• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Langston Walker Signing Looks Pretty Good Now

5 Years 25 Mil ? Gave up 1 sack all of last year at RT,when we set the team record for fewest sacks. Now he's willing to shift to LT and help the team.

Not saying he's a star but it seemed like yesterday we had a line a mile long, waiting their turn to trash his signing.

" If you listen to the fans, you'll soon be sitting with them " - Marv
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Langston Walker Signing Looks Pretty Good Now

Yeah it was a great signing, but what I'm afraid is him having a very good year at LT and then us having to go through the same thing with him next year...
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

no no.. he gave up a bunch of sacks with oakland.. he cant be good.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I knew we had to be aggressive to fix the OL.. but Walker has been earning it, and Marv looks like a genius here

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Luisito23
          Yeah it was a great signing, but what I'm afraid is him having a very good year at LT and then us having to go through the same thing with him next year...
          If he shows up to OTA's and training camp in 2009 he'll get a deal. The Bills have to reaffirm their message. If you hold out you get nothing, if you show dedication we'll reward you.

If Walker plays at a high enough level, they will have to back up their stance

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

The line is a unit. Four marginal players could easily hide the talents of one. Walker has to have another great year to really break the knocks he got from being in Oakland.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
              If he shows up to OTA's and training camp in 2009 he'll get a deal. The Bills have to reaffirm their message. If you hold out you get nothing, if you show dedication we'll reward you.

If Walker plays at a high enough level, they will have to back up their stance
              If he has a great year and has to play LT all year can you imagine the left side of the line? When Peters comes back they could make either guy the LT. Get a center and that line will be amazing.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                • May 2004

I don't know if I ever posted it, but I will tell you that I always thought Langston Walker was a better player than people here thought he was.

I would not have expected him to play LT, but if he can do a decent job there, it's a testament to him being a lot better player than many thought he was.

Then again, I was clamoring for LJ Shelton too.

I don't know if I am the first person here to say I think Kirk Chambers will be better than expected too. He's no rookie, and he's in the NFL for a reason.

Overall, between who is here, and young guys like Bell, I am optimistic about our tackle positions even without Peters.

Now if you factor in Peters playing at a high level, I go from optimistic to just plain confident.
                "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                  Overall, between who is here, and young guys like Bell, I am optimistic about our tackle positions even without Peters.
                  In another year, Bell will have us asking, "Jason Who?"
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

god i hope walker has a good start to the season

all of peters leverage goes right out the window
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

The signing looks great because Walker was fantastic at right tackle. I’ve admitted several times I thought at the time it was a terrible signing, but based on his play last year he was a bargain.

However, I do not think he is equipped to play LEFT tackle, and I think you’re going to see him get exposed come Sunday.

However, I will not blame him.. he shouldn’t be playing there to begin with.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        I’ve admitted several times I thought at the time it was a terrible signing,

and I think you’re going to see him get exposed come Sunday.

and I think you're going to be flipflopping or admitting you were wrong again like always.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i have a feeling that if walker can do the job admiraly, the bills are going to stick it in peters' face and offer walker an extension and/or bonus. I feel like DJ's comments about being unselfish was a nod and wink to walker that says, "do well and bail us out, you'll be taken care of".

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

However, I do not think he is equipped to play LEFT tackle, and I think you’re going to see him get exposed come Sunday.
                            Says the guy who hated the signing and bashed the team in the first place. Sorry bro, but I trust OBD a lot more than anything you say.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Since no actual games have been played, nothing is looking pretty anything.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X