PDA

View Full Version : Schonert to be on sideline on Sundays

The Spaz
09-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Oftentimes it’s a decision that first time coordinators wrestle with through the course of the preseason. Is it better to be up in the booth during games to more effectively survey what’s unfolding on the field, or am I best served to be on the sidelines with my players?

For Bills offensive coordinator Turk Schonert the decision was an easy one.

“I’m going to be downstairs,” Schonert said.

Schonert started the preseason down on the sideline and decided to stay there for the rest of the exhibition schedule. That will now continue in the regular season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6525

chernobylwraiths
09-03-2008, 05:11 PM
If Van Pelt is in the booth, then it could be good. Van Pelt was great in the radio booth recognizing stuff.

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Oftentimes it’s a decision that first time coordinators wrestle with through the course of the preseason. Is it better to be up in the booth during games to more effectively survey what’s unfolding on the field, or am I best served to be on the sidelines with my players?

For Bills offensive coordinator Turk Schonert the decision was an easy one.

“I’m going to be downstairs,” Schonert said.

Schonert started the preseason down on the sideline and decided to stay there for the rest of the exhibition schedule. That will now continue in the regular season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6525

With Trent having his 1st game this season, he will need his former QB coach down there. Doing this might come in handy.

The Spaz
09-03-2008, 05:12 PM
If Van Pelt is in the booth, then it could be good. Van Pelt was great in the radio booth recognizing stuff.

Van Pelt is on the sidelines with Schonert.

Mitchell55
09-03-2008, 05:14 PM

Then that will make it 2X better. Even without a vet QB, having his coordinators on the sidelines will certainly help.

njsue
09-04-2008, 02:03 AM
This is a very positive move by the Turk.

Jeff1220
09-04-2008, 06:06 AM
I always thought that the only coordinators that sat in the booth did so because they wanted to be able to smoke during the game.
j/k

mybills
09-04-2008, 06:08 AM
So who WILL be in the booth?

jamze132
09-04-2008, 06:16 AM
Hopefully someone who can analyze the things they see the opposing teams doing to us so we can counter.

chernobylwraiths
09-04-2008, 06:19 AM

just heard that, one of those guys should be in the booth IMO

The Spaz
09-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Did anyone read the article? It says who's going to be in the booth.

Set to spot things in the booth from the opposing defense that Schonert might from his vantage point on the sideline, will be tight ends coach Charlie Coiner and offensive quality control coach Nate Hackett. They will then relay it to him on the sideline through his headset.

Joining Schonert on the sideline will be quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt.

Patti120
09-04-2008, 07:39 AM

Mikey? or maybe :clump:

Pride
09-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I think its a great idea... it allows the QB coming off of the field to better communicate what he sees and what he wants to do...

Giving the QB all of the opportunities to succeed is going to make Turk a fan favorite for years to come.

Kerr
09-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I like Turk. I see a lot of Sam Wyche in him. I can't remember the last time we actually had an offensive coach who looked like he actually gave a ****.