PDA

View Full Version : Jauron Used the word "Permanent"

ghz in pittsburgh
09-03-2008, 08:16 PM
That tells me where the Peters case is headed in the coach's mind.

Mitchy moo
09-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Week 10 we will have a large man with head down in the TBD doorway.

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 08:24 PM
this is crazy... why dont we give in and get our best player on the field in time for week 1?

The Spaz
09-03-2008, 08:26 PM
this is crazy... why dont we give in and get our best player on the field in time for week 1?

lol

ghz in pittsburgh
09-03-2008, 08:32 PM
He also praised Walker's move to LT being unselfish, "very unselfish."

He specifically mentioned peer pressure, about not letting your teamates down. Now all of us played football at any level, or anyone played any team sports knowes this by default; it is the greatest bonding part of a team. For Jauron to mention it here, I have no doubt, is a bit of jabbing at Peters. For a person like Jauron to do that, I can really feel the anger under neath the surface of the team on this issue. I really hope they channel it properly this Sunday.

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 08:55 PM
lol

what is so lol about that?

give him the money. he is one of the best players at his position and he deserves to paid as such. our oline is so much better with him in at LT and walker back over at RT.

SpillerThrills
09-03-2008, 09:04 PM

give him the money. he is one of the best players at his position and he deserves to paid as such. our oline is so much better with him in at LT and walker back over at RT.

you are correct in saying that we should give Peters more money.... however he should also live up to his end of the bargin and play the contract that he already has. I understand he signed the contract before he moved to LT, but he did sign the contract... you don't see George Wilson crying for a new contract after he moved from WR to DB and is now a team captain. I know it's hard to compare the 2 players or the position changes that they have made but you get where I'm coming from.....

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 09:08 PM
you are correct in saying that we should give Peters more money.... however he should also live up to his end of the bargin and play the contract that he already has. I understand he signed the contract before he moved to LT, but he did sign the contract... you don't see George Wilson crying for a new contract after he moved from WR to DB and is now a team captain. I know it's hard to compare the 2 players or the position changes that they have made but you get where I'm coming from.....

its just gotten to the point where we need to sign him if we want to have a better chance at winning.

it was good to wait it out and see if peters would cave but now i think its time for the bills to give in. real football is a few days away and we need peters to give this team the best shot at winning. we have the money available and he deserves to be paid.

for the record i am all for players getting new deals while they are currently under contract. your career can end so fast, you should be paid according to your performance level while you can still get the money.

Goobylal
09-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Time to move on as if Peters never played for the Bills. And when he comes back in week 11, get his money in fines, signing bonus, and sit him on the bench for the rest of the season. Then tell him he can repeat the same thing over next year, because he's not getting a new deal then either.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Time to move on as if Peters never played for the Bills. And when he comes back in week 11, get his money in fines, signing bonus, and sit him on the bench for the rest of the season. Then tell him he can repeat the same thing over next year, because he's not getting a new deal then either.

thats just spiteful stupidity. just get his ass back in a uni and then redo his deal. he deserves more money but he needs to be here to get it

SpillerThrills
09-03-2008, 09:44 PM
for the record i am all for players getting new deals while they are currently under contract. your career can end so fast, you should be paid according to your performance level while you can still get the money.

I completely agree with you in the idea that players should get rewarded for playing well.... however, the player (in my mind) has to be willing to play on their current contract while working towards a new contract.

Take Lee Evans for example, Lee is in the process of signing a new contract (granted his is up at the end of the year I believe).... but he's shown up at camp and played well.....

everyone is gonna have their own views on how the FO should deal with the situation, and I will never fault someone on their views. these are my views on the situation, hopefully Peters shows up and the FO will work with him on getting a new contract.... I think each side has to give to get what they want.

Turf
09-03-2008, 09:45 PM
I just pretend Peters tore his ACL and is out for the year at this point. Time to move on. At least they didn't pay him.

VeggieMan14
09-03-2008, 09:46 PM
I just pretend Peters tore his ACL and is out for the year at this point. Time to move on. At least they didn't pay him. There was football in buffalo beore peters and there will be football in buffalo without him... no use crying over spilt milk

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I completely agree with you in the idea that players should get rewarded for playing well.... however, the player (in my mind) has to be willing to play on their current contract while working towards a new contract.

Take Lee Evans for example, Lee is in the process of signing a new contract (granted his is up at the end of the year I believe).... but he's shown up at camp and played well.....

everyone is gonna have their own views on how the FO should deal with the situation, and I will never fault someone on their views. these are my views on the situation, hopefully Peters shows up and the FO will work with him on getting a new contract.... I think each side has to give to get what they want.

it is ideal to have a player play while working out a new deal. and id rather have a player do it that way.

however it has not gone that way and the bills should act accordingly.

why does it matter if he plays or holds out? the end result is the same. we end up paying him either way.

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 09:53 PM
There was football in buffalo beore peters and there will be football in buffalo without him... no use crying over spilt milk

it is not spilt milk. it is a guy who is the best young player at his position. if he gets better he could be a hall of famer.

VeggieMan14
09-03-2008, 09:53 PM
it is ideal to have a player play while working out a new deal. and id rather have a player do it that way.

why does it matter if he plays or holds out? the end result is the same. we end up paying him either way. or trading him, releasing him , or letting his contract run out :idk:

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 09:59 PM
or trading him, releasing him , or letting his contract run out :idk:

that shouldnt be an option. he is too good to let slip by. give him the money. we have enough money available. he deserves although he went about the wrong way in getting it.

VeggieMan14
09-03-2008, 10:01 PM
that shouldnt be an option. he is too good to let slip by. give him the money. we have enough money available. he deserves although he went about the wrong way in getting it. i agrre he is great player but as far as i am concerned we will be just fine without him

El Guapo
09-03-2008, 10:06 PM
it is not spilt milk. it is a guy who is the best young player at his position. if he gets better he could be a hall of famer.

Not if he sits out for three seasons. I like the front office's stance here. I'd like to see him on the field, but give me a break. The Bills have him by the proverbial n*ts. If he wants to ruin his career, let him. Maybe this will teach others not to do this every year.

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 10:07 PM
i agrre he is great player but as far as i am concerned we will be just fine without him

based on what i saw last year when he was hurt, we will struggle without peters.

i dont put much stock into preseason perfromance. chambers doesnt impress me until he does it in a regular season game. and langston walker will be dominated by speed rushers. walker is only an average right tackle anyway.

VeggieMan14
09-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Not if he sits out for three seasons. I like the front office's stance here. I'd like to see him on the field, but give me a break. The Bills have him by the proverbial n*ts. If he wants to ruin his career, let him. Maybe this will teach others not to do this every year. i agree it looks like the FO finally grew a pair

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Not if he sits out for three seasons. I like the front office's stance here. I'd like to see him on the field, but give me a break. The Bills have him by the proverbial n*ts. If he wants to ruin his career, let him. Maybe this will teach others not to do this every year.

yeah.

or we could sign him and get our best player and one of the best players in the league on the field.

VeggieMan14
09-03-2008, 10:11 PM
yeah.

or we could sign him and get our best player and one of the best players in the league on the field. either way there is nothing we can do about it so im not gonna worry about it

im4bflo
09-03-2008, 10:13 PM
After game one, things could go either way.
If the o-line blows, especially on Peters side, it's good for him,
but... if things go well, Peter's talks, could peter out!
the business side of football sucks!
We just want to WIN!!!
GO BILLS!

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 10:14 PM
either way there is nothing we can do about it so im not gonna worry about it

there is nothing we can do about anything that is talked about on these forums!!!!!!

VeggieMan14
09-03-2008, 10:14 PM
After game one, things could go either way.
If the o-line blows, especially on Peters side, it's good for him,
but... if things go well, Peter's talks, could peter out!
the business side of football sucks!
We just want to WIN!!!
GO BILLS!i second that motion!

VeggieMan14
09-03-2008, 10:15 PM
there is nothing we can do about anything that is talked about on these forums!!!!!! ah touche. either way i think we are fine without him

Goobylal
09-03-2008, 10:17 PM
thats just spiteful stupidity. just get his ass back in a uni and then redo his deal. he deserves more money but he needs to be here to get it
Obviously he needs to be here first. He isn't.

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 10:18 PM
ah touche. either way i think we are fine without him

i will just say this. dont settle for being "fine without him".

lets bring him back and we will be a better team.

VeggieMan14
09-03-2008, 10:19 PM
i will just say this. dont settle for being "fine without him".

lets bring him back and we will be a better team. i agree better with him but fine without him... one player will not make or break the season

cocamide
09-03-2008, 10:21 PM
yeah.

or we could sign him and get our best player and one of the best players in the league on the field.

If the Bills buckle, then what prevents 5 guys from doing the same thing next season? Poz should do it if he has 100+ tackles this year, Hardy should do it if he has 10+ touchdowns, Edwards should do it if he leads us to the playoffs or has a pretty decent year, etc. Peters should do exactly what Evans is doing right now, but he's not classy or smart enough to do so.

Does this situation suck? Of course. We would love to have Peters playing for us. If he showed up, he probably would've gotten paid. If he showed up and didn't get paid, then he can start to sit out. Who even knows if this guy is healthy or in good shape? Paying him when he doesn't show up will set a bad precedent. These are things that have all been said.

Mitchy moo
09-03-2008, 10:22 PM
If the Bills buckle, then what prevents 5 guys from doing the same thing next season? Poz should do it if he has 100+ tackles this year, Hardy should do it if he has 10+ touchdowns, Edwards should do it if he leads us to the playoffs or has a pretty decent year, etc. Peters should do exactly what Evans is doing right now, but he's not classy or smart enough to do so.

Does this situation suck? Of course. We would love to have Peters playing for us. If he showed up, he probably would've gotten paid. If he showed up and didn't get paid, then he can start to sit out. Who even knows if this guy is healthy or in good shape? Paying him when he doesn't show up will set a bad precedent. These are things that have all been said.

Poz part is new.

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 10:23 PM

and the other side of the coin is not having one of the best players in the league.i think we should give in.

seriously, teams have given in before and they dont have 5 players asking for new deals the next year.

VeggieMan14
09-03-2008, 10:24 PM

Does this situation suck? Of course. We would love to have Peters playing for us. If he showed up, he probably would've gotten paid. If he showed up and didn't get paid, then he can start to sit out. Who even knows if this guy is healthy or in good shape? Paying him when he doesn't show up will set a bad precedent. These are things that have all been said. plus if he gets a new contract chances are he will retire and buy part ownership of mighty taco

PromoTheRobot
09-03-2008, 10:25 PM

First of all Peters missed all of camp and every OTA. So he has no idea what the blocking schemes or plays are. O-lines have to work together so dropping Peters in now would be suicide.

At this point, even if Peters showed up, he would be of no use to the Bills for weeks. If he waits till week 10 he might as well stay at home.

I think you need to get your panties un-wadded and think about what your saying. I'm not saying Peters isn't good but his importance is being wayyy overblown by the whiney girls on this board. Based on what I saw in pre-season I think the Bills will be fine. Peters is not winning over his teammates with his selfishness.

PTR

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 10:26 PM
plus if he gets a new contract chances are he will retire and buy part ownership of mighty taco

why would you care if he retired? you dont care if he plays this season anyway....

and he would be great for mighty taco. a guy who loves food running a food chain. that sounds like a plan to me!

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
First of all Peters missed all of camp and every OTA. So he has no idea what the blocking schemes or plays are. O-lines have to work together so dropping Peters in now would be suicide.

At this point, even if Peters showed up, he would be of no use to the Bills for weeks. If he waits till week 10 he might as well stay at home.

I think you need to get your panties un-wadded and think about what your saying. I'm not saying Peters isn't good but his importance is being wayyy overblown by the whiney girls on this board. Based on what I saw in pre-season I think the Bills will be fine. Peters is not winning over his teammates with his selfishness.

PTR

honestly he should be able to pickup his oline assignments quickly. most of the time he will block the DE across from him. he needs to know if the play is a run or a pass, which is not hard.

LT dont do much pulling if any so i dont really know what he would need to learn that would so hard.

PromoTheRobot
09-03-2008, 10:29 PM

why does it matter if he plays or holds out? the end result is the same. we end up paying him either way.

This whole mess boils down to one rule: YOU DON'T REWARD SELFISHNESS. Peters wants a new deal? He can talk to the team and prepare for the season. By cutting off all contact and skipping OTA's he basically told his teammates he wants the Bills to lose. You don't cave to players like that. You lose the rest of the team.

PTR

VeggieMan14
09-03-2008, 10:31 PM
why would you care if he retired? you dont care if he plays this season anyway....

and he would be great for mighty taco. a guy who loves food running a food chain. that sounds like a plan to me! i want him to play this season just sayin might as well stay optimistic and i honestly think we can still play well without him but you know opinions are like *******s everyones got em

TEtoLeeTD
09-03-2008, 10:54 PM
i want him to play this season just sayin might as well stay optimistic and i honestly think we can still play well without him but you know opinions are like *******s everyones got em

sorry im not as confident about chambers and walker. chambers sucked when he filled in last year. sure he looked better in pre season but its preseason. and walker is just average, he will be ok.

El Guapo
09-03-2008, 11:36 PM
yeah.

What do you not understand about the Bills having him by the horns? If he doesn't cave/show up, the Bills can ruin his entire career! He drew the line in the sand, not the Bills. He made this what it is. It's not like he showed up and the Bills said, "We don't like your contract, so we are not going to pay you." It's the other way around. If he wants to sit out for more money, then he better be willing to pay the price (his career).

IMHO, Peters is a dumb a**, and I hope the Bills keep him, fine him and let him rot on the vine.

Again, would I like to have him on the field -- yes. At any cost? No way. This is a business, in the end.

Oaf
09-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Just to play Devil's advocate for a sec, when teams are unsatisfied with a player, they cut him in a flash, failing to hold up to their end of the contract. When a player is unsatisfied with the team, why should he not do the same?

gr8slayer
09-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Buffalo might be the only NFL city in America where a player can get screwed like Peters and the fans still back the pathetic excuse for an owner. That city will never get this championship thing figured out.

Tatonka
09-04-2008, 12:36 AM

they have tried to contact peters.. the guy isnt ****ing responding. no one has seen the guy since january? wtf are they supposed to do, send him 20 million in cash to his house and hope he gets it and then shows up??

Tatonka
09-04-2008, 12:38 AM

i am totally all for that option.

Tatonka
09-04-2008, 12:50 AM

i dont understand why everyone cant see this!!

you put it perfect.

Michael82
09-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Good! It's time to move onto the Langston Walker era. He's done a very good job at LT and if Peters wants to be a selfish piece of ****, then **** him. I hope they stick to their guns. We could use him, but not if he's going to be a selfish *****.

Tatonka
09-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Just to play Devil's advocate for a sec, when teams are unsatisfied with a player, they cut him in a flash, failing to hold up to their end of the contract. When a player is unsatisfied with the team, why should he not do the same?

well, the players were the ones that agreed to that deal. when a team cuts a player though, they dont get the up front money that they gave the player back. just just dont have to pay them any more. i guess if the players dont like that deal, they shouldnt have oked it in the collective bargaining agreement.

it is just like any job for anyone.. if you dont do your job well, you get fired. but when you do your job well, you dont go to your boss and say "im not showing up until you pay me more"

Tatonka
09-04-2008, 01:02 AM

well, the players were the ones that agreed to that deal. when a team cuts a player though, they dont get the up front money that they gave the player back. just just dont have to pay them any more. i guess if the players dont like that deal, they shouldnt have oked it in the collective bargaining agreement.

it is just like any job for anyone.. if you dont do your job well, you get fired. but when you do your job well, you dont go to your boss and say "im not showing up until you pay me more"

Tatonka
09-04-2008, 01:02 AM

feldspar
09-04-2008, 01:38 AM

Peters actions (or lack thereof) are headed in that direction.

Like everybody knows, we redid his contract just a couple of years ago. He's been a Left Tackle for only a year-and-a-half...ever. He has 3 years left on his already re-negotiated contract.

I said all along that Peters needs to show consistency at the LT position if he wants top money...showing consistency can only be shown over time. I said that, if he repeats his last year's performance, we'll pay him big money next year. But, unless he plays this year, he's not going to show consistency, so will not come closer to his big score next year. I've been around long enough to see MANY flashes-in-the-pan, players that play over the top and then quickly fizzle out...Do I think Peters is one of those players? No, not really, but the Bills aren't in a position where they have to pay him ridiculous money and take that chance...maybe he'll get too comfortable and think he has it made and not play for that next contract; money seems to be his major motivation.

Also, the Bills MADE his fat butt. You'd think that he'd show a little bit of loyalty because of that. I'm not saying that he didn't work hard and all that, I'm saying that there is absolutely NO reason to believe that he'd even be in the league right now had the Bills not taken a chance by switching his position twice. He's damn lucky to have been drafted (or should I say undrafted) by the Bills, who had a terrible offensive line and were desperate in that regard. It's very likely that Peters might have amounted to nothing more than a third-string Tight End, a perrenial Special Teamer had it not been for the Bills.

Then there's the issue of the Bills needing to see commitment from a player before they show commitment to them him. It's a two-way street. Nobody has seen this guy for 8-and-a-half months. He's not even communicating with anyone. He needs to show up and show a little faith, especially after we did so much for his career. Again, we gave him an opportunity he probably wouldn't otherwise have had.

But no, the instant he sees some personnal success, he wants to lay down the law and call the shots, even though he has very little leverage to do it. He wants everything to happen on HIS terms. Do the Bills really want to have the rest of their players believe that they can be immediately bullied into doubling a player's pay every time they make the Pro Bowl or outplay their current contract for one year?

Which leads to this: Forget about the fact that Peters is showing that he might not be a team player and that he's odd and probably not that smart. Forget that other things go into the evaluation of a player besides performance on the field. In my opinion, Peters is overrated as a Left Tackle at his point. He hasn't even shown himself to be the best run blocker on our team...actually, far from it. In fact, the left side of the line was statistically the worst place to run to last year. Brad Butler was a our best guy to run behind, and the Bills ran the ball on half the plays last year.

As far as pass blocking goes, yeah, he didn't allow too many sacks last year, but neither did our whole offensive line. We allowed 26 sacks last year, a club record. Before everyone wants to give each other big hugs and kisses about this, there are a few things to consider: first of all, the Bills had less pass attempts than any other team in the NFL last year. Also, Peters didn't allow that many fewer sacks than anybody else on the line...a good line works together as a unit, and Peters is ****ing that up right now. I feel that the only reason a Left Tackle is glorified more than other offensive line positions is because they protect the QB's blind spot, which would make the Right Tackle more important for a left-handed QB...

I know the people want to see Peters play and he is being payed below his current market value, but the Bills are doing the right thing here. Peters is not only hurting the team, he's also hurting himself equally as much...I can't decide whether his strategy is more idiotic or insane.

I heard somewhere that it was written into his current contract that he'll make an extra $1.5 million if he takes half the snaps at Left Tackle...anybody else hear that? I think Schopp and the Bulldog were saying it. I know he's set to make at least about $4 million with incentives, and maybe $5 if the Left Tackle provision is written into his contract. But if he doesn't show up, he'll get nothing, which is what he'd deserve. So much for "the ultimate team sport."

Night Train
09-04-2008, 02:37 AM
He's hiding something. Injury or drugs.

Something doesn't make sense.

Michael82
09-04-2008, 09:00 AM
He's hiding something. Injury or drugs.

Something doesn't make sense.
I'm wondering if it's Steroids....

HHURRICANE
09-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I don't know how an organization has this happen?

I'm really hoping Peter's is injured, high, or nuts. If this turns out to be completely compensation related than the Bills will have to look in the mirror.

Not thinking that 2 guys, on the same line, making way more money than a pro-bowler is not going to cause any issues is down-right naive.

Personally, I wouldn't work anywhere where 2 people, not as good as me, were making double and my boss was telling me that I had to wait my turn.

PromoTheRobot
09-04-2008, 10:28 AM
A player can...and Peters is doing just that. The problem for Peters is he has no leverage but to withold his services. If a team doesn't respond, then what do you do? Threaten to jump off the Peace Bridge? He played his hand and and the Bills said "go fish."

PTR

PromoTheRobot
09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Buffalo might be the only NFL city in America where a player can get screwed like Peters and the fans still back the pathetic excuse for an owner. That city will never get this championship thing figured out.
You're clueless.

PTR

PromoTheRobot
09-04-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't know how an organization has this happen?

I'm really hoping Peter's is injured, high, or nuts. If this turns out to be completely compensation related than the Bills will have to look in the mirror.

Not thinking that 2 guys, on the same line, making way more money than a pro-bowler is not going to cause any issues is down-right naive.

Personally, I wouldn't work anywhere where 2 people, not as good as me, were making double and my boss was telling me that I had to wait my turn.
Right...the Bills brought all this on themselves by giving Peters a nice raise two years ago and extending contracts for their other players. Explain to us exactly how the Bills were supposed to avoid this? You are so bent on blaming the Bills for everything you have lost all logic. And you can't see 5 seconds into the future to consider how caving to Peters would affect the team down the road. My god, you a**holes want a championship so bad but you advocate doing all the things that will destroy this team.

PTR

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-04-2008, 10:40 AM

Because we're not gonna cave in an give this peice of **** a new contract when he doesn't even show up..why do that? that's just dumb, he signed a contract..play by it, if he doesnt like it..show up an we'll negotiate..but when he doesnt even show up, then we dont deal with it..it's as simple as that, im sure peters knew that..he's just being a dumbass, let him sit an rot..an let guys who actually wanna for the buffalo bills, play.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Right...the Bills brought all this on themselves by giving Peters a nice raise two years ago and extending contracts for their other players. Explain to us exactly how the Bills were supposed to avoid this? You are so bent on blaming the Bills for everything you have lost all logic. And you can't see 5 seconds into the future to consider how caving to Peters would affect the team down the road. My god, you a**holes want a championship so bad but you advocate doing all the things that will destroy this team.

PTR

Why does Buffalo have the only holdout? When was the last time a player didn't play the season?

He wants more money and the Bills said "no". Nothing else to talk about. The idea that the Bills would be starting some kind of precedent is ridculous because few other players carry this much clout.

If this is about money, than pay him, and move on. No, instead let's protect Ralph Wilson's profits because being ranked in the top 10 for net income isn't good enough. The reason the Bills can't pay him is beacuse of "cash to cap" and the Bills unwillingness to pro-rate bonuses.

Patti120
09-04-2008, 11:03 AM
:movie:

Bravo82
09-04-2008, 11:55 AM
:movie:

i was just about to p0ast the same thing....

Kerr
09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
If Langston plays well you can be assured it's his job to lose.

madness
09-04-2008, 12:07 PM

Jerry Jones just called and you're fired. He's looking for another Bills fan to lick his balls since you've obviously been spending too much at Peters' house.