Larry Quinn is now a minority owner of the Buffalo Sabres!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Larry Quinn is now a minority owner of the Buffalo Sabres!

Buffalo Sabres owner B. Thomas Golisano announced today that Larry Quinn, Sabres Managing Partner, and Dan DiPofi, Chief Operating Officer, have been granted minority ownership in the Buffalo Sabres and their related companies.

Golisano stated “this announcement marks the culmination of a process that really goes back to my original acquisition of the franchise in 2003. Both Larry and Dan were instrumental with regard to my purchase of the Sabres and continue to be an important part of the organizations success today”.

Quinn and DiPofi’s ownership interest was unanimously approved by the NHL Board of Governors this past June.

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Larry Quinn is now a minority owner of the Buffalo Sabres!

This doesn't bother me at all. You guys act like Quinn is out to sabotage the team.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

He might not be out to do it, but he is a giant bag of douche.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        This doesn't bother me at all. You guys act like Quinn is out to sabotage the team.
        He's so good at sabotage, it happens when he doesn't even try.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Quinn is to sports teams what GWB is to a country: They destroy without trying and just by a presence.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

This team will NEVER win the Stanley Cup as long as Larry Quinn is involved... so I guess we are screwed for years to come.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
              This team will NEVER win the Stanley Cup as long as Larry Quinn is involved... so I guess we are screwed for years to come.
              It's sad that Golisano has made that idiot his right hand man and pretty much given him the keys to the team.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

If Quinn has been the "managing partner" than hasn't he been a minority owner all along?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jan 2004

Quinn is also the head man of the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation, and Quinn was the one that got the ball rolling on the demolition of the Aud and getting Bass Pro to come here.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

The guy is a loser and always will be. This is not good news for this organization.

Comment

• Myers57
                      Registered User and McLovin stunt double
                      • Sep 2003

Give me specific examples of how Quinn has sabotaged the team because I'm not believing it.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                        The guy is a loser and always will be. This is not good news for this organization.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Larry Quinn was instrumental in the loss of key FA's as per stated by them, Darcy was handcuffed by Quinn when negotiating with Drury and Briere, Campbell, McKee, and others from what Bucky Gleason had to say

I have met Larry he is very much the jerk everyone thinks he is, and has been instumntal in not getting Bass Pro here, cause were is it?
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Myers57
                              Registered User and McLovin stunt double
                              • Sep 2003

Yea I work in the 200 level of the arena and have served drinks both to Larry Quinn and Dipofi. They are snobs but that does not mean that they are bad business men. Everybody likes to talk **** about them as if they know the inner workings of the organization but I want to know ACTUAL proven details of things they have done to sabotage the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X