Youboty lands nickel job shows McKlevin is a disappointing pick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Youboty lands nickel job shows McKlevin is a disappointing pick...

I know there are alot of people on here who will get mad at this but in my opinion when you take a guy at 11 and he cant even win the nickel job and is also lower on the depth chart then a guy who was drafted in the 4th round u can officially be disappointed
    Mcklevin in my opinion and i stated it right after we drafted him was a bad pick, i liked what we had in Greer and McGee and always thought everyone was 2 hard on Youboty considering he was 20 when we has drafted

Mcklevin is too small to ever be a shut down corner at 5ft 10 180lbs and he is also a horrible open feild tackler and will not come up to support the run, he has stone hands unfortunatly and he will get out jumped for balls

He also is dumb as a rock and relys on his athletic ability instead of learning the defense, these are attributes that shouldnt be in an 11th overall pick also gets regularyl ripped on first moves by WRs

But he is a good kick returner blah blah blah, look at all who bashed the Tedd Ginn Jr pick well boys and girls we did the same thing this year, and the worst part is we had awesome KR and PR already here and both still young

Youboty emerged and i hope someday i will say the same for Ledois but right now i seriously doubt it cause i watched him get regularly picked on in the preseason, as well as getting ripped in practice the 2 that i went 2, i think if Mcklevin would have been the 4th round pick he would be on the PS right now or cut

as of right now we would have been better drafting another postion DL or OL
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Youboty lands nickel job shows McKlevin is a disappointing pick...

wrong. youboty looked like crap before this preseason and we havent played a down of real football yet.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

plus you saying he is dumb as a rock is just a straight up ignorant statement that discredits anything else you said.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I usually agree with you, but it's a little early to be disappointed with McKelvin. I think the Bills' brass knew he was going to be a project, coming out of a small school, but really liked his long range potential.

I think everyone would like their high 1st round pick to start, but I think this is a case where we won't see McKelvin's true value as a CB for a year or so. We might like him a lot on returns, however.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

I think it's too early to call McKelvin a wasted pick. True, he was expected to take over the nickel role, but the whole purpose of this pick was not only insurance, but also competition. They also got a good special teams player in return as well. What if something were to happen to Mcgee? It's insurance and assurance you have something to pick up the load if needed. You grab possibly the best corner in the draft and you know guys will be fighting for their jobs. It makes guys like Greer, Mcgee and Youbouty perform that much better. As a result, Youbouty has come around and surprised quite a few. Besides, as the old adage goes, you can never have too many good corners.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

I couldn’t disagree more with just about everything you said. There are very few rookies at corner that look like they “get it” their first year. Aside from Reevis last year, when’s the last time you saw a rookie cornerback have a great and productive rookie season? He’ll be fine.

Having said that, I said right after the draft I didn’t like the pick. I wanted Brandon Albert, and this was months before we knew Peters would be a holdout. IMO, when you have a pro bowl guard or tackle on the board you draft him, they’re harder to come by and this team almost ALWAYS neglects the OL, especially early in the draft.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

Wow,
              Really?
              Seriously?
              so everyone thinks the number 1 rated CB in the country and the 11 best player in the draft not even being the number 4 CB isnt dissappointing
              Guys open ur eyes, and ears

and dont call me ignorant did u even play the game ever in ur life ?
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                plus you saying he is dumb as a rock is just a straight up ignorant statement that discredits anything else you said.
                Seriously? Bro watch ur mouth
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  I usually agree with you, but it's a little early to be disappointed with McKelvin. I think the Bills' brass knew he was going to be a project, coming out of a small school, but really liked his long range potential.

I think everyone would like their high 1st round pick to start, but I think this is a case where we won't see McKelvin's true value as a CB for a year or so. We might like him a lot on returns, however.
                  i guess everyone doesnt get what i wrote, i wasnt expecting him to be the starting CB opposite MCgee, but when u take someone at 11, they should have the natural ability to at least challenge for the nickel spot, sorry i am 100% right
                  especially that we are paying him as much as we are to be the 5th cb

That is why he is dumb as a rock watch an interveiw with him please
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    I couldn’t disagree more with just about everything you said. There are very few rookies at corner that look like they “get it” their first year. Aside from Reevis last year, when’s the last time you saw a rookie cornerback have a great and productive rookie season? He’ll be fine.
                    Agreed. Its very rare a CB just jumps right in as an All-Pro player.
                    I think by week 6 you will see Leodis on the field for just as many plays as Youboty.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Having said that, I said right after the draft I didn’t like the pick. I wanted Brandon Albert, and this was months before we knew Peters would be a holdout. IMO, when you have a pro bowl guard or tackle on the board you draft him, they’re harder to come by and this team almost ALWAYS neglects the OL, especially early in the draft.

The first corner taken in every draft for the past decade outside of 2 I believe had productive rookie campaigns and started almost every game.

Pacman, DeAngelo Hall, Woodson, Bailey, Springs, Revis had productive rookie years and started almost every game.

Deltha O'neal, Phillip Buchanon combined for 2 starts out of 22 games played...See how they look now?

Nate Clements is the exception with 11 starts in 16 and he turned out well in the end.

I brought this up in another post...I'm worried that we drafted the next Deltha O'neal.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

I certainly expect our first round pick to be a starter; but it's way too early to label him.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

I didnt expect him to start opposite Mcgee, but i was hoping he would be able to contrbute more than just a KR, he is the number 5 CB on this team, that is not the way it goes normally when u take the best CB in the nation coming out of college at 11 and ur paying him 3-4 mil a year
                          Sorry bro but its dissapointing to see how bad he played on D in the preseason
                          It is disappointing to watch him get burned regularly in practice
                          It is disappointing to see how he is feilding punts at the 5
                          Its disappointing we took someone so raw at 11 when there were more polished players at other postiions that could be in a Bills uniform

Disappointing Pick
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            I certainly expect our first round pick to be a starter; but it's way too early to label him.
                            I guess i should have sad a dissapointing pick so far, maybe everyone would feel better...
                            Trust me i hope i am dead wrong and we got the next Deion
                            But i doubt it not after watching him play so far
                            I would be happy with him being the next Marlon Kerner
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

The first corner taken in every draft for the past decade outside of 2 I believe had productive rookie campaigns and started almost every game.

Pacman, DeAngelo Hall, Woodson, Bailey, Springs, Revis had productive rookie years and started almost every game.

Deltha O'neal, Phillip Buchanon combined for 2 starts out of 22 games played...See how they look now?

Nate Clements is the exception with 11 starts in 16 and he turned out well in the end.

I brought this up in another post...I'm worried that we drafted the next Deltha O'neal.
                              The philosphy was by alot of people on here that WRs dont do anything there first yr in the league and goin CB is smarter cause they contribute faster and can be an IMMEDIATE impact
                              Yet we got Hardy starting or in the number 3 role, and a CB playing the 5 spot getting bumped by someone who was drafted 3 rounds later
                              hmmm...
                              disappointing
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X