X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Jauron Used the word "Permanent"

That tells me where the Peters case is headed in the coach's mind.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Jauron Used the word "Permanent"

Week 10 we will have a large man with head down in the TBD doorway.

Comment

• TEtoLeeTD
      • Apr 2008

this is crazy... why dont we give in and get our best player on the field in time for week 1?
      toast the post

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TEtoLeeTD
        this is crazy... why dont we give in and get our best player on the field in time for week 1?
        lol

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

He also praised Walker's move to LT being unselfish, "very unselfish."

He specifically mentioned peer pressure, about not letting your teamates down. Now all of us played football at any level, or anyone played any team sports knowes this by default; it is the greatest bonding part of a team. For Jauron to mention it here, I have no doubt, is a bit of jabbing at Peters. For a person like Jauron to do that, I can really feel the anger under neath the surface of the team on this issue. I really hope they channel it properly this Sunday.

Comment

• TEtoLeeTD
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by The Spaz
            lol
            what is so lol about that?

give him the money. he is one of the best players at his position and he deserves to paid as such. our oline is so much better with him in at LT and walker back over at RT.
            toast the post

Comment

• SpillerThrills
              • Oct 2005

what is so lol about that?

give him the money. he is one of the best players at his position and he deserves to paid as such. our oline is so much better with him in at LT and walker back over at RT.

you are correct in saying that we should give Peters more money.... however he should also live up to his end of the bargin and play the contract that he already has. I understand he signed the contract before he moved to LT, but he did sign the contract... you don't see George Wilson crying for a new contract after he moved from WR to DB and is now a team captain. I know it's hard to compare the 2 players or the position changes that they have made but you get where I'm coming from.....
              2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
              2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
              2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
              2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• TEtoLeeTD
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by jerhwt
                you are correct in saying that we should give Peters more money.... however he should also live up to his end of the bargin and play the contract that he already has. I understand he signed the contract before he moved to LT, but he did sign the contract... you don't see George Wilson crying for a new contract after he moved from WR to DB and is now a team captain. I know it's hard to compare the 2 players or the position changes that they have made but you get where I'm coming from.....
                its just gotten to the point where we need to sign him if we want to have a better chance at winning.

it was good to wait it out and see if peters would cave but now i think its time for the bills to give in. real football is a few days away and we need peters to give this team the best shot at winning. we have the money available and he deserves to be paid.

for the record i am all for players getting new deals while they are currently under contract. your career can end so fast, you should be paid according to your performance level while you can still get the money.
                toast the post

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Time to move on as if Peters never played for the Bills. And when he comes back in week 11, get his money in fines, signing bonus, and sit him on the bench for the rest of the season. Then tell him he can repeat the same thing over next year, because he's not getting a new deal then either.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
                    Time to move on as if Peters never played for the Bills. And when he comes back in week 11, get his money in fines, signing bonus, and sit him on the bench for the rest of the season. Then tell him he can repeat the same thing over next year, because he's not getting a new deal then either.
                    thats just spiteful stupidity. just get his ass back in a uni and then redo his deal. he deserves more money but he needs to be here to get it
                    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• SpillerThrills
                      • Oct 2005

for the record i am all for players getting new deals while they are currently under contract. your career can end so fast, you should be paid according to your performance level while you can still get the money.

I completely agree with you in the idea that players should get rewarded for playing well.... however, the player (in my mind) has to be willing to play on their current contract while working towards a new contract.

Take Lee Evans for example, Lee is in the process of signing a new contract (granted his is up at the end of the year I believe).... but he's shown up at camp and played well.....

everyone is gonna have their own views on how the FO should deal with the situation, and I will never fault someone on their views. these are my views on the situation, hopefully Peters shows up and the FO will work with him on getting a new contract.... I think each side has to give to get what they want.
                      2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
                      2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
                      2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
                      2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

I just pretend Peters tore his ACL and is out for the year at this point. Time to move on. At least they didn't pay him.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Turf
                          I just pretend Peters tore his ACL and is out for the year at this point. Time to move on. At least they didn't pay him.
                          There was football in buffalo beore peters and there will be football in buffalo without him... no use crying over spilt milk
                          I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• TEtoLeeTD
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by jerhwt
                            I completely agree with you in the idea that players should get rewarded for playing well.... however, the player (in my mind) has to be willing to play on their current contract while working towards a new contract.

Take Lee Evans for example, Lee is in the process of signing a new contract (granted his is up at the end of the year I believe).... but he's shown up at camp and played well.....

everyone is gonna have their own views on how the FO should deal with the situation, and I will never fault someone on their views. these are my views on the situation, hopefully Peters shows up and the FO will work with him on getting a new contract.... I think each side has to give to get what they want.
                            it is ideal to have a player play while working out a new deal. and id rather have a player do it that way.

however it has not gone that way and the bills should act accordingly.

why does it matter if he plays or holds out? the end result is the same. we end up paying him either way.
                            toast the post

Comment

• TEtoLeeTD
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by VeggieMan14
                              There was football in buffalo beore peters and there will be football in buffalo without him... no use crying over spilt milk
                              it is not spilt milk. it is a guy who is the best young player at his position. if he gets better he could be a hall of famer.
                              toast the post

Comment

Working...
                              X