider than he is. I completely applaud the FO for growing a sack on this matter.
Excellent post! :bf1:

Meathead
09-02-2008, 08:19 PM
he cant even get other agents to not openly criticize his strategy

at this point jasons rep is plummeting faster than any monetary benefit he might gain

major mistake on his part imo

HAMMER
09-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Too funny.

VeggieMan14
09-02-2008, 08:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/A3_n0B1EaOY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/A3_n0B1EaOY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A3_n0B1EaOY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

VeggieMan14
09-02-2008, 08:52 PM
<OBJECT height=344 width=425>
<embed src="<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/A3_n0B1EaOY&hl=en&fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/A3_n0B1EaOY&amphl=en&ampfs=1[/URL]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT> damnit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3_n0B1EaOY&feature=related</P>

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Good point, but at what point do you as management look at a player, who has asked 3 times in what, 4 years? for more money and say enough is enough.

You make the probowl on the O-line, you get paid ~$6-9 M a season. Peters is making ~50% of that now and after crying wolf 3 times, there was really a wolf there now. Being Proactive in management instead of reactive gets your a much higher level of success, in the long run.

Also, there a history there of what was to come, especially after a probowl appearance. Sitting there with a thumb in your butt is not going to put your best lineman on the field, throwing him a bone that is admittedly well deserved would not of been out of line. Little reporting bonus, we'll work something out later.

PECKERWOOD
09-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Only way I would trade for Boldin is if we extend Evans first, and if we can extend Boldin.

VeggieMan14
09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Watch this its hilarious

VeggieMan14
09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LAFmuAbIds

HHURRICANE
09-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Sadly, this why I don't ride on Marta.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Only way I would trade for Boldin is if we extend Evans first, and if we can extend Boldin.

Hardy becoming a hybrid TE with Boldin / Evans WR's puts us at ~28 points a game.

hydro
09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
IM PRESIDENT CHARLEY!!

JJamezz
09-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Where's my ass can?

:rofl:

VeggieMan14
09-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Where's my ass can?

:rofl: the sad thing is that this was not set up and the girl was actually arrested lol

Novacane
09-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Praying the Bills get off to a fast start so all these Peters threads will disapear.

Tatonka
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I want my shake!
I want my sheath!
I want my sheet!
I want my shin!

GIH-DAH-BAH FAITH!!!!

northernbillfan
09-02-2008, 09:27 PM
All the posts and threads about Jason Peters will end up here.

SquishDaFish
09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Good move NBF

RingofFire
09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
i'm smart!!! This was all my idea :)

gr8slayer
09-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Maybe he is scared of sucess?
We know the Bills are, they prove it year in and year out.

PECKERWOOD
09-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Hardy becoming a hybrid TE with Boldin / Evans WR's puts us at ~28 points a game.

It would be interesting to put Evans in the slot with Hardy and Boldin on the outside. Buffalo would be able to run 3 WR sets effectively, along with the spread offense. Who knows really? Alot of people here think that not having Peters is going to hurt us, I disagree. I think we will be fine. The left side of the line should still be able to dominate the run game with Walker and Dockery, those are 2 big mofo's I wouldn't want to mess with. We should see more success with play action and screen plays this year.

Tatonka
09-02-2008, 11:01 PM
GIH-DAH-BAH FAITH!!!!

njsue
09-03-2008, 02:26 AM
I am feeling :faint:

PromoTheRobot
09-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Unless 2-3 teams are looking for his service. Keeping Peters may cost nothing financially, but you don't want the rep of ruining a players career. That would be very costly when trying to sign others.
Oh no!! Buffalo's reputation can't afford to take a hit like that! :drama:

You can't possibly be serious? If we traded Peters for that reason, we'd have the rep of being a bunch of idiots.

PTR

HHURRICANE
09-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Do you think he shows up on Saturday to collect his first game paycheck?

I can't believe in this era the Bills are going to have a guy sit til week 10?

Who was the last guy that did this? I think TO or Johnson?

This just seems insane to me.

Dr. Lecter
09-03-2008, 11:52 AM
I could see him walking into 1 Bills Drive Saturday so he gets paid (and placed on the 2-week reserve list).

The question then is: would he be ready for week 2?

justasportsfan
09-03-2008, 11:52 AM
great another Peters thread when the MODs just merged the others. thanks HH.:rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
09-03-2008, 11:53 AM
great another Peters thread when the MODs just merged the others. thanks HH.:rolleyes:

Dude, who was the last player to do this and when?

HHURRICANE
09-03-2008, 11:55 AM
I could see him walking into 1 Bills Drive Saturday so he gets paid (and placed on the 2-week reserve list).

The question then is: would he be ready for week 2?

If he has any chance of saving face with his teammates he would need to show up by Saturday.

If not I just don't see him in another Bills uniform.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh no!! Buffalo's reputation can't afford to take a hit like that! :drama:

You can't possibly be serious? If we traded Peters for that reason, we'd have the rep of being a bunch of idiots.

PTR

PTR you are way off base here. The Bills have a hard enough time signing good players so this certainly wouldn't help the cause.

raphael120
09-03-2008, 12:03 PM
If he has any chance of saving face with his teammates he would need to show up by Saturday.

If not I just don't see him in another Bills uniform.

I sure can't remember the last time that happened (for the full 10 weeks)...it's been a good few years, at least.

If we do end up having to trade the guy, I wonder what most fans will think. Will their be outrage? Will people start saying "Here's PROOF Ralph is cheap!"? Will people stand firm with the Bills organization and agree that this is all Peter's doing and he's being a baby and, fine, trade him.

If that's the case, and we do trade him...what do you think we could get for him? Thats an even more interesting question. A 1rst and 4th round draft pick? Or would we want a proven player? Like a LB? WR? But we'd be rebuilding our line all over again.

If we struggle heavily without Peters, do you think the Bills are stupid to not cave in to the demands?

HHURRICANE
09-03-2008, 12:11 PM
A team that can't keep their best player has problems. Period.

Blame Peters for the short term issue, blame the team for the long term issue.

gr8slayer
09-03-2008, 12:36 PM
A team that can't keep their best player has problems. Period.

Blame Peters for the short term issue, blame the team for the long term issue.I blame Wilson.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-03-2008, 01:27 PM

Wow...that surprised me..

It's about time Jason, ****in scaring me like that...

But in reality im glad they got this deal done..it took a while, but hey we got our pro-bowl LT back..an now the bills will be looking for the playoffs baby!!!

GO BILLS!:rockon:

madness
09-03-2008, 01:29 PM
:shakeno:

!Papacrunk!
09-03-2008, 01:32 PM
how much did Dockery get offered/paid before he played a down for the Bills?

hammerbillsfan
09-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow...that surprised me..

It's about time Jason, ****in scaring me like that...

But in reality im glad they got this deal done..it took a while, but hey we got our pro-bowl LT back..an now the bills will be looking for the playoffs baby!!!

GO BILLS!:rockon:

:lmao:

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-03-2008, 01:35 PM
:lmao:

laughing with joy i see?

hammerbillsfan
09-03-2008, 01:36 PM
laughing with joy i see?

no, you got fooled!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1557934&postcount=1

JerseyBoofaloBills