PDA

View Full Version : ralph's affection for the 90's team

trapezeus
09-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I was just thinking about how obvious it is that Ralph really likes the key members of the 90's squad. from the inductions to the keys to any car the player chooses, you can tell Ralph really likes and respects those players even well into retirement.

Do you think Ralph will have any kind of similar attachment to these new guys, if this season proves to be memorable? or do you think he just doesn't care because he's too old etc etc etc.

gr8slayer
09-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Wilson lacks the will to win.

raphael120
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
I highly doubt he lives long enough for us to find out.

northernbillfan
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
It's clear that Ralph remembers how great that team was.

If this team will ever get to that level of greatness, I'm sure he'll hold a fond place in his heart for them... if he's still alive.

He should really be respectful of the old team and will the Bills to them.

gr8slayer
09-03-2008, 12:40 PM
It's clear that Ralph remembers how great that team was.

If this team will ever get to that level of greatness, I'm sure he'll hold a fond place in his heart for them... if he's still alive.

He should really be respectful of the old team and will the Bills to them.
"Great"? You're great when you're winning rings, so far Ralph has been nothing but a life long loser.

Ebenezer
09-03-2008, 12:47 PM
If RW was that kicked he would change the uniforms back to the Kelly-ERA blue. Not this crap TD dreamed up.

cocamide
09-03-2008, 12:55 PM
"Great"? You're great when you're winning rings, so far Ralph has been nothing but a life long loser.

That's pretty harsh. Without him, we wouldn't have the NFL as we now know it. Also, we wouldn't have the Buffalo Bills to root for.

Buffatexas
09-03-2008, 01:08 PM
That's pretty harsh. Without him, we wouldn't have the NFL as we now know it. Also, we wouldn't have the Buffalo Bills to root for.

Dont forget the TWO AFL Titles as well

gr8slayer
09-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Dont forget the TWO AFL Titles as well
God, we are probably the only fan base in the NFL that would brag about a freaking AFL title. Means absolutely jack ****.

Buffatexas
09-03-2008, 01:34 PM
God, we are probably the only fan base in the NFL that would brag about a freaking AFL title. Means absolutely jack ****.

well seeing there was no superbowl back then, it did mean jack. I am sure Cleveland and Detroit also talk about their respective Championships when people say that they have never won a championship or as you have so stated that their owner is a lifetime loser

Meathead
09-03-2008, 01:38 PM
four straight also means something and its kinda shocking that after all this time a bills fan of all people wouldnt have realized that by now

hell most of the sports world now views that team as an alltime great regardless of losing all four. while that wasnt the case right away time has shown how remarkable a feat that was

i dont think ive given a groan for a football related post in five or so years but i will give this one a virtual groan

g8 :negrep:

trapezeus
09-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Gr8slyer is a cowboys fan who moonlights as a bills fan. he loves the big spending owners of big market teams and thinks that can automatically exist in all 32 markets.

as for my original post, i guess the thing that ralph recognizes and the fans recognize, is that they were a great team. they were friends, they loved the community, and it was special. We have had a lot of "teams" the past 8 years that are a smattering of people who didn't want to be in buffalo, just wanted the cash, didn't have the heart to win. If this new guard actually starts winning and gelling, i think the fans could potentially like this team moreso than the Kelly led teams.

I've noticed that people really want to see a team better than the kelly years and we're due now.