• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

We have Marv to thank...again

Thanks Marv for the great foundation you gave us fans to root for.

You cleaned up Donahoe's mess and built a great team with your expertise and knowledge of what makes a great football player.

It is becuase of you we are excited once again for a season to start and not going through the motions of false hopes as we did in the Donahoe years.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: We have Marv to thank...again

I will thank him once the winning results are in.

Should Marvs annointed one Dick Jauron fail, the foundation MArv built could be torn down by the new HC.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Amen. I think this is the year it all comes together.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• njsue
        Jersey Girl!!!!!!
        • Sep 2003

to Marv Levy.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

He certainly did, and he did it quick as well. TD was all about skill players and for the most part just ignored the lines while he was here. Marv was able to find balance is acquiring the two.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

While Marv was not perfect (what GM is perfect), he was able to build a nice foundation given his limited resources compared to other teams.
            While no one knows for certain the team will take it to the next level there obviously is enough fans to believe in the team based on the season ticket base and how excited the non-pessimists are going into the season.

Comment

• northernbillfan
              Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Even the pessimists are a little excited... deep down inside. THey just wont admit it
              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Talk to me after we win a ring. Then I'll thank him.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

7-9 the first two seasons of a complete rebuild of a franchise? That rarely happens in the NFL. If the Bills make the playoffs, it's safe to say Marv would have just *****-slapped all the haters and doubters in one shot.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                    • Sep 2004

Marv
                    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by madness
                      I've said it before and I'll say it again.

7-9 the first two seasons of a complete rebuild of a franchise? That rarely happens in the NFL. If the Bills make the playoffs, it's safe to say Marv would have just *****-slapped all the haters and doubters in one shot.
                      Making the playoffs is easy, winng a ring is impressive.

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                        Marv's job is to put the tools in place. The players need to win the ring
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          Making the playoffs in the AFC is NOT easy, winning a ring would definitely be impressive.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            Making the playoffs in the AFC is NOT easy, winning a ring would definitely be impressive.
                            Yeah, it is easy; we're one of only three teams in the entire league who hasn't made the playoffs in the past eight (?) years.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                              Marv's job is to put the tools in place. The players need to win the ring

coaches are part of Marv putting the tools in place. Coaches have to put the player in situations to win the ring.

The jury is still out on Dick. If Dick didn't screw up with fairchild, we wouldn't have wasted 2 years. But thats okay, we gave him 3 years. He's still on schedule. He better have gotten it right with Turk or his 3 years are up and only then can we start either thanking Marv of cussing him.

He used the same blueprint he used in the 90's when it comes to building a team. Problem is, did he hire the right foreman (Dick)
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X