PDA

View Full Version : Post of the year from a seahawks message board

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 05:09 PM
After doing some rudimentary lookin' at the Bills... and in the process realizing I know very little about them... I have come up with an early prediction.

Edwards has been all over the map, lousy in one game and great in another, but has been banged up. His WR's are not big and will not cause our smallish CB's any issue, and they don't appear to have much depth at WR to take advantage of Babs sitting on the bench.

The Bills will have to rely on their running game, but they are having major issues at tackle with usual LT Jason Peters holding out. Marshawn has not had much room. Also, their RT is subbing at LT, and is apparently not good against speed rushers. Hello, Tapp.

Defensively the Bills are all about tackle, and the addition of Stroud will certainly help. They don't appear to have much of a pass rush, however.

The result? In my opinion, with their issues at tackle and smaller WR's, we should be able to keep them to around 14 points tops. Their defense is tough, and they are at home, so our newly-forming, WR-short offence is got a rough one ahead of them. But at least we are playing in the summer!

Special teams I don't have enough info on. But with Mare around I see a few touchbacks, despite the swirling winds in Buffalo, negating their quality return game.

Final score?

Hawks 20
Bills 9

Without much of a Bills' pass rush, Hass will have time enough to spread the ball around. I guess 220 yards. Jones and Mo will combine for 80-90 yards and a TD. I also see at least two Edwards INT's, probably as a result of zone blitzes.

Whew!

Also, everyone agreed. LOL.

1st, the only bad game Trent had, he played in 6 snaps. Most were not his fault. No matter who are 4th is, they are probably going to be the best 4th reciever in the NFL. Name one team that has a Reed or Parrish as there 4th reciever. Short WRs, LOL. 3 are above 6'1. Jenkins is 6'2, Hardy is 6'6, and Johnson is 6-3 if I recall. They arent short at all. ST, we have played Mare more than 8 times, we all know he wont kick it in the endzone a bunch, even with lots of wind.

SquishDaFish
09-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Remember where that is because after we spank them and beat the crap out of them we can all go over and plaster that moron

Oaf
09-03-2008, 05:31 PM
That's a plausible possibility. But it won't happen.

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 05:35 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/forum/boards/viewtopic.asp?topicid=124976

BBlades89
09-03-2008, 05:37 PM
It's not like the guy is saying the Hawks will blow the Bills out by 30 with no explanation. Granted it's a homerish explanation, but that can be expected on just about any board. I sure hope the Hawks win (obviously), but if they do, it'll be by no more than 3 points IMO.

OpIv37
09-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Our receivers, except for Hardy, are small. And Hardy's a rookie. Our O did nothing last year. Granted, they had 2 decent preseason games, but they have yet to prove a damn thing in a regular season game.

We don't have much of a pass rush- our all pro, ridiculously overpaid DE got all of 6.5 sacks last year. Hopefully Stroud and Johnson will help, but again, they haven't proven a damn thing either.

I think this poster underestimates the effects of Seattle's injuries and suspensions, but he makes some valid points.

Mitchy moo
09-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Our receivers, except for Hardy, are small. And Hardy's a rookie. Our O did nothing last year. Granted, they had 2 decent preseason games, but they have yet to prove a damn thing in a regular season game.

We don't have much of a pass rush- our all pro, ridiculously overpaid DE got all of 6.5 sacks last year. Hopefully Stroud and Johnson will help, but again, they haven't proven a damn thing either.

I think this poster underestimates the effects of Seattle's injuries and suspensions, but he makes some valid points.

The better question is why the heck are you posting that crap on the seahawks board?

Ed
09-03-2008, 05:59 PM
That really doesn't look much different then a Bills fan making a prediction about the Bills beating the Seahawks this weekend.

Even with their injuries and suspensions, they don't have any reason to think they can't compete. We did lose one of our best players afterall.

What do you expect. NFL fans to think their team is going to lose on opening weekend?

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Our receivers, except for Hardy, are small. And Hardy's a rookie. Our O did nothing last year. Granted, they had 2 decent preseason games, but they have yet to prove a damn thing in a regular season game. Well I agree but disagree. The 1st one, you made a valid point. The 2nd one I dont agree with. Walker was are best move last year and has played very well so far. Butler probably will end up being another Jason Peters (without the contract thing). Rarly do I hear anything about Butler in the game threads which is always a good thing. In the preseason, Chambers has looked pretty good and seattle thinks they have 2 great RBs, just because of the preseason. Last, Doc is Doc. You know that you will expect a player giving it all time in and time out.

We don't have much of a pass rush- our all pro, ridiculously overpaid DE got all of 6.5 sacks last year. Hopefully Stroud and Johnson will help, but again, they haven't proven a damn thing either. Agree, but it cant be evaluated untill the game.

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 06:10 PM
That really doesn't look much different then a Bills fan making a prediction about the Bills beating the Seahawks this weekend.

Even with their injuries and suspensions, they don't have any reason to think they can't compete. We did lose one of our best players afterall.

What do you expect. NFL fans to think their team is going to lose on opening weekend?

The fact that they think 30 points is likely with there PS WRs. The only team that I have ever seen be successfull with PS players are buffalo last year.

Ed
09-03-2008, 06:13 PM
The fact that they think 30 points is likely with there PS WRs. The only team that I have ever seen be successfull with PS players are buffalo last year.
They predicted 20 points. And points can come from anyone, not just the WR's. I'm not agreeing with the prediction, but it's just a fan being pumped up about his team and getting excited for the season. Why does it bother you so much?

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 06:16 PM
They predicted 20 points. And points can come from anyone, not just the WR's. I'm not agreeing with the prediction, but it's just a fan being pumped up about his team and getting excited for the season. Why does it bother you so much?

I never said it bothers me. It doesnt bother me at all, but at least get it right.

Mr. Pink
09-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Hell we scored 20 points on teams last year with pathetic WR production.

A good QB elevates the play of those around him.

Hasselback will make someone outside of Burleson look good.

Saying the Hawks will score 20 is about right with what they should do Sunday.

Oaf
09-03-2008, 06:23 PM
It's not like the guy is saying the Hawks will blow the Bills out by 30 with no explanation. Granted it's a homerish explanation, but that can be expected on just about any board. I sure hope the Hawks win (obviously), but if they do, it'll be by no more than 3 points IMO.
Gosh, I sure hope not. I can't stomach anymore heart breaker openers. Please either destroy us or make us earn our first win.

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Hell we scored 20 points on teams last year with pathetic WR production.

A good QB elevates the play of those around him.

Hasselback will make someone outside of Burleson look good.

Saying the Hawks will score 20 is about right with what they should do Sunday.

Last year we played Miami and Cincinatti, 2 of the worst defenses in the NFL. We are 10 times better than them, and were in 10 times better shape than they were. At least we had a true number 1 playing instead of a 4th-5th stringer.

LtFinFan66
09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
10 times better:rofl:

What a joke

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 06:32 PM
10 times better:rofl:

What a joke

We are defintley way better this year than you were last year. Also, teams scored at will against you. The only dominant performance against us was when we played the pats. The 18-0 pats before the SB.

BillsNick
09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
:movie:

LtFinFan66
09-03-2008, 06:43 PM
We are defintley way better this year than you were last year. Also, teams scored at will against you. The only dominant performance against us was when we played the pats. The 18-0 pats before the SB.You said 10 times better. I am laughing at that. We will see over the next 17 weeks who is better than who. This is why we play the games

Teams scored at will? we lost 5 games by 3 points in case you forgot. I hope you guys keep counting those chickens before they are hatched:up:

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 06:44 PM
You said 10 times better. I am laughing at that. We will see over the next 17 weeks who is better than who. This is why we play the games

5 times better?

LtFinFan66
09-03-2008, 06:45 PM
no

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 08:20 PM
i dont think the seahawks fan's assesment is bad. i think we will keep it closer then 20-9 and maybe win, but i do agree with most of the things he says.

DrGraves
09-03-2008, 08:27 PM
just a homer... much like many fans here haha! always fun to see what other fans are saying!

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 08:43 PM
What I said wasnt even knocking him. Most of it was facts he missed.

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 08:53 PM
did he miss any facts? i know he said our wrs were small, and for the most part all the wrs that will actually see playing time our small. hardy is the only guy who will play that is big.

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 08:59 PM
did he miss any facts? i know he said our wrs were small, and for the most part all the wrs that will actually see playing time our small. hardy is the only guy who will play that is big.

3 under 6-0, and 3 over 6-1. We are actually even in that.

Mad Max
09-03-2008, 09:21 PM
We don't have much of a pass rush- our all pro, ridiculously overpaid DE got all of 6.5 sacks last year.

Oh no you di'unt:nono: .

Schobes may not be an "all pro" but he is most certainly "all Scandinavian", and that my friend is good enough for any olaf.

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 09:23 PM
3 under 6-0, and 3 over 6-1. We are actually even in that.

you missed my point. jenkins ans johnson will not play many snaps at wr if any. that leaves us with reed,parrish and evans who are very small.

Jan Reimers
09-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Who really care what a Seattle fan says on a message board?