PDA

View Full Version : Langston Walker Signing Looks Pretty Good Now

Night Train
09-04-2008, 04:30 AM
5 Years 25 Mil ? Gave up 1 sack all of last year at RT,when we set the team record for fewest sacks. Now he's willing to shift to LT and help the team.

Not saying he's a star but it seemed like yesterday we had a line a mile long, waiting their turn to trash his signing.

" If you listen to the fans, you'll soon be sitting with them " - Marv

Luisito23
09-04-2008, 05:43 AM
Yeah it was a great signing, but what I'm afraid is him having a very good year at LT and then us having to go through the same thing with him next year...

Tatonka
09-04-2008, 07:26 AM
no no.. he gave up a bunch of sacks with oakland.. he cant be good.

:rolleyes:

ddaryl
09-04-2008, 07:53 AM
I knew we had to be aggressive to fix the OL.. but Walker has been earning it, and Marv looks like a genius here

ddaryl
09-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Yeah it was a great signing, but what I'm afraid is him having a very good year at LT and then us having to go through the same thing with him next year...

If he shows up to OTA's and training camp in 2009 he'll get a deal. The Bills have to reaffirm their message. If you hold out you get nothing, if you show dedication we'll reward you.

If Walker plays at a high enough level, they will have to back up their stance

Ebenezer
09-04-2008, 07:56 AM
The line is a unit. Four marginal players could easily hide the talents of one. Walker has to have another great year to really break the knocks he got from being in Oakland.

Ebenezer
09-04-2008, 07:57 AM
If he shows up to OTA's and training camp in 2009 he'll get a deal. The Bills have to reaffirm their message. If you hold out you get nothing, if you show dedication we'll reward you.

If Walker plays at a high enough level, they will have to back up their stance
If he has a great year and has to play LT all year can you imagine the left side of the line? When Peters comes back they could make either guy the LT. Get a center and that line will be amazing.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-04-2008, 08:02 AM
I don't know if I ever posted it, but I will tell you that I always thought Langston Walker was a better player than people here thought he was.

I would not have expected him to play LT, but if he can do a decent job there, it's a testament to him being a lot better player than many thought he was.

Then again, I was clamoring for LJ Shelton too.

I don't know if I am the first person here to say I think Kirk Chambers will be better than expected too. He's no rookie, and he's in the NFL for a reason.

Overall, between who is here, and young guys like Bell, I am optimistic about our tackle positions even without Peters.

Now if you factor in Peters playing at a high level, I go from optimistic to just plain confident.

Jan Reimers
09-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Overall, between who is here, and young guys like Bell, I am optimistic about our tackle positions even without Peters.

In another year, Bell will have us asking, "Jason Who?"

Meathead
09-04-2008, 08:41 AM
god i hope walker has a good start to the season

all of peters leverage goes right out the window

patmoran2006
09-04-2008, 08:48 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
The signing looks great because <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Walker</st1:place></st1:City> was fantastic at right tackle. I’ve admitted several times I thought at the time it was a terrible signing, but based on his play last year he was a bargain.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
However, I do not think he is equipped to play LEFT tackle, and I think you’re going to see him get exposed come Sunday.<o:p></o:p>
However, I will not blame him.. he shouldn’t be playing there to begin with.<o:p></o:p>

justasportsfan
09-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I’ve admitted several times I thought at the time it was a terrible signing, :whistling

and I think you’re going to see him get exposed come Sunday.

and I think you're going to be flipflopping or admitting you were wrong again like always.

trapezeus
09-04-2008, 09:37 AM
i have a feeling that if walker can do the job admiraly, the bills are going to stick it in peters' face and offer walker an extension and/or bonus. I feel like DJ's comments about being unselfish was a nod and wink to walker that says, "do well and bail us out, you'll be taken care of".

Michael82
09-04-2008, 10:01 AM
However, I do not think he is equipped to play LEFT tackle, and I think you’re going to see him get exposed come Sunday.

Says the guy who hated the signing and bashed the team in the first place. Sorry bro, but I trust OBD a lot more than anything you say.

Philagape
09-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Since no actual games have been played, nothing is looking pretty anything.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2008, 10:36 AM
People just don't learn around here.

Langston Walker played okay in Oakland when he was on the right side. When they moved him to LT he sucked.

He is going to struggle at LT. Period. He does not have the athleticism to play LT. This is a stop gap measure.

You will all find out how bad this line is going struggle soon enough.

This line was suspect with Fowler in the middle. Now you have a good RT trying to play a position that he has played poorly before and a RT that shouldn't even be on the field. So we have weakness at 3 positions now instead of one. That can't be good.

PromoTheRobot
09-04-2008, 10:39 AM
People just don't learn around here.

Langston Walker played okay in Oakland when he was on the right side. When they moved him to LT he sucked.

He is going to struggle at LT. Period. He does not have the athleticism to play LT. This is a stop gap measure.

You will all find out how bad this line is going struggle soon enough.

This line was suspect with Fowler in the middle. Now you have a good RT trying to play a position that he has played poorly before and a RT that shouldn't even be on the field. So we have weakness at 3 positions now instead of one. That can't be good.
We shall see, won't we. I have more faith in this team than you.

PTR

HHURRICANE
09-04-2008, 10:51 AM
We shall see, won't we. I have more faith in this team than you.

PTR

Facts are facts. Chambers sucks at RT, Walker sucked at LT when he was in Oakland, and Fowler is what he is.

Somehow I'm supposed to believe that this isn't the case?

Wally The Barber
09-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I Liston to the fans and I sit with them too!

Do I win something for that?

justasportsfan
09-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Facts are facts. Chambers sucks at RT, Walker sucked at LT when he was in Oakland, and Fowler is what he is.

facts are facts. He doesn't play in oakland anymore. What he did there has no bearing on what he does here. Moran hated the signing because the sacks in oakland supposedly came from his side and our coaches said they weren't his fault.

Our coaches were right and Moran was wrong as usual until he flips.

There are no facts as far as Walker playing LT AS A BILL. He can flop or he can pan out. Right now you nor I don't know crap so stop acting like a horrible Ms. Cleo.

justasportsfan
09-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Says the guy who hated the signing and bashed the team in the first place. Sorry bro, but I trust OBD a lot more than anything you say.
I trust Mlynch23 more than Moran.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2008, 11:05 AM
facts are facts. He doesn't play in oakland anymore. What he did there has no bearing on what he does here. Moran hated the signing because the sacks in oakland supposedly came from his side and our coaches said they weren't his fault.

There are no facts as far as Walker playing LT AS A BILL. He can flop or he can pan out. Right now you nor I don't know crap so stop acting like a horrible Ms. Cleo.

Actually, Walker played okay on the right side in Oakland and I did not hate the pick up. The problem in Oakland was playing him on the left side where he sucked.

Let me guess Chambers is great also and I didn't watch him struggle with my own eyes.

patmoran2006
09-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Do you have difficulties with reading comprehension?

I've said, I dunno.. Maybe 75 times now that Walker exceeded my expectations last year? I even called him the most underated player on this football team.

And as far as "trusting anything I say", am I going to have to sit here and hope Walker gives up 4 sacks Sunday so I can say I was right? No, I don't think so.

And congratulations for your deepest trust in OBD. .How has that paid off for you over this decade?

I don't think he's equipped to play left tackle and I can ASSURE you if Chambers didn't suck, Walker would still be on the right side. The team is in jeopardy of weakening themselves at two positions, not because of Walker but because of Chambers inability to play left tackle.

And you can talk about Oakland being a thing of the past all you want.. The fact remains, he was a disaster at left tackle for the Raiders, and he was brilliant at right tackle for the Bills.

He's playing left tackle right now, so I will hold my breath that it doesnt blow up (or that Peters gets his fat ass here soon).

HHURRICANE
09-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Keep drinking the Ralph-aid. It's all Peters fault but Chambers and Walker will save the day.

I'm going to predict it and because it happens every year that you homers will be cursing Ralph by week 5 for not getting Peters more money.

Just like when you start *****ing when we are in the midst of a losing season.

It happens every year.

PromoTheRobot
09-04-2008, 11:12 AM

Sorry, those aren't "facts". Those are your misguided opinions colored by you intense hatred for Ralph Wilson and the Bills in general.

PTR

Kerr
09-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Whatever. Can't everyone just be exicted that football season starts today. You can all say, "I told you so" in a few weeks. Walker had a solid line coach in Mcnally when he got here. He may have learned a thing or two better than his time in Oakland. Give him a chance.

justasportsfan
09-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Actually, Walker played okay on the right side in Oakland and I did not hate the pick up. The problem in Oakland was playing him on the left side where he sucked.

Let me guess Chambers is great also and I didn't watch him struggle with my own eyes.

Your own eyes does not know who or what goes on the field just like people blamed Walker for the sacks coming from his side in Oakland and our coaches knew better.

Oakland OL sucked as a whole and that should make you wonder if their coaches then knew how to use Walker because it seems to me our coaches do.

Again, I don't know if he'll do well or not but you have to give our coaches the benefit of the doubt and not act like you know better than they do.

justasportsfan
09-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Those are your misguided opinions colored by you intense hatred for Ralph Wilson and the Bills in general.

PTR lets not forget his opinion was that if we were serious about making playoffs we shoula drafted a DE . Then he goes on to say the same thing but in a different position.:rolleyes:

Tatonka
09-04-2008, 03:13 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
The signing looks great because <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Walker</st1:place></st1:City> was fantastic at right tackle. I’ve admitted several times I thought at the time it was a terrible signing, but based on his play last year he was a bargain.<o:p></o:p>
However, I do not think he is equipped to play LEFT tackle, and I think you’re going to see him get exposed come Sunday.<o:p></o:p>
However, I will not blame him.. he shouldn’t be playing there to begin with.<o:p></o:p>

well your 0-1 on walker predictions so far.. so your prediction holds no wieght. :snicker:

Tatonka
09-04-2008, 03:15 PM

HH, how many games did he play at LT. do you know?

gr8slayer
09-04-2008, 04:50 PM

I don't know about Moran flip-flopping but I won't; Walker always has and always will suck balls at LT. He is not athletic enough to keep up with the pure athletes he'll be going up against week in and week out (minus a few teams on our schedule like Miami who don't have crap at DE). I'll give him until week five and I would love to be wrong, but I won't be. No footwork, bad kick step, no bending at the knees = a horrible LT and a jacked up QB.